shape
carat
color
clarity

Ear surgery (pics, view at your discretion)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Looking great!!!! Hope healing is going well and some nice sparkly diamond studs will have a new home soon!!
3.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 5:42:03 PM
Author: swedish bean

Date: 1/8/2010 5:15:56 PM
Author: upgrade
I hope you heal quickly! I don''t know the back story on this one. What led to this?

Thanks everyone! I think the surgeon did a great job too! Both ears, from start to finish took an hour, including the time it took to numb it up. That''s pretty darn quick!

Here is a BEFORE BEFORE picture to show the size they used to be.

I see... well they look fabulous now! Good thing you had the surgery- it would take awfully huge diamonds to fill those holes!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting these. They're the kind of pictures we don't get to see often.

Please tell what motivated you to get them gauged in the first place? I know it's somewhat of a trend with men but I have not seen it on women. Also how long does it take to stretch them to your most recent size?

It looks like the repair job will turn out very well once they are healed. You'll have nicely shaped lobes.

Date: 1/8/2010 9:49:13 PM
Date: 1/8/2010 5:42:03 PM

Author: swedish bean

Date: 1/8/2010 5:15:56 PM

I hope you heal quickly! I don''t know the back story on this one. What led to this?

Thanks everyone! I think the surgeon did a great job too! Both ears, from start to finish took an hour, including the time it took to numb it up. That''s pretty darn quick!

Here is a BEFORE BEFORE picture to show the size they used to be.

I see... well they look fabulous now! Good thing you had the surgery- it would take awfully huge diamonds to fill those holes!

That''s what I told FI.. that instead of surgery I could just get reaaallly big diamonds
5.gif
2.gif

Date: 1/8/2010 10:28:19 PM
Author: swingirl
Thank you for posting these. They''re the kind of pictures we don''t get to see often.

Please tell what motivated you to get them gauged in the first place? I know it''s somewhat of a trend with men but I have not seen it on women. Also how long does it take to stretch them to your most recent size?

It looks like the repair job will turn out very well once they are healed. You''ll have nicely shaped lobes.

There are so many reasons that I got them, and then took them out, and then repaired them.

Mostly, I did them because I really like them, my ears naturally stretched quickly, and it became almost an addiction. When I first started, I was only going to go to about the size of a pencil. Then a half inch. Then 3/4" and then... an 1". When I first started out, I did not intend to stretch them so big.

A major reason for me taking them out, was because I got a ton of negative attention because of them. Complete strangers would try to touch my ears, or talk about them like I wasn''t even there. I really don''t/ didn''t mind honest questions, but some people were SO RUDE. They started making me very self conscious which is the opposite reason of why I did them. In addition to my ears, I had a few other piercings that I removed at the same time. I used to have my lip done twice, my tongue was stretched too (it did it all by itself, bigger jewelry would just slide right in).. and anyways, several other ones. I started to feel really bad about myself and I didn''t like that. I came to the conclusion that my piercings don''t define who I am, they are just... decoration ;-) if you will. It was easier to take them out then.

I still miss them a bit, but am also glad to be away from the general public that treated me like "open season" since I looked different. It''s really hard to explain. But yes, I took out my plugs and let them sit empty for about 3 years. I did not have the intention of fixing them up right away. I was actually very curious to see how far back they would go.

Last year, I went and tried on a lot of diamond earrings in the back hole that I have. Sure, it did the job, but I hated the way it looked with the saggy ear. And, really, I still got negative attention because of it. At least when I wore plugs or jewelry in the larger holes, it made sense to people why you could see through them, but it seemed to just really confuse people. :)

I got a few quotes and looked up the ear surgery process for about 7 months before I decided it''s something I really wanted to do. There would be no turning back, or stretching them again. I think in October?? or November I found a cosmetic surgeon close by that had done the procedure several times and on even bigger ear lobes than what I had.

I really lucked out because I still have thick ear lobes. Thicker than when I started stretching! When I found out that the price was right, my ears were a good candidate, I knew I really wanted to do the surgery.

I just thought of this, but I once dated a guy that offered to get all of my tattoos removed, pay for ear surgery any pretty much anything else I wanted. I was furious. I was just thinking, who the heck does this guy think he is? I''m the SAME PERSON, with or without tattoos or piercings, but he couldn''t see past that (and, that''s ok, that''s him I guess). When I met FI he didn''t even batt an eye at my ears or tattoos. He really accepted ME. It was great. Such a keeper ;-)

Oh, and one thing.. that totally had me laughing my butt off all of the time- You know how a lot of people with tattoos/ mods (at least that I''ve dealt with) want to be accepted, and whine this whine that? They are also huge hypocrites. A lot of them that I have known/ been around are complete size jerks and unless you have 90% of your body covered in tattoos, or your ears are TWO INCHES BIG. You are sooo not cool enough. Really. It drove me nuts. Here they want to be accepted by "normal" people but won''t even accept that maybe not everyone wants to be completely covered? Ah.
14.gif
I''m ranting now. Obviously, not everyone is like this, but a large portion of the people I knew were like this. It just turned me off from the whole "cause" of "letting me express myself".

So anyways... ha.. I hope I answered some questions!!

I will also try to add a picture next friday when the stitches come out. I don''t expect them to look pretty.. I will need to fade the scars quite a bit!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for telling your story. It''s very interesting--your whole thought process from start to finish.

I know you are going to enjoy wearing some nice studs, and with all you know about diamonds I am sure you are going pick out some winners. Expect a little attention for those!!

By the way, I had a mole removed from my ear and although I couldn''t feel a think the sound was HORRIBLE!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Sb, it looks great!w I''m very excited for you and the studs....can''t wait for theafter pics, please post your progress...and the studs of course!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I hope you heal soon.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s cool. i''m curious to see what it looks like all healed up.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like your surgeon did an awesome job! Can''t wait to see the final pics!

Here is a pic of what it looked like while it was healing...

sbears.jpg

I was trying out my new earrings ;-)

They are still a bit red, and they WILL flatten and the redness will go away.
I can get them re-pierced in about 6-8 weeks I believe.

sbears1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was really interesting reading your story. Thank you for posting it. You are healing really well and it won''t be long till you can get your ears pierced again! I can''t wait to see the end product!

I have 5 tattoos, only three are visible. I hate two of them. I loved them when I first got them but now I am older (almost 39) I am finding that I would rather cover them up than show them off. I feel that people look at me like I am a bit common. Maybe its all in my head! The third visible tattoo I have is in honour of my daughter so that one will stay. The other two will be removed by laser treatment soon. One at a time though, I had one session and it stung like mad! How do you feel about your tattoos now? Do you think you will keep yours or have some removed as you get older?

Here is the one that will stay...(it looks bigger than it does in real life).

madisontattoo.jpg

Date: 2/2/2010 11:29:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 2/2/2010 11:18:30 PM

Your surgeon did a wonderful job!! Good for you!! :) I would wait a little longer just for safety & healing sake. I can juuuuust about see diamond studs there
2.gif

hehe! I know.. I've been actively looking into studs now.

As far as healing goes, I think I am making good progress. I rob them daily, and put different lotions on them that has been making the scar tissue inside the lobe break apart pretty fast. The left ear still has a bit more than the right ear, but I am really pleased with the surgeon and what he was able to do.
9.gif

ETA oops I don't know how I wrote in the quote lol

Date: 2/2/2010 11:31:21 PM
Author: Maisie
It was really interesting reading your story. Thank you for posting it. You are healing really well and it won''t be long till you can get your ears pierced again! I can''t wait to see the end product!

I have 5 tattoos, only three are visible. I hate two of them. I loved them when I first got them but now I am older (almost 39) I am finding that I would rather cover them up than show them off. I feel that people look at me like I am a bit common. Maybe its all in my head! The third visible tattoo I have is in honour of my daughter so that one will stay. The other two will be removed by laser treatment soon. One at a time though, I had one session and it stung like mad! How do you feel about your tattoos now? Do you think you will keep yours or have some removed as you get older?

Here is the one that will stay...(it looks bigger than it does in real life).

I don''t regret my tattoos... just wish I would''ve put them in a better, more hidden place. I got them when I was 19 and it was the area that I put them in that was the shocking part (both behind my ears). I am considering laser removal, but probably not this year. I slightly looked into it, but would''ve had to start pretty much 2 months ago to hopefully get the result I would want before my wedding in October. Oh well. :)

How much did yours lighten up and heal since your first treatment? Did your tattoo have color in it? Mine are 100% black, so I''ve been told they will lighten a little better.

The bad thing about putting tattoos on the neck (and, I was told this prior to the tattoos) is that your neck stretches and twists a lot, so it actually can make the tattoo "bleed" into surrounding skin- which mine did. It had more detail and after about 3 years it looked terrible! My only option was to fill it in, which wasn''t the look I was going for.

Anyway- Yes, I''ve looked into it. I will probably do it, and if or when I get my next tat, it WILL be hidden.

And by the way, I LOVE the font you used for your wrist! Very pretty

5.gif
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My tattoo didn''t fade very much after one treatment. The technician said it should blister a little bit and not to pick the skin. It didn''t blister at all so I think I might needs quite a few treatments to get rid of it. Its not very big, maybe 1.5 inches and its a rose... red and green. I believe its hard to move these colours. You will have faster success with black I think.

Date: 2/2/2010 11:57:04 PM
Author: Maisie
My tattoo didn''t fade very much after one treatment. The technician said it should blister a little bit and not to pick the skin. It didn''t blister at all so I think I might needs quite a few treatments to get rid of it. Its not very big, maybe 1.5 inches and its a rose... red and green. I believe its hard to move these colours. You will have faster success with black I think.

Honestly, when I got the tattoos behind my ears it didn''t hurt, and I wasn''t afraid of it hurting. 5 Years later... I''m
40.gif
kinda scared it''ll hurt to remove them!! lol

Some of the places I researched had clients pay up front for their treatment, so $X amount got you as many treatments as you needed to get rid of the tattoo. Most of the other places you just paid per visit (and it was spendy!)... which are you doing? What area is the tattoo on?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its on my shoulder. I have to pay for each treatment as I have it. It costs £70 which is approx $112 per session. I think it will cost around £700 ($1120) before its gone. The one on my back is bigger. I dread to think how much that will cost, but I can hide that with clothes so I''m not in such a rush.

It''s amazing that it can cost more to remove a tattoo than it is to get it done
4.gif
37.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ears look wonderful -- the surgeon did a great job! It won''t be long now...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
they look great!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ears look wonderful!

I just read your post about the unwelcome attention you got when you had them stretched... when I was 19 I had my lip pierced and I got so much attention from people it was ridiculous! They were just obsessed! Does it hurt? Can you eat? Can I touch it? Ummm... no, yes, and NO! I took it out after only 3 months in large part because I was sick of all the stranges being so titalated by my ring. It was in the middle of my lip and it looks pretty sexy if I do say so myself
4.gif
But good riddance. I am left with a teensy little scar that you can only see if I bite my lower lip to flatten it over my teeth.

I had a tongue stud too and really liked it because no one could see it unless I wanted them too. I took it out when I started grad school but often wish I had kept it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In time, that little bit of redness that''s left will disappear completely. Put a new diamond stud into your lobes and you won''t see any sign of the surgery, and having had my right hole moved, I can tell you that in a year, it will look like anyone else''s lobe. You''ll see maybe a faint dimple in your ear when you''re not wearing earrings, but with earrings on, you''ll have perfect lobes. I think you did a great thing for yourself.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!! Your surgeon did a great job!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did consider having my tattoo redone with another design but I know that eventually I would have wanted it removed. I think its a bit expensive having laser treatment. Just think what I could buy bling wise with $1000
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ear is healing very well. Your surgeon did a terrific job! You must be very pleased. Just don't re-pierce too soon
2.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Wow it looks fanatastic! I can''t believe how well your body is healing already.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results