shape
carat
color
clarity

Easter proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prberg

Rough_Rock
Hello all...

well I think the time is finally here. I am planning to pop the question this weekend. My GF and I are going up to monterey, CA for the weekend so I think it''s the perfect time. Starting to get nervous.

So I am going to keep it simple/private. My original plan was to go on a hike along the ocean, right before sunset and ask here then. But after talking to my mom she thought I should do it earlier in the day. That way we would be able to enjoy more of the weekend in the post proposal ''glow''. Also I wouldn''t be tied up in knots all day worrying about the proposal. So now I''m thinking of asking her in the morning. We are going to be at a nice hotel.. so we could go for a quiet walk in the morning and do it then. Or... we get breakfast brought to the room (she likes room service) and I have them bring an extra plate with a cover. I put the ring box inside a large plastic easter egg, and put it on the plate (with easter grass and everything). After breakfast I tell her to take a look under the cover and look... the easter bunny brought a gift. hmmm... what could it be. Or I could do a mini easter egg hunt... and have the ring in the final big egg in an easter basket at the end of the hunt.

If I propose in the morning in the hotel room is that romantic enough? Is the easter egg thing too cheesy? She is a very laid back girl so I''m sure she will love it.. however I do it. But I do want it to be a moment that she will remember with fond memories.

any comments?

thanks.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think any proposal involving trays/rings inside food is a bit cheesy. If she''s laid back she will appreciate anything that came from your heart. Get the room service and do it alone together with nothing too cheesy involved OR do the early morning walk together and do it then. Keeping it simple will be easiest for you and you also won''t have to worry about complex proposals going wrong! She''ll love it!

Congrats in advance and best of luck!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

I’m cheesy and I lov the easter egg hunt idea!!

Good luck this weekend!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
give her an easter basket with chocolates and put it in an egg in the basket...cheesy but cute for the holiday.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Okay it''s after Easter - how''d the proposal go? :D

prberg

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. Well it went perfect and she said ''Yes''!!
9.gif

I kept it simple.... that made it easier and me less stressed. We checked into the hotel and it was awesome. A great room with a fireplace, jacuzzi, and living room. I had them put some candles, bath stuff, and rose petals out to make it more special. The hotel even gave us a cake with ''Happy Anniversary'' (that was my ''story'' so she didnt'' get suspicious) on it. Yum. We ordered room service for breakfast. Enjoyed our meal in our pj''s and robes. After breakfast we sat down by the fireplace and I pulled out an easter basket. Said it was an easter gift for her. She found the egg inside and opened that. I think she was starting to sense something was going to happen. Inside the egg she found the ring box and then she the emotion started to hit her. :) Once she opened the ring box I dropped to my knee and told her all the things that were in my heart and asked her the big question. She was so happy and kina speechless.. but she got the ''Yes'' out and we were both so happy.

We enjoyed the rest of the day... went Kayaking and explored around Monterey. She said it was the perfect ring and a perfect proposal. Thanks to everyone on PS... you guys are so helpful and great.

-Peter

pbring4.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds perfect! Congrats and I am so happy it went perfectly for you guys! Tell your new fiance to come on here and join the brides in waiting list!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! and the ring is beautiful!

pelicano

Rough_Rock
You ask if it''s romantic enough? Hm... Let''s see...

OF COURSE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results