shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring dilemma

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
So I bought those earrings recently. I got them with the intention to have them reset in a bezel rose gold setting. Something robust I can also wear when being outdoors and active. Well, they turned out to be really nice - even though the stones are very different, one a true and probably older OEC with a bit of a messy pattern and high crown and incredible thick girdle, the other a late OEC or even transitional with a nice flower pattern and a bigger table. But both very sparkly. The setting is so unique and I’d feel bad to take it apart. However, the stones are set so high, that I am scared they are too exposed and could fall off and they stand out quite a bit, which looks... well, unusual. Certainly nothing robust, like I wanted. But what to do? I remember a thread from someone who had a similar high set stone on a ring and had it lowered - can’t find it now. Would that be a solution? Or do the bezel setting anyways? 9A9C19EA-E1C9-49B1-8309-B0FBEED42148.jpeg A8026E13-F521-4132-AE25-389EE5D53C86.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would replace the posts for sure if you keep the settings. The threads will cut your ears up. Threading should only be at the ends of posts if at all. I do love those settings, very classic style.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
However, the stones are set so high, that I am scared they are too exposed and could fall off and they stand out quite a bit...

Are you a boxer?

Maybe for a ring, but I don't expect your earlobes will take that kind of abuse. To bend a prong -- that's a hard hit against a semi-immobilized mounting and I only envision that happening on a ring. I don't think a hairbrush, headphones, scarf, etc., will do that.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE them as is.
Anything that is going to hit your ear hard enough to dislodge a diamond is probably going to be causing you brain damage and a lost diamond will be the least of your worries.
How do they sit on your ear? My only concern would be if they “drooped” due to weight. That can be fixed with a large “button style” earring back.
I would wear them a bit before making any changes, I think the petal scallop look is unique and beautiful.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I bought those earrings recently. I got them with the intention to have them reset in a bezel rose gold setting. Something robust I can also wear when being outdoors and active. Well, they turned out to be really nice - even though the stones are very different, one a true and probably older OEC with a bit of a messy pattern and high crown and incredible thick girdle, the other a late OEC or even transitional with a nice flower pattern and a bigger table. But both very sparkly. The setting is so unique and I’d feel bad to take it apart. However, the stones are set so high, that I am scared they are too exposed and could fall off and they stand out quite a bit, which looks... well, unusual. Certainly nothing robust, like I wanted. But what to do? I remember a thread from someone who had a similar high set stone on a ring and had it lowered - can’t find it now. Would that be a solution? Or do the bezel setting anyways? 9A9C19EA-E1C9-49B1-8309-B0FBEED42148.jpeg A8026E13-F521-4132-AE25-389EE5D53C86.jpeg

I love buttercups

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple pairs of very similar earrings. Buttercups are kind of my thing.

The stones can be set lower in the prongs! Your jeweller can do this by cutting new seats for the stones. The result is that you’d keep the design but they would sit closer to the earlobe and (In my opinion) that’s the best solution. Your jeweller will charge you a reset fee, but that should not be much, and if you don’t love it, you can always put them in bezels and sell the original settings.

I suspect the design is meant to allow lots of light in and around the stone, and in a ring that makes sense, but in earrings it‘s less than ideal. I hope that helps! Your earrings are truly beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they’re beautiful as they are. But for the posts which can hurt your piercings over time. Otherwise they’re perfect I think. Setting them lower would hide the earrings and not look right. IMO. Good luck. Lovely earrings ❤️

This looks just right imo.

94009AB1-F0B0-4A09-AEEC-7BD965813B33.png

collier

Shiny_Rock
I'm with the crowd that loves them as is! I'd like to see them front on and on the ear.
I'd wear them for awhile and see how you feel. You can always change them later but it is harder to undo a change you make.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous! Make me want to go get my ears pierced so I can join the club!

Seriously though, I wouldn't change them, they are just so perfect as is.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
All right, all right :)! I already brought them in in order to get an offer of what a new setting would cost. When they called, I told them I’d just pick them up again as they are. Thank you all for your advice. It’s the right thing to to. Bezel setting can wait - I’ve seen lovely ones at Jewels by Grace (thank you for the hint!) but they are either sold out or a wee bit out of my price range ;-). I’ll send ear shots when I picked the buttercups up again!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
your earrings are so beautiful! I love everything about them! My only concern is that the threads are so high up, may cause you problems in your piercing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results