shape
carat
color
clarity

earring studs at whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepper

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased loose diamonds from Whiteflash and had them set into earrings? I don''t see any mention about earrings on their site.

Also, in the .30 to .40 carat size range what has your experience been with your whiteflash stones?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean A Cut Above hearts and arrows diamonds? If so, they are great! Why don't you post a lik so that we can have a look for you?
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
White Flash did have diamond studs on the web site back in the spring, but I didn't find them either.

The WF smiths do great work. They custom made my half bezel pendant. Surely they can mount diamond studs as well. ACA's would make dinomite dazzlers!
love.gif

Give the folks at WF a call and ask. They are great folk to work with!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone on here (plaut) recently got 2 H&A diamonds for his wife and had them set into earrings. WhiteFlash, GOG, probably any of the online vendors on this forum would do that for you. From a smaller stone perspective, I know that WF has alot of stones between .20-.50 and I think GOG has more of the stones from around .40-.50...not sure about smaller. Also someone else on here recently built their own as well with smaller ideal diamonds from Blue Nile. However the other sites will have more information on cut if you want to spend the same but get H&A or similar.

I highly recommend building your own, the quality you get in the size range you are talking about is going to be unmatcheable in ANYTHING you find or buy pre-set. Plus you don't end up paying more because so many B&M's offer crappy quality and low color/clarity stones. For example you may get a 1ctw I/SI2 or similar crappy cut set for something like $2000 at a regular B&M--but you can build your own with G SI1 or similar and get a white looking stone that is eye-clean with H&A and excellent cut for say around $2300. Definitely worth it. We paid $2500 for my 1ctw H VS (they were really N SI but we found out, exchanged them and got G VS 2nd time around) and online I could make that same set for the same if not less and get H&A. 20/20 hindsight!!

So I love suggesting that people really think seriously about building your own. It's more personal, its fun, you get excellently cut stones which probably about .2% of the world has when it comes to diamond earring studs, and you don't really pay more. In the end, all of that is music to my ears!
1.gif

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Please read Plaut's post (within last few days) where I added some pictures of his just-set earrings for him, they are a knockout!!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Yes, Whiteflash does offer earrings. Most of the time our customers select their diamonds first and then we set them in 3 prong (yellow or white gold)or 4 prong (yellow or white gold or platinum) earrings. When the website was upgraded we experienced some hitches, but we expect the earrings and pendants to be loaded up some time this week. Here's a picture of the 3 prong ones.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

three-prong-earings.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the 4 prong ones - they come in either screw back, la poussette or heavy friction back.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Basket2_f.jpg

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Lesley,

Those earrings are are beautiful
The pictures - so clear...
I could pick them off the page
And put them straight in my ear!!!
wavey.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Help . . . I'm drooling and I can't stop!
3.gif

I keep trying to convince my fiance that an ACA pendant would make the perfect wedding gift.
naughty.gif
Of course, then he reminds me we still need new kitchen cabinets.

Lesley, whenever I search for ACAs ( a girl can dream), I notice they are all listed with no or negligible fluorescence. Do you not cut ACAs with fluorescence? I love blue fluorescence (have to match my Whiteflash e-ring after all!)

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kay:

It seems like the majority of the A CUT ABOVE's have negligible or no fluorescence. However we do have a few with fluorescence. Give me a call with your specs and we'll see what we can find.

Tell your fiance that the kitchen cabinets can wait a bit....the diamond necklace is so much more romantic!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes where are your fiance's priorities?!?
1.gif
can you really marry a man like that?!
rodent.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/10/2003 7:10:32 PM Mara wrote:

1.gif
rodent.gif
----------------

Yes, I know, silly practical man. Good thing for him he's so cute.
2.gif

We were planning on doing the kitchen in about six months when we had more cash saved up, but the recent fires are forcing us to re-think that decision. Since so many people are going to have to re-build from the ground up, we need to order our custom cabinets soon before everyone else gets to the kitchen planning stage of re-building, or we may have to wait over a year due to increased demand. I can just imaging what's going to happen to the building prices in Southern California.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/10/2003 8:53:21 PM Kay wrote:

----------------
On 11/10/2003 7:10:32 PM Mara wrote:

1.gif
rodent.gif
----------------

Yes, I know, silly practical man. Good thing for him he's so cute.
2.gif

----------------
Funny how this is so true! My fiance gets away with murder and then he just smiles at me with his beautiful blue eyes, and hugs me and I can't stay mad....MEN!
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara, that is a trick men learn when they are 2! It took me 10 years before I was onto it -- now he knows better
11.gif
. He's still cute, but has to work harder to get away with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results