shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hwangster

Rough_Rock
What is a good modest size for stud earrings? I don''t want to ask my girlfriend by taking her to the mall, because I want to suprise her, but I have no idea what will look too small or too big on her ear. I know she doesn''t wear flashy jewelry, but she has always wanted diamond stud earrings.

Is .33 too small?

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
.33 is not too small
My wife wears two .33c (.66 TDCW) diamond stud platinum bezel set earrings and two .25c (.50 TDCW) diamond stud platinum bezel set earrings along with a couple other different type earrings all at once. She looks great!

Now being I only wear one earring, in my left ear
21.gif
, I wear a .56c diamond stud platinum bezel set earring.

Course if you ask her, she may say bigger is better!
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Depends on what you can afford, but I agree that as long as you do a .5 total or above you should be fine. .33 in each ear should be just about perfect for everyday wear, maybe a little bigger if you can swing it.

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Bigger you get with the diamond though, better clarity and more into the colorless zone may be wise because it will be more of a notice to others ..... unless you are into color diamonds. Platinum is great too if going colorless, won't give the diamond a yellow tint as yellow gold may do.

Mine is VS2 D.

Have fun shopping with her!
21.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
mine are .5 ct total, so .25 each, and i think they are a nice size..but i wouldn't mind if they were a bit bigger!
1.gif

Hwangster

Rough_Rock
i forgot to mention that I'm very poor
1.gif
If I can get something that's just flat out stunning, then I can maybe swing 5 - 600 bucks. But I am thinking maybe diamond earrings are too expensive right now
sad.gif
Thanks for all your input. I know I could have searched and found my answer, and I usually like to follow forum courtesy. Thanks for answering my question and not telling me to "Use the Search Feature" like other forums.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, don't get discouraged! I think .33 or even .25 would make for some really darling earrings. They're perfect for everyday wear. I think the person's age, body/earlobe size, and status (student?), whether this is their first pair of diamond studs, etc, plays a little in to appropriate earring size.

For what it's worth, I inherited some approx .33 studs from my grandmother. The stones are less than perfect, to say the least. However, I LOVE wearing them because of where they came from. I'm sure your GF would feel the same.

There are a lot of people who know quite a bit about diamonds here at PS. I am sure that they can help you find lovely earrings within your budget.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a pendant? With $600 or so...you can get a great small stone in a white gold 3 or 4 prong pendant maybe around .35c or similar. It would be great as a gift and as someone who wears a .37c Regent pendant...I *love* the size...its perfect for everyday wear and the cut is so great that it sparkles like MAD on my neck. Just a thought.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and since I'm really bored today...
2.gif

Check this out!!!

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00242557&query=2&filter_id=5

It's a .39 I SI from Blue Nile in an 'Ideal' cut. It's got an AGSL cert, so it should have crown and pav angles if you ask for them...AND the thing that really excites me about this stone is that it has very strong fluorescence. In an I color like this...the stone should be amazing....and will face up more like an H or maybe even G...who knows.
2.gif

But anyway, the price point is GREAT, if it's pretty eye clean...and a 14k gold chain and pendant setting is only $100. So you'd be at $680 but not bad!!
2.gif
I don't usually really recommend BN because of their lack of info on their stones, but if you can get the crown and pav angles on this stone, the price point and size and fluor make it a potentially very good buy.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results