shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring and pendant questions

SarasotaLady

Rough_Rock
Hello to all,

This will be my first purchase of colored stones -- planning to use them for pendant and earrings. Here are my questions:

1. For pendant-- I'm planning to re-use a pear shape diamond that I have from a ring, set it so the point is facing up, and place a colored stone-- preferably a tanzanite or sapphire-- on the point. I know sapphires and tans are expensive, but I'm hoping to find well cut but small stones that are affordable. Is that wishful thinking? What vendors can you suggest who are easy to deal with and carry smaller sapphires and tanzanite?

2. I'd like to make a pair of hoop earrings with removable colored stone drops. Definitely want the colored stones to be able to move and reflect light. There are many styles out there but the ones I've tried on are either 1) too small and just sit there, or 2) too large and hang down from leverbacks. Since one of my earlobes is stretched, leverbacks that I've tried on aren't flattering, and studs don't sit well on my lobes either.

So can anyone suggest a setting that works with a small hoop earring but that allows for the drop to move and catch the light.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sarasotalady

Have you visited Cecile Raley Designs. The owner/designer, Yvonne,
is one of our trusted vendors https://www.etsy.com/shop/yvonneraley?no_app_redirect=1 who carries a wide variety of gemstone in smaller sizes that would be candidates for your pendant. She also has a number of styles of dangly earrings. She does a lot of custom work too.

SarasotaLady

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, Sungura, for the referral. I'll definitely follow up with her. Greatly appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

SarasotaLady

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results