shape
carat
color
clarity

Ease my mind a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pureincognito

Rough_Rock
First of all, i want to say that I love these boards and I wish I would have found them a week ago.

I need someone to ease my mind a bit. I just sold a Diamond on ebay that I purchased three years ago. It was a half carat Hearts on Fire Diamond. I sold it for a measly $925. This is where I need my mind eased. Was this a good deal? considering the economy and what not. The reason I ask is because it sold in less than a day. I''m wondering if I should have set the price much higer. I have all of the certificates that came with it from day one to verify authenticity.

Here is the link to the auction which includes all of the detailed specs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220568153601&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT The original purchase price in 2003 was $2163.

So what do you guys think? Was I too eager to sell it in a hurry.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 3:15:13 PM
Author:Pureincognito
First of all, i want to say that I love these boards and I wish I would have found them a week ago.

I need someone to ease my mind a bit. I just sold a Diamond on ebay that I purchased three years ago. It was a half carat Hearts on Fire Diamond. I sold it for a measly $925. This is where I need my mind eased. Was this a good deal? considering the economy and what not. The reason I ask is because it sold in less than a day. I''m wondering if I should have set the price much higer. I have all of the certificates that came with it from day one to verify authenticity.

Here is the link to the auction which includes all of the detailed specs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220568153601&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT The original purchase price in 2003 was $2163.

So what do you guys think? Was I too eager to sell it in a hurry.
Hi Pureincognito

I think you did fine, looking at the diamond below which is similar size and specs to yours ( .42 H SI2 h&a cut with an AGS report), it is selling new for $600 so I think you did well to get $925 back, bearing in mind it is usual to only recover 30 - 50% of what you originally paid.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1261622.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Lorelei. And I'll add that on my local Craigslist site, someone has been trying to sell a HOF 1/2 carat diamond and solitaire setting for over six months with no luck. Most people trying to sell diamonds on ebay or Craigslist get much less than what you received percentage wise -- and it sold right away, so you can pocket the money and move on with your life.

Pureincognito

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input. After looking at your example Diamond, I feel that I did do really well. I was curious because of the name recognition of my diamond and how quickly I got an offer for it. I expected the auction to go all the way and maybe sell for $800, so when I got an offer for $925 I couldn''t refuse it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 3:45:10 PM
Author: Pureincognito
Thanks for your input. After looking at your example Diamond, I feel that I did do really well. I was curious because of the name recognition of my diamond and how quickly I got an offer for it. I expected the auction to go all the way and maybe sell for $800, so when I got an offer for $925 I couldn't refuse it.
Sara and I are glad to help! Now as she says, you can pocket the money and move on, it could have been just what your buyer was looking for at the time they needed it - serendipity at work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results