shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring stud back : alpha system = La Pousette?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jxl

Rough_Rock
Do you know whether alpha system back has same function like La Pousette back?

The local jewelry store, where I want to have my studs set, only has alpha system back or heavy friction push back.

Thanks.

jxl

Rough_Rock
push up and hope someone know the answer.
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi jxl !
35.gif

I don''t know much about the "alpha system", but if this system is a friction push back, it may be a little different from La Pousette.

I have a La Pousette set of backs and they operate by a spring. The post has 2 "stops", which are indentations in the post. The back has a spring loaded button. When you push the button, it releases an internal clamp. When you release the button, the internal clamp closes. If you slide the back over a "stop", the internal clamp grabs the post at the indentation. Without pushing the button, the back cannot be moved off of this "stop". These backs are very secure, in my experience.

Friction systems also have stops, but I don''t think there is a spring loaded clamp in the back itself. I think they are butterfly backs, right? I think these friction backs are probably secure also, but I don''t have any personal experience with them.

Hope this info helps!
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I used to have La Pousettes but I wont have them again. I had to replace them at least once a year. Eventually the springs would become unreliable and randomly wouldn''t hook into the indentations. I got new earrings and ended up with plain, but very secure/tight backs. Much better.

jxl

Rough_Rock
Many, many thanks to starryeyed and surgirl. Your information is greatly appreciated. Sorry that I didn''t get chance to thank you sooner.
The alpha system back looks very much like La Pousette back, based on both pictures, but not sure if it''s operated by a Spring system.
The local jeweler told me that alpha system back needs to "screw out" when want to take it off.
Anyway, I ended up going with heavy friction back which has very,very tight push back. I have to pull hard to take the back off, so should be secure for my stones. I will have my studs set this coming Saturday. I will show you picture later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results