shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay find....Unsure if I should return or keep it. Your thoughts? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
After missing out on 2 ebay deals, I finally bought a 0.31ct OEC on a BIN auction. It''s 4.07 - 4.20 x 2.81mm and here are some pictures. The first one is from the seller. The rest are my best attempts which are terrible by PS standard.

I had originally intended it to be set as a bezel pendant but after reading Storm''s advice to use IS (in Coati''s thread), I noticed there''s lots of leakage which I think is understandable due to deep cut. If I don''t bezel it, I find it a little on the small side for my thick neck. As the seller has a return policy, I contact the seller for a return or exchange (he has new stock coming in next weekend). After spending more time with it today, I am a little unsure if I shall return it. It''s actually quite nice for the price I think.

It''s a SI 1 due to the girdle dings. Want to guess the color?

Any thoughts on this OEC? Thanks!

31oe.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of my best lame shots:

OEC 0.31 on tray daylight 5.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Side profile.

Any thoughts / comments are much appreciated!

Thanks!

OEC 0.31 side.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, with old cuts it really is all about whether you love it or no - and to me, it
doesn''t really sound as if you love it?
I say, if you have the potential to get a replacement soon, I would return it.
5.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He''s always getting in new stock and is really easy to work with on returns. You could keep it until he gets more in and then decide, but if you''re this unsure right now then I''d return it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
If you''re not 100% happy with it I would return it.
It is a very pretty stone tho.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what you paid for it. I hope not much because of the chips and the small size. I wouldn''t pay more than $200 for the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed some nicks/chips on the girdle bit I guess you are all right with that. If you don''t love it right away and he''s got more stock coming in, then hold out for something that you know you''ll love 100% all the time.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to guess the color from a pic, but it looks warm. It''s cool, so if you love it, keep it. If not, trade it in when he gets more stock. It''s funny, I''ve definitely had stones that grow on me. There are stones that I love on the spot, and there are stones that after a day of play, I can''t part with--even though I was unsure at first, so I feel ya.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe a J?

I think it''s really pretty, but if you aren''t in love I think you should see what else he gets. I want an old cut sooooo bad...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto arjunajane - it should really be about whether it speaks to you or not. If not, then return it. But if it does, I say keep it, bezel it, and love it
2.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I would keep it!!!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a pretty stone, I would keep it!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your responses!

It''s a nice stone but it didn''t wow me, especially seeing all the awesome close up pictures of the OEC here on PS. I like what I see when I loupe it as the cut is nice and it gives off nice chunks of fire in the right light. Initially I thought it''s either love it or not kind of situation as well. That''s why I contacted the seller for a return or exchange. I kept it over the weekends since I''m only going to Post Office on Monday. It kind of grew on me.

This is a L color stone. I always thought that I am very color sensitive and took a chance on this stone and is really pleasantly surprised that the warm color didn''t bother me, which is really nice.
9.gif
9.gif

I''m probably going to think about it for awhile since his new stock won''t be in till next Sunday. Will have to think of what to do with it.

Thanks again for all your responses!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It looks pretty but it sounds like you don''t love it. See what is in his new stock. I would love an OEC
35.gif
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 6:34:29 AM
Author: MMT
It looks pretty but it sounds like you don''t love it. See what is in his new stock. I would love an OEC
35.gif
35.gif
I agree.. I would see what else is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results