shape
carat
color
clarity

Ear surgery (pics, view at your discretion)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I have some really nasty pictures, but I'm going to only post these two for now.
I got the surgery yesterday, and it was mostly a breeze. FI said at some point the needle went all of the way in, around my cheek area.
The sound was the worse. I also was forgetting to breathe and I'm pretty sure I was so tense I did like 500 crunches worth ;-) ;-)

I just wanted to post these pics if anyone was curious about what it looks like... if it totally grosses you out, I can have the thread deleted.. just lemme know.

The sewn up picture was about 5 mins after he finished both ears, so it's swollen and still numb there.

And if enough people want to see the really gross picture I have (what they cut out), I'll post that too, but not unless people want to see it :D

earcompare1.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Wow! amazing picture swedish bean!

I hope you heal quickly.

Thanks for the interesting picture I hope for more before and after shots once the stitches come out.

I get stitches out next friday morning, I will post a pic of that too when I can...
21.gif

I know I will have to do a lot of gel/ lotion rubs on my ears for the next few months to help with scar tissue and the color of the scar. Luckily he didn''t need to cut through the bottom of the lobe so that is all still in place.. which = less scarring!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ouch! I hope it heals nicely.

No matter how numb the area, it must be agonizing to go through this. Best of luck. How about a set of diamond studs with pear dangles to comemorate the reconstruction?
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lots of quick Healing dust your way SB! and did you get your earrings yet?

HEHE! Actually, the sooner they heal, the sooner I get to get the re-pierced, which is when I get to order my diamond studs. I am soooo excited! I feel like I can wear normal earrings soon and I no longer have to just long for them. :)

The pain was pretty bad last night trying to sleep, but it''s more of a dull pain now. It''s worth it! The pain won''t last though, which makes this all worth it.

I asked the plastic surgeon when I can get them repierced hoping he''d say less time than he did last time (3 months) .. he said 2-3 months depending on how well they heal and I heard, "2 months, order your diamonds as soon as possible!" Fiance said my face lit up like a kid at christmas...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Looks like he really did a good job. Hope healing goes well (do not rub when it itches).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

It looks great. I hope you heal easily.

I AM fighting the urge to touch my ears/ itch them. When he was doing the surgery I had this insane itch and I had to try so hard not to move. Of course that''s when FI started making funny faces at me and I made him move to where I couldn''t see him (because I started LAUGHING while he was there... the last thing I needed was a to hear "oops" from a guy with a scalpel).

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet you are glad you went for the surgery now! I am sure you will heal well. Just keep your eyes on the goal... some gorgeous sparkly studs
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! If you get jackets for your studs at some point you won''t be able to see any scarring whatsoever I bet! Congrats!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I actually do want to see the after pics. I''m not grossed out by this stuff, it''s interesting. I hope it all works out great for you, and quickly too of course!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad things went well, looks like he did a good job! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, hope you heal really quickly!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I agree, looks like a job well done!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Bean - Healing thoughts your way! As well as dust for some fun earring sin the future
27.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 3:11:48 PM
Author: swedish bean
HEHE! Actually, the sooner they heal, the sooner I get to get the re-pierced, which is when I get to order my diamond studs. I am soooo excited! I feel like I can wear normal earrings soon and I no longer have to just long for them. :)

The pain was pretty bad last night trying to sleep, but it''s more of a dull pain now. It''s worth it! The pain won''t last though, which makes this all worth it.

I asked the plastic surgeon when I can get them repierced hoping he''d say less time than he did last time (3 months) .. he said 2-3 months depending on how well they heal and I heard, ''2 months, order your diamonds as soon as possible!'' Fiance said my face lit up like a kid at christmas...
LOL! Love how you heard his words!

Hope they heal super fast for you and may I recommend bio oil to minimise the scarring, if that''s of any interest. Once the stitches are out and there''s no broken skin, that is. I used it after surgery recently and it did a grand job.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Swedishbean, that looks great! I am so happy for you :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yay SB, I had been wondering if you decided to go through with this! It actually looks really clean and well-done. I hope it heals fast for you so you can get those studs you have always wanted sooner
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it will heal beautifully!

Yay!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I hope you heal quickly; that looks pretty good stitched up right after surgery! How exciting to be getting studs, woo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::I''m sending healing dust your way::

Not sure what a good job looks like, but your ear looks thoroughly stitched up
9.gif
Will you have to re-pierce when you''re healed?

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you heal quickly! I don''t know the back story on this one. What led to this?

Date: 1/8/2010 5:15:56 PM
Author: upgrade
I hope you heal quickly! I don''t know the back story on this one. What led to this?

Thanks everyone! I think the surgeon did a great job too! Both ears, from start to finish took an hour, including the time it took to numb it up. That''s pretty darn quick!

Here is a BEFORE BEFORE picture to show the size they used to be.

o9lxusuj.jpg

yssie, yes I will need to re-pierce them. But I''m ok with that!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you- they already look great only a short while after surgery.

It''s so interesting to see the before w. jewelry, before surgery, and after.

I should show these pictures to my sister, who endless tries to gauge her ears. Thanks for sharing!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 5:42:03 PM
Author: swedish bean

Thanks everyone! I think the surgeon did a great job too! Both ears, from start to finish took an hour, including the time it took to numb it up. That''s pretty darn quick!

Here is a BEFORE BEFORE picture to show the size they used to be.
Let this be a lesson why it''s not a great idea to mutilate your ears
23.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Looks good!!!! Hope they heal lightening fast!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Healing dust for you!!!!! They look good!

Date: 1/8/2010 5:59:16 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Congrats to you- they already look great only a short while after surgery.

It''s so interesting to see the before w. jewelry, before surgery, and after.

I should show these pictures to my sister, who endless tries to gauge her ears. Thanks for sharing!!

Please DO share them :)

I am lucky that I had enough lobe left to fix- some people don''t and actually end up having to just remove what''s left of the lobe because it is so damaged.. etc.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if you had stretched them out. They look *very* good now.

I also went through a phase of bod mod years ago. I had my tonuge and lower lip pierced. But I was always careful to get thigns done that could be easily reversed because I thought one day I would want a normal job. I took the lip ring out pretty soon after doing it because the hole never felt like it healed. It was hard to keep liquids from getting on it and irritating it when I drank. The tongue stud I kept until grad school. I actually wish I had kept it, though, because I liked it. But I would not repierce it. It hurt more than anything I have ever done and that included birthing an 8.5 lb baby!
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results