shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings Studs Non-Round Shaped?

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers! I love looking at the "show me the stud" earring thread and the overall theme is round is a classic look and you can't go wrong. Is there something I'm missing though on the other shapes that seem to be more unpopular? Is it purely preference or is there more to it and something about the wear-ability that things need to look symmetrical on the ear for the best look? I'm guessing if it's a asymmetrical shape, you would have to place it properly on your ear so it matches. I'm thinking it would stay in place though, unless one fidgets with it through the day. Anyhow, any love or photos for princess, ascher, cushion cut, kites etc... earring studs? TIA!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I had rectangular radiant cuts for a bit, and found they rotated themselves, so would be pointing in wonky directions and generally look uneven. Talking on the phone, hat/hood, long hair, all can shift their position little by little.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the studs I have, they can all fit into the "round" category. I guess they sit nicely on my big fat chunky earlobes.

If I were to get another pair of earth-mined diamond or LGD studs, it would be step cut hexagonal ones or OEC.

However, that's unlikely to happen as I am planning for a bigger pair of earring jackets for my near 1cttw studs, in the form of a flower cluster, for greater impact and earlobe coverage.

DK :))

I have a pair of rectangular ECs (small ones, approx 0.8ctw) that I wear in my upper piercing or while travelling! They do rotate around a bit but I don’t mind it. I feel like most diamond shapes can make for great studs (the only ones I don’t like are pears and marquis for some reason because they feel better suited to a drop) though people who are particular about having them perfectly oriented can only really wear rounds.

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of rectangular ECs (small ones, approx 0.8ctw) that I wear in my upper piercing or while travelling! They do rotate around a bit but I don’t mind it. I feel like most diamond shapes can make for great studs (the only ones I don’t like are pears and marquis for some reason because they feel better suited to a drop) though people who are particular about having them perfectly oriented can only really wear rounds.

Appreciate you chiming in! Do you perhaps have a lovely photo to share? TIA!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I have pear shaped lab studs and I love being able to change the orientation of the stones.

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
I have pear shaped lab studs and I love being able to change the orientation of the stones.

How fun and never thought about that... though does it change by accident such as when you are using your cell phone against your year or perhaps when brushing your hair to the side?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results