shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring wear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a 24/7''er. But, I do take them off to paint...and to clean them!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine 24/7 also, except when cleaning it! FI''s aunt said to me when we first got engaged - her jeweler told her the chances of damaging the setting from wear is so low vs the chances of a lost ring!! And I have to agree - I would definitely misplace my ering if I took it on/off all the time, easier to just leave it where I can find it - on my hand!!!
9.gif

Although, this might have to change w/my eternity wband, when I lift weights...

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, I barely wear mine! I know, bad bad bad, after all I went through to get them! My tacori''s are not really practical for my lifestyle after all, but I still wuv em!!!

well, I cannot stand to sleep or shower with any jewelry on. once in a great while i forget to take off my pendant and sleep/shower in it. but never rings. i dont cook or clean in them either.

I wear a plain WG band to work. I dont wear jewelry around the house because like it''s been mentioned I do too much that I would worry about dirtying them up and banging them.

i wear my WG band to shop, work out and tomorrow i am traveling so I will wear it then.

So I guess only when I go out, i wear my set. Boy, DH is starting to be mad when he realizes what he spent for that set and I wear my $46 Ebay gold band most of the time!
37.gif

Dis

Rough_Rock
I''m very bad. I wear mine 24/7. It goes in the dishpan, in the garden, and yes, I''ve loaded it with paint when I was primering my house. It''s been on my hand for a good 23 years. it''s a 50''s vintage with a largish stone very sturdy setting. I did take it in a few years ago for the ''100,000 mile overhaul'' because I had worn the prongs down. The jeweler said there was still plenty of prong, but with what I do with my hands I told him I would feel better if they were built back up again.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I take mine off at bedtime, only because my fingers swell in the night and make it uncomfortable to wear. I don''t put it back on until after I''ve moisturised after my morning shower, before going to work. I always leave it at home before I go and play squash (too much chance of it getting knocked on a wall). Take it off when doing general housework although if I''m just washing wine glasses in a few soap suds, I leave it on as it really sparkles afterwards. At weekends I don''t generally put it on unless I''m going out. I definitely don''t wear it if I''m going down the local town (here in Saudi) to barter for goods - they double their prices if they see a nice sparkler on your finger!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If theres a chance I will either have to grab metal or could touch metal, my rings are off.

KateV.V.

Rough_Rock
I''m about to get engaged and have also thought about when to take off my ring. I am bad about losing jewelry. However I do wear an heirloom necklace every single day and since the chain is strong and not likely to break, I plan to put my e-ring on my necklace when I need to have my hands free. If its on my necklace, I can be comforted in knowing its nearby and safe.
30.gif

On the other hand...
My mother and father have been married for 34 years and she has taken her rings off three times; once for resizing, once for a long vacation in China, and once when pregnant (they didn''t fit anymore).
She has never even had it professionally cleaned, which, of course, seems strange to most people, I''m sure. Different strokes for different folks!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I took mine off and handed it to a traveling remount ring man aka clown boy to remount it...he flubbed it...and is is still off because I can''t decide on my new mounting...AHHHHH,
39.gif
I know it is sad.

Hey, my added question to this post is...does the metal type of your ring have anything to do with your removing it? I realize some of you have the delicate settings and some may have pave...but is the type of metal the only other reason it is not on always?

Another time for GOLD metal not to be worn is while in a chlorine based pool. It is supposed to attack the gold by erosion and in time will become brittle and shatter...?? So I assume wearing jewelry while using bleach is a no no too. Is glove wearing a suffcient option for your cleaning chores?

DKS

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Not a dumb question at all. When I first got mine, I figured I''d be like my Mom and wear it all the time. It is a part of her finger. She cooks, sleeps, bathes etc... with it. Until I cleaned it for her after I got mine, it probably hadn''t been cleaned in decades. The first night I wore mine, it was very uncomfortable, and after wearing it a week, and friends were due to see it the first time, it was filthy. I stopped at a jewelry store to clean it, and the lady said not to wear it to bed, shower, etc... It depends on the person, and also could depend on the type of ring, but for me, I take it off at bedtime, and don''t put it on again until after I shower and put lotion on (and/or panty hose !). I don''t wear it gardening, used to take it off to wash dishes, although usually I leave it on now, but almost always wear it when I go out.

When travelling, I generally never take it off. (e.g. if I''m in a hotel room, I just wear it to bed, shower, etc... so there''s no risk of losing it.)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{When travelling, I generally never take it off. }}}}

I should have said, ''when away from home''. That is where I agree with others, that it''s not worth the risk of losing it. (I figure it I ''lose'' it at home, which isn''t likely since I put it on a ring stand, I can find it again, which isn''t true of a hotel room or public rest room.) Long ago my sister took her high school ring off in a public bathroom to wash her hands, and simply forgot to put it back on again. It''s one thing to lose a school ring, but I certainly don''t want to forget & lose my diamond!!!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly wear mine less an average Pricescoper. I take it off to clean, cook, sleep, shower. Since I got married, I often just take it off when i get home and wear the wedding band alone. I also didn''t take it to my honeymoon (Brazil) so we wouldn''t have to worry about getting mugged or having it stolen.

koko

Shiny_Rock
I had read about jewelry care in a book that said your jewelry is the last thing you should put on before leaving the house & the first thing you take off when you come home....I''ve pretty much always followed that advise.....
34.gif

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Question for those who take off their ring for sleeping, showering, cooking, working out, etc....did your husbands and husbands-to-be give you a hard time about that? I''m trying to decide what type of setting and center stone I''d like. My mother never wears her ring, and my mother-in-law to be has only taken her ring off on rare occasions. I generally take off all my jewelry when I get home because I don''t want to damage it. My BF, on the other hand, is from the school of thought that once the ring is on, it is on. He also doesn''t believe in upgrades either, so I would like to pick a timeless style that can withstand daily wear for the next 50 years! How did you convince your man that sometimes the ring just needs to come off and be someplace safe?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 9:46:42 PM
Author: AlyceC
Question for those who take off their ring for sleeping, showering, cooking, working out, etc....did your husbands and husbands-to-be give you a hard time about that?

No...My DH never gave me a hassle. My original e-ring had sharp edges on it and sometimes I''d accidentally scratch him, so he was fine with my not sleeping with my ring on. As for wearing it in the shower, he always preferred I didn''t for fear that the diamond would pop out and end up down the drain. So after 10 years of marriage, it still doesn''t bother him one way or another. I think it would bother him if I didn''t wear my rings now at least outside of the home, especially since purchasing my upgrade.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 10:42:55 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 10/27/2005 10:40:43 AM

Author: ecf8503

Date: 10/27/2005 10:38:24 AM

Author: njc

I take my rings off:

- when i sleep

- when i shower

- when i wash dishes

- when cleaning

- when gardening

- when painting

- when putting on lotion

- when playing sports or at the gym

Ditto above!
2.gif

What about when vetting, I can''t imagine getting pevidine/ iodine scrub on your blingage!! Of course you would have to take it off anyway to do surgery, imagine leaving it inside some poor dog or cat!
6.gif
Bring on the xrays quick!

He he -

I take my rings off when I scrub for surgery (my watch band is thin enough that I loop it through my rings and latch it so none of them get lost). I usually take them off when doing "other tasks" at work that require gloves (the inside of the gloves has powder) - nothing more attractive than blingage with powder!
3.gif

Oh - and when playing with Play-Doh with my 2 year old!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results