shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay and IG vendors

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just in the last two days, I have seen PSers name two vendors I had never heard of — Poli and LindenHill. I know there is a list that is sometimes updated under Antique and Vintage. But I was wondering if anyone would care to add a sentence or two about any particular small vendors they like and why. It is very daunting to enter this world, and word of mouth recommendations mean a lot.
Or perhaps you might share who you follow on Instagram?
I am obviously not talking about the PS biggies — like Victor Canera, David Klass, Whiteflash, and HPD.
Hope this is the right forum.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha, ok, probably not the right way to ask this question! I am just so intimidated by the idea of finding a reputable vendor!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha, ok, probably not the right way to ask this question! I am just so intimidated by the idea of finding a reputable vendor!

Hi! I know some
Follow: Parks fine (he seems to have a lot of deals- I asked a question if he posted his give away - which I never ever do but loved this band he had and he blocked me) lol. So not sure that’s a great indicator of how he is to work with. The Jewelry Box, Goldadore, thatvintagesparkle, cvbinspired, thecurio. Then there’s jewelsbygrace (nice to work with and beautiful things) ring concierge (good eye candy. Overpriced and not great at communicating. Reached out to them when upgrading. Horrible service) but like to see her things. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I know some
Follow: Parks fine (he seems to have a lot of deals- I asked a question if he posted his give away - which I never ever do but loved this band he had and he blocked me) lol. So not sure that’s a great indicator of how he is to work with. The Jewelry Box, Goldadore, thatvintagesparkle, cvbinspired, thecurio. Then there’s jewelsbygrace (nice to work with and beautiful things) ring concierge (good eye candy. Overpriced and not great at communicating. Reached out to them when upgrading. Horrible service) but like to see her things. Good luck. Hope this helps.

What’s The Jewelry Box? Do you have an Instagram handle? I looked and there are a billion with a similar name.

Thanks for the other recs!
I follow a ton of jewelry accounts on Instagram besides the big ones you mentioned. Just went through and made a list. Warning: it’s huge. Have not done business with them unless indicated, but my feed is a glorious show of sparklies!

parksfinegroupinc
gemconcepts (Yoram, diamond cutter extraordinaire @diagem on PS and a font of info, super awesome)
Jasminejadeboutique (have not done business with but have chatted by DM and she is SUPER nice)
Mochiko4281
Arkiebgemsandjewels
fks_bling @ForteKitty on PS
msuite8
jybjewels
higems_
jlwhitefinegems
thegemstoneproject
distinctivegem (used to be August Vintage, @Rhino on PS)
jacobkfinejewelry (he posts prices on things like bands, which I like)
meisje.gems
finewatergems
oldworlddiamonds
Otherwise_engaged
gemhoarder
calebbquashen
erikakwinters
keyamour
politradingco
cjd_sako
Diamondsbylauren
sincityfinds
chasegregory
knoxjewels
singlestonela
gildedlane
Idjewelry
emilychelseajewelry
xothebijouxbox
riouxrocks
erstwhilejewelry
desertrose_gems
leenheyne
jackweirandsons
filigreejewelers
langantiques
oldworldtreasures
Icerock_diamonds
Ivyandrosevintage
topnotchfaceting
victorbarbonejewelry
eragem
plattboutiquejewelry
Joganijewelry
markbroumand
pebbleandpolish
thatvintagesparkle
bluemoon_bits

Have done business with and LOVE:
HPdiamonds
cvb.inspired.design

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, @Tonks , how incredible and generous of you to take the time to do this! This gives me lots to explore!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, @Tonks , how incredible and generous of you to take the time to do this! This gives me lots to explore!

You’re so welcome! It will probably help me, too. I had honestly forgotten I was following some of these. IG’s algorithm sometimes seems to limit what I see in the feed so I need to go check. I’ve turned on post notifications for some, but all would be completely overwhelming.

Have fun!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I know some

Old thread but I'm looking up IG vendors because there seem to be so many these days; I've read similar stories about Alex Parks - seems like a jerk!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Old thread but I'm looking up IG vendors because there seem to be so many these days; I've read similar stories about Alex Parks - seems like a jerk!

I’ve had a few inquiries with him (no purchases) and my take on him is that he’s not really accommodating like some PS faves (this sounds harsh but I can’t think of a nicer way to say it at the moment). From what I’ve gathered based on my own interactions with him and what I’ve read online, I think he’s a straight shooter and more or less wants his customers to be quick/ decisive/ already know what they want. He answered all my questions and was perfectly pleasant. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him. In fact, I made an IG mainly to follow him/ snag one of his deals. Which I still can’t get cause they go so fast! I wanted that diamond star so bad...

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ that star was so pretty!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
^ that star was so pretty!

I know! :(

I would have bezeled it and turned it into a pendant. It would have been a killer piece cause how often do you even see that??

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had a few inquiries with him (no purchases) and my take on him is that he’s not really accommodating like some PS faves (this sounds harsh but I can’t think of a nicer way to say it at the moment). From what I’ve gathered based on my own interactions with him and what I’ve read online, I think he’s a straight shooter and more or less wants his customers to be quick/ decisive/ already know what they want. He answered all my questions and was perfectly pleasant. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him. In fact, I made an IG mainly to follow him/ snag one of his deals. Which I still can’t get cause they go so fast! I wanted that diamond star so bad...

Not gonna lie, I follow him too was just really shocked at some of the screenshots posted of how he spoke to some ppl. The thing is, unlike many other PS members, some ppl purchase just 1-2 pieces of jewelry ever (like an e-ring) and it’s a big decision!! So it seems normal to want to ask questions etc. ‍♀️

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I would be scared of asking him any questions ! I only look at his things for fun because I am not an impulsive buyer (lost some good things because of this ) . his deals are gone in minutes .

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would be scared of asking him any questions ! I only look at his things for fun because I am not an impulsive buyer (lost some good things because of this ) . his deals are gone in minutes .

I know! One frustrating thing about some IG pages is “dm for price”. At least he lists the price! I hate when people on IG don’t because I want to browse and see the specs AND the cost - and I definitely don’t want to bombard someone with a bunch of messages.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results