shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy potato recipes

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Spin off from the chicken thread!

What are some good and easy potato recipes?

I love potatoes. My mom makes some great recipes with potatoes but I'd love to hear some new ones. Go!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we grill outside. I grill potatoes.
Microwave covered with wet paper towel multi color potatoes for a couple of mins to precook.
Slice them and then brush with olive oil and sea salt and grill till burnt! I love them burnt!!! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sometimes bake potato slices.

I put in a bowl

Olive Oil
Grey Poupon
fresh Rosemary (chopped)
sea salt

toss cut potatoes in the above mix

cut up some potatoes w/skins on. Then toss in the above mix and bake in 375 degrees till golden

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh guys! Sounds great.

I have potatoes sitting around and I need to do something with them...I may have to go out right now and get some ingredients so I can get cookin!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband makes "baked fries"

slice the potatoes into thin wedges
brush a little olive oil over them
sprinkle a little rosemary over them- a little salt and pepper too if you desire
put the oven on 400-425 and just crisp them for like 5 or so minutes (check on them, you want them to brown and crisp but not burn)
flip them over- brush the olive oil and season the other side
cook for 5-7 min on the other side

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to cut up Yukon gold or baby red, white, and/or purple potatoes and bake them with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. :lickout:

Oh, and mashed potatoes, made with Yukon gold potatoes. I use skim milk instead of higher-fat milk or cream, but then I add butter and lots of parmesan cheese to the pot right before serving. Yum.

That's all I've got. :bigsmile: I'll be checking out this thread often because I love potatoes but I have no creativity whatsoever.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1312413498|2983533 said:
I love to cut up Yukon gold or baby red, white, and/or purple potatoes and bake them with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. :lickout:

Oh, and mashed potatoes, made with Yukon gold potatoes. I use skim milk instead of higher-fat milk or cream, but then I add butter and lots of parmesan cheese to the pot right before serving. Yum.

That's all I've got. :bigsmile: I'll be checking out this thread often because I love potatoes but I have no creativity whatsoever.

Oh guys! These are all awesome. How am I gonna pick? Hmm. I do like fries........

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1312414158|2983543 said:
Zoe|1312413498|2983533 said:

Oh guys! These are all awesome. How am I gonna pick? Hmm. I do like fries........

Oh, and the salt can't be regular salt. We use sea salt. Mmmm...

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am baking fries right now for supper. Yumm!

A quick comfort food I do sometimes is to chop potatoes into irregularly sized chunk and boil in stock, with some crushed garlic and herbs like rosemary, sage or thyme. Drain most of the stock, but not all, add a large chunk of cream cheese and stir it quite vigorously, so the smaller chunks break apart but you still have some nice chunks. Creamy, chunky, herby and cheesy - perfect!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
4-5 potatoes (love yukon golds) shredded
1 egg
2 tbs flour

Mix and drop heaping spoonfulls into an inch or two of hot oil in a frying pan. Fry till brown and crispy on both sides. Drain and salt & pepper.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My sweet heart makes some awesome augratin like potatoes.

Chop them up fairly thin. Put them in a glass container. Pour half and half till covered. Lightly salty and oregano ( to your taste).

Cover it and put in the oven for about 30-45 min at 350. Uncover for another 5 -10 for it to slightly brown and enjoy.

I hope I got that right. :)

If you like sweet potatoes. We just like chopping them up in big chunks and grilling them till lightly soft.

Yummy!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Pittsburgh Potatoes

1 1/4 lbs peeled potatoes diced,
2Tbsp butter
2Tbsp water
1Tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1/4tsp onion powder
1/4tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp anise

Melt butter in a 2 liter/quart microwaveable dish on high for 60 seconds (or less) then add the diced potatoes and all the other ingredients and stir together. Cover and microwave on high for 14 minutes, stirring once during cooking. Enjoy!

Don't let the vinegar throw you off - this dish is fast, easy and tasty :D

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
great thread AN! I am a potato lover myself!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
my grandma will make these for just about every family function we have. soooooo good!
her recipe, as it was given to me,

Cheesy Potatoes!

1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese(she usually uses cheddar)
1 large bag of southern style potatoes (just small cubes)
1 medium onion (sometimes she leaves this out, my aunt doesn't like them, lol)
1 stick of unsalted butter
16oz sour cream
crushed potato chips for topping

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
combine all ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish. Slice the stick of butter into tablespoons and push into the potato mix. Sprinkle 1 cup breadcrumbs/chips on top of mix. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. enjoy! :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great recipes. When I make potatoes au gratin I buy the homestyle frozen hashbrowns. That way I don't have to cut up all those potatoes. I will have to try the half and half because that way I won't have to make a thick sauce from milk, butter and seasonings. Sweet.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I do the baked fries and the seasoned roasted potatoes too.

My fav is baked potatoes, cooked in the oven. Since I'm running the oven, I make extra and make baked potato casserole. Pop the bakers in the fridge until you need them. Scoop them out and mix them with sour cream, chives, bacon, butter, whatever you like on your baked potato. Microwave it for a couple minutes. Add extra cheese on top and put it under the broiler to melt the cheese. It's a whole new deliciousness that only takes about 10 minutes.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Yum potatoes!

I slice in wedges and par boil for a few minutes so they are still firmish, then I drain and toss in a healthy dose of olive oil. I then spread them on a tray, cover with herbs and broil. You have to watch while they broil and I take them out and turn them a few times and sometimes add more seasoning. I love them really really brown. It's a really quick way to get yummy potatoes, I think it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. I'm a huge fan of already blended herbs with some salt mixed in. This is embarrassing, but I stock up on different herb blends in the "gourmet food" section of TJ Maxx where they are a couple bucks for a large jar. I guess herbs aren't really in danger of poisoning you. :saint:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! Just wanted to thank all of you for such great recipes. I can't wait to try some of these out. Bookmarking this pages :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No great recipe here - I am the laziest cook ever...

I found out about microwaving potatoes and that's how I've been making them ever since. Brush/wash them, poke a few holes in them, microwave on high 5 minutes on each side. Then put butter/salt, whatever you like.

They really do come out delicious...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results