shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring wear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I know this is going to sound *so* dumb, but I have to ask anyway. When are you supposed to take your engagement ring off? I wouldn't suppose you'd wear it in the shower, but do you wear it to bed? When you're playing with your dog? Are there other situations I'm forgetting? I'm moderately active and would probably wear it 24/7 without knowing better.

I've never had a diamond (or a fancy piece of jewelry, really) so I have no idea, but I'll be getting my engagement ring soon. The proposal should be any time now, and I need pointers!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t wear mine to sleep in for the first month b/c it was uncomfortable (sits up kind of high) but DF looked kind of sad so I stopped taking it off and now it doesn''t bother me (I am used to it), I do always take it off in the shower because it is a tad large and my fingers get smaller when I am cold and I dont want it to fall off, plus worry about soap, wacking it on the shower door, that kind of stuff, but besides that I wear it 24/7. I know some women take theirs off when they cook, clean, garden, play sports, workout, that sort of thing. I think just do what you feel comfortable with.
1.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I wear my rings almost all the time. I only take them off when lifting weights. I wear them while showering, sleeping, whatever. Unless you''re doing hard manual labor or you have very delicate rings (e.g. intricate pave or the like), I can''t imagine what could happen during daily (or nightly) wear.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you asked that question, as i was about to. My FI asked me when do I take it off, expecting me not to wear it to bed, but I do. I dont wear it in the shower as the pave might pull on my hair and that could be a mess. I also dont wear it work out. I suppose i could for cardio, but i got a special little bag to put it in at the gym, as i dont want anything to happen to it.

I would love to hear what other people do.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the quick responses!

It's good to hear you ladies wear your rings almost 24/7, because I would probably lose mine if I had to take it off several times a day. It has pave running down the band (like a half eternity) so I'll be careful not to wear it in the shower, but will probably keep it on for (most) anything else.

vsylvia

Rough_Rock
i wear my ering pretty much all the time. i wear it to sleep and in the shower and usually when i do the dishes too. i was worried that it might slip off in the shower but i''m more paranoid that i''ll take it off and forget about it or knock it off a table and break it. i usually take it off everyday when i clean it and then do a good hand cream application before i put it on for the day. i''m trying not to be such a hand cream addict cause it mucks up my ring, hehe. the weird thing is that i could never wear rings before my ering! they always drove me crazy, so uncomfortable. me and my guy joked about an engagement necklace or something. but my ring has never bugged me! i think cause it''s sooo pretty
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 12:12:38 AM
Author:EBree
Hi!

I know this is going to sound *so* dumb, but I have to ask anyway. When are you supposed to take your engagement ring off? I wouldn''t suppose you''d wear it in the shower, but do you wear it to bed? When you''re playing with your dog? Are there other situations I''m forgetting? I''m moderately active and would probably wear it 24/7 without knowing better.

I''ve never had a diamond (or a fancy piece of jewelry, really) so I have no idea, but I''ll be getting my engagement ring soon. The proposal should be any time now, and I need pointers!
if you''re having an affair?.
31.gif
11.gif
41.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are so very very bad, DF!
2.gif
31.gif
1.gif

peace, movie zombie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine all the time except in the shower and I work outside with the horses most of the time
6.gif
I don''t know how much proof there is to this, I was reading a diamond vendor was saying you shouldn''t wear your diamond to bed as the turning over and force that can put on the ring if you get it caught up can weaken it
33.gif
34.gif
as many pounds of pressure can be put on the ring. I suppose it is easy to catch a prong, I think this has happened to Ame in the past. I think you will find that you can safely wear it most of the time, you develop a subconscious awareness of your ring which makes you automatically careful with your left hand. IMO it is safer to wear it all the time than to keep taking it off, that is when they can get mislaid or lost
6.gif
My advice is to relax and enjoy your ring, get it insured then you are good to go!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I wear my rings all the time, except for sleeping and showering....the night I got engaged, wore my e-ring to sleep, and apparently, I tend to sleep on my stomach with my hands below my face--I looked like I got into a cat fight, no joke...

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I take mine of in the shower, when washing hands, when doing dishes, anything with soap really because it cakes on my ring and makes my diamond look bad. If I was gardening or something I would also take it off. Also, when lifting heavy things because it can bend the ring.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I take my rings off:
- when i sleep
- when i shower
- when i wash dishes
- when cleaning
- when gardening
- when painting
- when putting on lotion
- sometimes when i come home from work
- when playing sports or at the gym, but *ONLY* if i can leave them at home

I have friends that NEVER take them off and they think im crazy! To each his own...
9.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 10:38:24 AM
Author: njc
I take my rings off:

- when i sleep

- when i shower

- when i wash dishes

- when cleaning

- when gardening

- when painting

- when putting on lotion

- when playing sports or at the gym

Ditto above!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 10:40:43 AM
Author: ecf8503

I take my rings off:

- when i sleep

- when i shower

- when i wash dishes

- when cleaning

- when gardening

- when painting

- when putting on lotion

Ditto above!
2.gif
What about when vetting, I can''t imagine getting pevidine/ iodine scrub on your blingage!! Of course you would have to take it off anyway to do surgery, imagine leaving it inside some poor dog or cat!
6.gif
Bring on the xrays quick!

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 10:42:55 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 10/27/2005 10:40:43 AM

Author: ecf8503

I take my rings off:

- when i sleep

- when i shower

- when i wash dishes

- when cleaning

- when gardening

- when painting

- when putting on lotion

Ditto above!
2.gif

What about when vetting, I can''t imagine getting pevidine/ iodine scrub on your blingage!! Of course you would have to take it off anyway to do surgery, imagine leaving it inside some poor dog or cat!
6.gif
Bring on the xrays quick!

Same here. I wear them to work but take it off and lock it in my desk
when I am lifting anything where I could scratch it. I take it off when washing my hands...everything.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Because my engagement ring sits up high and has 6 prongs, I don't wear it to work. I work in healtlhcare and I have to wear latex gloves all day. My ring would tear a hole in them. I don't feel secure bringing it to my office. Our dental assistant takes her rings off and places them in a bag she keeps next to her purse in a cabinet. She puts them on at lunch and then removes them again when she returns. That's too much for me to keep track of and I'm more comfortable leaving my ring at home in my jewelry box. I only wear my 7 stone wedding band when I work. When I'm home I wear both rings but take them off to shower or when I'm cleaning. I wear them to bed only when I've forgotten to take them off, by the time I realize it I'm too lazy to get up and remove them. I made the mistake of laying them on my nightstand only to have one of my kittens bat it off the table and behind my bed.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t wear my rings when I''m at home -- too much bother to take them off every time I do something that will get them dirty or possibly damage them.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 11:43:07 AM
Author: Matata
I don''t wear my rings when I''m at home -- too much bother to take them off every time I do something that will get them dirty or possibly damage them.
I 2nd that...!! I take mine off as soon as i get home. I even take mine off when I wash my hands at work. I try to keep them as dry as possible. Why...? I don''t know.... (hahaha) I guess I just don''t like wet rings feeling~!! Every 7 - 10 days... I''d take them off and give''em a good bath.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear them at home either. As soon as I get home I put them on a ring holder. That way they are safe, Lol.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine all the time except

sleeping
showering
messy cooking..
sometimes cleaning..
and if I lift weights at the gym (otherwise they are on)

And I have ALL pave all the way around on 3 sides...

:)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear mine in the shower, when cleaning, at the stables, or when sleeping (most of the time).
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I take mine off every night before I go to bed and they don''t go back on until I am leaving the house the next day. So if I don''t leave the house the next day at all, chances are they won''t go on that day. I''ll also take them off if I''m house cleaning or gardening.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I''m the same way!

I take my rings off:
- when i sleep
- when i shower
- when i wash dishes
- when cleaning
- when gardening
- when painting
- when putting on lotion
- when i come home from work

I usually don''t wear them on weekends unless I go out of the house. I love them but I just do so many crafts, gardening etc.. I don''t want to ruin them.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I only take mine off when I shower and put lotion on.. I sleep with it on, work with it on.. everything. I''m pretty naked without it!

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine 24/7 except:

To clean it
If I''m doing messy cooking (eg kneading bread dough)

Enjoy it, and IF it wears out, then you can get a new one
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I NEVER sleep in mine, I never shower in mine. It''s generally in the ring box most of the time....same for my good wedding band. I wear eitehr a plain band or a titanium band or my promise band. Im insane is why

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 5:19:44 PM
Author: ame
I NEVER sleep in mine, I never shower in mine. It''s generally in the ring box most of the time....same for my good wedding band. I wear eitehr a plain band or a titanium band or my promise band. Im insane is why

ame...you''re going to have the newest looking rings for your 25th wedding anniversary!!! LOL

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. Heh I get them polished pretty often too. Because I cant have any scratchin!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I had my solitaire and channel set wedding band, I wore them 24/7 with the exception of messy cooking, and going to the gym. Now that I have shared prong rings with very thin shanks, I don''t wear them when messy cooking, going to the gym, sleeping, showering, cleaning, etc.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 1:26:43 PM
Author: kaleigh
I don''t wear them at home either. As soon as I get home I put them on a ring holder. That way they are safe, Lol.
I am the same- it''s rarely on my finger at home unless I am studying and feeling bored and want to look at my ring
9.gif
no shower, no cleaning, no lotion, no working out...

so far I have been wearing my ring under my gloves in the lab and they don''t rip, but I wear nitrile rather than latex and they are stronger.

I had no idea people wear their rings to bed though! I feel like it would get lost in my bed... and fall on the floor, and my dog would probably eat it
3.gif
can''t take that risk!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results