shape
carat
color
clarity

ear piercing experiences

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I got my ears pierced at a jewelry store when i was 6. i couldn''t wait to have it done. they used the gun and did the first ear and i ran out of that place like a bat out of h*ll. i didn''t know that they used a gun in your ear---iguess i thought they''d just magically appear in my ears.
1.gif
i ran all the way down the block to the corner--but since i wasn''t allowed to cross the street, i just waited crying until someone came for me...lol.
9.gif
i went around with one ear pierced for months and was teased the whole time. (it was the early 80''s and only boys had 1 ear pierced) i was scared it would hurt to take it out. finally when i was sleeping 1 night my mom took it out. i got them re-pierced a few years later.....and then i let my younger sister make 2nd and 3rd holes in my ear...real smart.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom let me get my ears pierced for my 7th birthday. I had it done at the doctors office and they put small gold ball studs in my ears. I had those same earrings for about two years until I got another pair. They healed well and I took care of them. When I was about 15 I decided I wanted a hoop in the cartilidge of my ear and my mom didn''t want me to do it. My grandma took me to the mall and said that she was my mother...my mother was not happy with grandma (her mother), but I was thrilled LOL! I wear a fake diamond stud in that hold now and usually forget to wear earrings in my main holes.

E B

Ideal_Rock
My mom didn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 13. Looking back, I'm glad she made me wait because they can be a pain in the a** and you really have to be mature enough to take care of them. I'm going to make my future daughter(s) wait as well. Maybe not until 13, but no earlier than 10.

Anyway....

We found this place that pierced with a needle, not a gun. I don't remember the name, but it was expensive and a very detailed process. It was worth it, though, because they were perfect and even. Later, I got a second hole in my left ear at a mall store (with a piercing gun) and while it wasn't nearly as even as the needle piercings, it was decent. I took that out quickly, though.

When I was 19, I got my cartilage pierced at a very clean, reputable tattoo parlor. It was a tiny white gold ring. I LOVED it. It fell out one night when I was sleeping, though, and when I put it back in, it became incredibly infected so I took it out for good. I miss it, and think of getting it re-pierced occasionally.

Oh, and they all hurt a little. Nothing major, just a little 'stab'. The pain of the piercing doesn't even come close to the pain of infection, however.
39.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was 12 and in physical therapy after breaking my arm, and the muscles tightened. My mom promised ear-piercing as a reward for getting my arm straight every night for a month, which I did. Dad (a physician) insisted that it was on par with body mutilation practiced by tribesmen
20.gif
and would have nothing to do with it!

I kind of wish she had told me to wait until age 18--I probably would never have done it!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
My dad pierced my ears with a suturing needle when I was 5- he marked the holes with a ballpoint pen and I had thread hoops til they healed then I wore the tiniest 9kt gold hoops for the longest time. My mom let me get a 2nd hole when I was 16 (though it''s been a while since I''ve worn anything in that hole)- I used to wear a tiny pearl stud with a microscopic diamond in the first hole and a tiny diamond stud in the 2nd. Of course I didn''t know anything about diamonds then
2.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Dad really wanted his 3 daughters'' ears pierced when we were little, but Mum was dead against it, saying it was wrong for Dad or herself to decide on ear piercings for us, as it was a form of mutilation that only the recipient had the right to decide upon and ask for. I kind of agree, but on the other hand, I would have preferred to have my ears pierced without having the whole ordeal of butterflies on the way to the jewelers and feeling rough afterwards and then having to care for them, so having them done as a baby would have suited me. Mum said she would only allow it when we girls were old enough to ask for pierced ears ourselves. The time came and Mum took me and my younger sister to the jewelers and had it done. I felt quite faint when we came out of the shop and for a while I had to sit down, as I literally couldn''t see (stars in front of my eyes comes to mind). Anyway, I got over that. In my teens I wanted a second set of holes, but I decided to do it myself with a sterilized needle and ice cubes. The worst part was hearing the needle pop through the back of the earlobe, yuk! However, I haven''t used the second set of holes for what must be 10 years as I generally wear just a pair of hoops or studs.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 1:20:04 AM
Author: musey
I was 12 and in physical therapy after breaking my arm, and the muscles tightened. My mom promised ear-piercing as a reward for getting my arm straight every night for a month, which I did. Dad (a physician) insisted that it was on par with body mutilation practiced by tribesmen
20.gif

I kind of wish she had told me to wait until age 18--I probably would never have done it!
bahaha my dad called it "barbaric" and said it was akin to putting a bone through your nose or a ring through it like cattle...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My mom decided I needed earrings when I was 5. (I can''t believe it now, but I was a figure skater & I think she thought earrings would look good with my costumes--whatever). She took me to the mall (Lloyd Center----haha Cehra) and had it done. It burned, but my holes turned out fine. I remember my ears burning the rest of the day, and it took me YEARS before I got the hang of taking care of them. They were always infected, etc. I mean, really, a 5 year old?

I did my second hole in my right ear myself, when I was 14, with a needle -- but didn''t know about the cork behind the ear, so it slopes down towards the back. My friend & I sterilized the needles with flame & rubbing alcohol, so it never got infected, & I put in a gold earring. The slope doesn''t seem to affect how an earring looks, so its ok.

When I was 20 I decided I wanted to even out my other ear, so a girlfriend & I went to the mall & each got our "odd second hole" done. Piece of cake, much like my first time, healed up easy.

Then I got my belly button pierced when I was 25 down on Belmont Avenue in Portland. It was this hardcore goth/tattoo/piercing joint, and I''m sure I was way too preppy to even be in there. LOL. But they were nice & the girl was awesome, didn''t even feel it. I opted for a 14kt gold ring ( I wore yg at the time) and it only got infected once about a month after I got it pierced. I was living in a floating home (single, good job, 25, my own floating home on the river, ahh what a good time) on the Columbia River & decided on hot afternoon to jump off my deck and go for a swim. Ummm...bad idea. Damn polluted river got me. Ew.... that was nasty. But daily washings with Dial antibacterial & fresh cut aloe vera did the trick.

My belly ring kept falling out around my 30th bday. Finally when I was 31, I was in yoga class, in downward dog & heard a small "plop". I looked down & my belly ring was on my mat. At that point I figured the universe was trying to tell me that I was too "unhip" and "old" (lol) to have a belly ring. I put it away & haven''t thought about it since.
28.gif

Jeannine aka divergrrl

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 4:58:38 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 3/4/2007 12:59:50 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 3/4/2007 12:39:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Had my ears first pierced when I was 10. There is nothing memorable about the experience.

Decided I wanted a third whole (2 on one side 1 on the other) when I was 13. I sterilized a needle using the stove, iced my ear to numb it and pushed the needle through. I eventually let that hole close. It wasn''t at all painful, I just stopped wearing earrings so much.

When I was 21 I had my nose pierced. I really wanted it done, my dad was furious, my mom paid for it. I went by myself to a tatoo shop, it was totally painless. I wore a small stainless steel stud for about 2 years. I had to take it out when I finished college and went to work in the real world.

Wow, I would have never guessed that about you for some reason.

Also, Sundial; that is funny about the tampon. I would have been soooo scared
32.gif

I went to the mall and I think I was maybe 8; I got an infection a few weeks after it my ear peircing. I just remember the noise and it hurting. Thank goodness I never have to do it again. The noise part stuck with me for some reason
6.gif
Yeah, for some reason, that surprised me too. Not sure why though.
19.gif

Anyway, I got my ears pierced when I was 12 but the experience wasn''t too memorable. I do remember that I wasn''t allowed to get it done before then though. I wanted my second holes done a few years later but I ended up waiting until college. Part of me wanted to get a third on one ear, at the top of my ear but I''ve always been too chicken.
That''s totally understandable. You wouldn''t guess it about me if you met me now, or then actually, except that I did. I am very mellow and fairly conservative in appearance, but I have a tiny bit of a wild itch that needs to be scratched on occassion. That was one of those times!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 10:46:50 AM

Had my ears first pierced when I was 10. There is nothing memorable about the experience.

Decided I wanted a third whole (2 on one side 1 on the other) when I was 13. I sterilized a needle using the stove, iced my ear to numb it and pushed the needle through. I eventually let that hole close. It wasn''t at all painful, I just stopped wearing earrings so much.

When I was 21 I had my nose pierced. I really wanted it done, my dad was furious, my mom paid for it. I went by myself to a tatoo shop, it was totally painless. I wore a small stainless steel stud for about 2 years. I had to take it out when I finished college and went to work in the real world.

32.gif

I went to the mall and I think I was maybe 8; I got an infection a few weeks after it my ear peircing. I just remember the noise and it hurting. Thank goodness I never have to do it again. The noise part stuck with me for some reason
6.gif
19.gif

Anyway, I got my ears pierced when I was 12 but the experience wasn''t too memorable. I do remember that I wasn''t allowed to get it done before then though. I wanted my second holes done a few years later but I ended up waiting until college. Part of me wanted to get a third on one ear, at the top of my ear but I''ve always been too chicken.
That''s totally understandable. You wouldn''t guess it about me if you met me now, or then actually, except that I did. I am very mellow and fairly conservative in appearance, but I have a tiny bit of a wild itch that needs to be scratched on occassion. That was one of those times!
2.gif
I know you remind me of a classic movie star type and then to read that. LOL.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 10:30:29 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 3/5/2007 1:20:04 AM
Author: musey
20.gif

bahaha my dad called it ''barbaric'' and said it was akin to putting a bone through your nose or a ring through it like cattle...
Haha, Cehra, my dad feels the same way!

Funny ear-piercing story. Well, not the piercing itself -- which was fine. Done in a mall at 12 years old, I think -- but the aftermath. Here goes: my Mom wanted to make sure that the holes wouldn''t get infected (I think I actually got pierced earlier at 6 or so and that DID get infected so this was round 2), so she had me standing in the kitchen one night, and she did the twirling and cleaning with alcohol for me and then she said, "Oh look, it''s bleeding" and showed me the cotton ball with a speck of blood on it. Next thing I know I''m lying on the ground, looking up to my Mom and older brother standing over me, with my Mom screaming, "OHMYGOD, she passed out!!" And not only did I pass out, but in my fall, I managed to get caught up in two phone cords (ahh, the olden days of phones on the wall!! We had a grown-up line and a kid''s line both on the same wall) AND hit my head on the refrigerator!! A thing of grace, aren''t I?
4.gif

Then at 18, a BF and I decided to go get our ears pierced together: me a second hole in one ear, him a single hole in his left ear (b/c "left is right, right is wrong," doncha know?) -- and we got a pair of yin-yang earrings and split them (OMG, I can''t believe I''m even writing this!)! How romantic, eh? Ah well, it was the 80s, what can I say?
25.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:28:02 AM

Date: 3/5/2007 10:46:50 AM

32.gif

6.gif
19.gif

2.gif
I know you remind me of a classic movie star type and then to read that. LOL.
Classic movie star type? My head just got 10 times bigger! Thanks so much!!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes!
6.gif
I was 16 (somewhere aroung 1970) and it was before piercing guns - I went to the family doctor, and he pierced my ears with a hypodermic needle! I had bought cheapie faux pearl stud earrings to put in, and my ears would not heal! They were red, swollen, itchy, and weapy. My mom and I finally figured out I was allergic to the cheap metal, and got some yellow gold stud earrings and they healed pretty quick.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really remember the 1st time I got my ears pierced.. My mum told me when I was 3 or 4, she took me to the mall to get my ears pierced. But it got infected so she had it removed for me.. When I was about 6, I wanted my ears pierced again.. This time my dad was against it because he didnt want my ears infected again, but my mum and I still went to get it pierced.. We went to a mall on Orchard Road in Singapore and my mum got me those 14k yellow gold balls studs for my 1st pair. They used the gun and it painless.. It got infected again, my dad was mad at my mum and wanted me to remove the earrings but I was determine to keep them to I applied the antibacteria lotion everyday and it finally healed..

At 14, I wanted those 2nd and 5th earhole on my right ear, so my mum and I went to the same store to have it done.. I got those same 14k balls studs but in white gold this time because yellow gold was no longer in fashion.. A day later, my princple made me remove my 2nd earrings because it was not allowed in school.. When I got home, I told my mum and my mum was pissed.. so we went back to the shop and bought a new pair of earrings for me because she didnt want my new ear holes to close up.. The next day, I covered my earrings wit my hair so I got away with it.. I think the removing of my earrings got my ears infected again but once again I used the antibacteria lotions everyday and it finally healled..

At 15, I wasn't happy with my 5th ear hole, I had always wanted a higher one done.. so once again my mum and I went to the same store to get my 7th ear hole done.. This time I got a nice aquamarine stud in yellow gold.. Boy, I happy.. I loved it.. This time, this ear hole didnt get infected..

At 23, I decided I wanted to get my belly button pierced.. This time I dragged my brother because I don't think my mum would approve.. I had it done on San Carlos St. at San Jose in a tatto parlor.. From outside, it looks really ghetto, but I was suprised how clean it was inside.. I picked out a simple cz diamond for my belly button.. I always tot that piercing was done with a gun and boy was I shocked when the guy took out a needle.. As he pierced the needle through.. I helded my breath.. It wasnt that painful.. When I went home, I realized that he put in the wrong belly bar in.. So I returned the next day to have it changed.. When he changed the belly bar, I wanted to scream.. It was like someone piercing a open wound.. Omg, IT HURTS soo bad.. but I didnt say a word.. I just held it all in..
39.gif

Surprisingly, my belly button didn't get infected.. I still have my 1st my belly button stud, but I am currently using a cute purple glass heart, checkbox cut belly bar.. I love it.. I no longer wear earrings any of my higher earholes but I always check once in a while to make sure they dun close up.. I love all my piercing..
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results