Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An earthquate, apparently.

To answer my question: Yes, in CT.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, very definitely.
It's a 5.8 apparently and my son is on Facebook and his friends all up and down the East Coast say they just felt it, too.
somewhat scary.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! My office is on the 3rd floor and it felt like someone was shaking my chair pretty hard!

I bolted and went outside but once I heard it was "just" an earthquake I went back in. No one else in my office even went outside! Whatever-I act first and ask questions later! :cheeky:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In NY, and I did not! Freaky ....

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Totally felt here on 47th street.
Many of the occupants of buildings on Fifth Avenue were evacuated!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't feel it. I'm on the second floor of a building just south of Boston.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in DE and i felt nothing. my friend in baltimore said it shook like crazy.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on Long Island in NY and we felt it for sure!!! My whole apt. was shaking!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn it! I apparently didn't feel it through my vacuuming- but hubby is working from home and def felt ut- he yelled up to me to stop shaking whatever I was shaking lol.

Oh yea- we live in north eastern NJ

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In NC...yes!!!! It was very scary! I went straight to my computer and Jonathan of Good Old Gold had just posted that his store was shaking on Long Island!!! Then I knew it was an earthquake. But wow, it covered a LOT of territory!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, felt in Philadelphia. Those on first floor said they didn't feel it.

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
also in northern NJ, and definitely felt it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'm in a high-rise in downtown Boston and we defnitely felt it. At first I thought I was just dizzy, but then coworkers said 'Does anybody else feel that shaking?"

How was it down in DC?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Felt it in South Jersey, we evacuated the building for a few minutes. DH is over in Philly and said the cat was pretty freaked out.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Felt it in se PA. My friend in Virginia was on the toilet at work at the time. lol

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
So that's what that was! I was home today and taking a little nap. I couldn't figure out what was making the bed move; it wasn't moving that much - at first I thought it was a rat trying to climb up the bed (we've had rat problems in the past) It almost felt like one of those bed massagers on the very lowest setting.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Didn't feel a thing in a 2 story office building NW of Boston.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
My entire office felt it in Wilmington, DE. Coworkers out in Columbus, OH felt it as well!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in Northern Virginia and the whole house shook like crazy. Nothing fell off the walls, but things moved around on tables, etc. The water in our pond was actually shaking. I have never experienced an earthquake and was a little bit shaken up myself.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
We felt it here in Rhode Island.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely!

I am in Ft. Washington PA for work and was in my car. Felt like someone was jumping up and down on it!

My husband was not far from home in NJ and said everything just swayed side to side.

Wow!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Im in Cincinnati, but all of my Columbus and Cleveland friends are posting on facebook about it, so it must have been felt up there!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in NW Ohio and I felt it here. I'm at home recovering from surgery but my boss called from the office and said it was strong enough to shake our 8 story office building. No injuries are being reported from my area.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in Northern VA, too, and we totally felt it. I was taking pictures and saw vibration through my camera viewfinder before I felt it, but then the whole building just ROCKED. Everything stayed on my shelves, but I thought I was fainting or something- it didn't occur to me at first that it might be the building and not me! That's the first quake I have ever experienced and it felt like that moment at the top of a hill on a roller coaster, just when you begin to feel the freefall- it was crazy!

I lived in Richmond for several years during and after college- waiting to hear from my friends down there and any reports of damage- my thoughts are with everyone in Southern VA!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I somehow missed it here in NY

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
That was really scary! I live and work in Richmond VA...about 20 miles or so from the epicenter. Doesn't look like any major damage here though, just lots and lots of shaking!!!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Felt it here in Raleigh. Never having been near a quake before, I thought they were doing work on the roof and decided to run around and jump on it. Freaked my cat out, she ran under the bed. Only then did I see that all my stuff was shaking. Neighbor said it was a tremor but I laughed and said we were too far away from any fault lines. Learned later it was in VA. Apparently there is not even a fault line in Mineral, VA where it originated. Crazy!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I live right outside of Boston and definitely felt my couch shaking as it was happening. I thought it was the dog or something. My BF also felt it at work in Boston! Crazy!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
YES! I'm in DC. I was in the Nordstrom at Pentagon City mall, which is located right across the street from the Pentagon. We all thought it was something wrong with the Metro or the Pentagon. Nobody's first reaction was that it was an earthquake. The chandeliers were swaying, and items were falling off the shelves. Pretty scary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results