shape
carat
color
clarity

East Coasters . . . Did you feel that?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, you all want to move to CA, don't you?!

Once you have been through a few big ones they aren't nearly as scary anymore. For first-timers it can be a little unsettling.

madiamondgirl

Rough_Rock
YES! We felt it in Cambridge Ma!! It was crazy..... thank goodness it wasn't too severe and no one was hurt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1314156555|2997981 said:
Now, you all want to move to CA, don't you?!

LOL- this is is exactly what I said to my husband after it happened!! I said if we are going to start experiencing real earthquakes here then it is time to consider moving to sunny California which IMO has the best weather around!! :sun:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1314123964|2997540 said:
I'm on Long Island in NY and we felt it for sure!!! My whole apt. was shaking!

I'm another Long Islander and we definitely felt it in waves. We had three different types of waves before it stopped. I was sitting at the dining table eating a late lunch and watched the mini blinds bounce off the windows.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
What I wanna know is.....for those of you at home with pets, how did they react prior, during, and after?

My pets were acting weird as early as yesterday morning and are still not quite back to their normal selves. I have three resident guinea pigs, two rabbits, and three temporary resident guinea pigs who I am fostering for a rescue group at the moment. Yesterday morning, one of my guinea pigs was flipping out for no apparent reason when I gave her her morning vitamin (which she loves and begs for each day under normal circumstances). She starting squealing like I was hurting her (I hadn't touched her), ran to a corner, and sat there frozen for 10 mins. Wouldn't eat anything. I have had her for nearly a year and she has never done anything like that. One of the other piggie girls was acting a little aggressive and chattering her teeth. She has been with me for two years, and has never done that before. The third girl, who is new and currently lives by herself in a separate room of the house, would not come out of her hidey house to eat at all. She does tend to be nervous, but she has been coming out to eat every morning. Not yesterday. I was at work when the quake happened, so I'm not sure how they reacted then. Our office actually shook pretty violently (Central NJ). We were made to evacuate the building, but only for about 15 mins. When I got home later, the foster guinea pigs were fighting with each other (they've been together since birth and never fought before). One of the fosters bit me pretty hard on the wrist when I tried to comfort him (again, they're not biters, this has never happened!). The rabbits seemed okay, but later I found tufts of hair on the floor which seemed to indicate they had been tussling earlier. Nobody is hurt, but everybody is cranky and/or spooked. I sure hope they settle down today, they are raising my blood pressure at the moment!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1314147791|2997868 said:
AmeliaG|1314142541|2997819 said:
That's so funny AGBF! Nobody around me felt this earthquake either. I think its only because I was in my old rickety bed and it really didn't feel like an earthquake. It was very subtle; I didn't know what it was.

When I was in South Carolina, we had a small earthquake and I definitely felt that - the plates were rattling, the ground seemed to shake but this time it was barely noticeable.

Where are you now, Amelia?

Deb
:read:

I'm in Manhattan, New York, Deb. I swear nobody felt it but me. I blame my bed. :D

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1314125536|2997580 said:
We felt it here in Rhode Island.

Where in Rhode Island do you live? My son is in Providence, at the University district, and said he had no clue.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
crasru|1314200941|2998253 said:
ruby59|1314125536|2997580 said:
We felt it here in Rhode Island.

Where in Rhode Island do you live? My son is in Providence, at the University district, and said he had no clue.

I live in Cranston. It was weak, but my daughter and I definitely felt it. My husband works in downtown Providence. His building was evacuated. Until I called him, he had no clue what had happened.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I live i NJ, 12 miles from Manhattan and I definitely felt it. So did my son but my husband said he didn't. We were all home.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1314123166|2997524 said:
An earthquate, apparently.

To answer my question: Yes, in CT.

I called my parents who are in CT and my dad was like, I didn't feel anything, they just made it up! I'm like how can you make up an earthquate.... :nono:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1314312356|2999657 said:

I called my parents who are in CT and my dad was like, I didn't feel anything, they just made it up! I'm like how can you make up an earthquate.... :nono:

:bigsmile: Parents are silly sometimes!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1314312356|2999657 said:

LOL.

Admittedly, it was really minor. It felt like someone was standing behind my office chair (which has wheels) and was moving it back and forth. I then heard my assistant freaking out, which is not that unusual, actually. We work in an old building, so a lot of people thought it was just the regular every day rattles and rollings of the building. So, certainly miss-able!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results