shape
carat
color
clarity

earring prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plasticdoc123

Rough_Rock
A seller sent me 2 round brilliant earring in white gold settings. Total weight is about 5.2 carats. The color is about J/K and the clarity would be about SI1 but there is a small feather in the center of the table on both stones that are visible with the naked eye. That would,make them I1 clarity. The table is about 60% and the depth ? 60-62%. The symmetry is slightly off with the square made by the table is not perfectly square. The girdle is average and faceted. They are asking $18K. No certificate. Should I hold out for a certified stone or dig in and buy them. I took them to a jeweler and they thought that they were an OK deal.What do you think from the description.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The price for @ K SI1 sounds very fair for the earrings. It would be even better if they are J Si1. The fact that you can see inclusions in those size diamonds does NOT dictate they are I1. That is a misunderstanding that many believe incorrectly. In the large size you have purchased, quality such as this is more commonplace than much better such as used in engagement rings.

plasticdoc123

Rough_Rock
I bought them! I am very happy! Thanks for the advice.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results