shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Update, and Earrings Advice/Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polakse

Rough_Rock
Thought I''d give an update on my engagement ring quest (my previous post, for reference)...

I found the perfect setting at a local jeweler, but it seemed over-priced and I could not find the same setting (or a matching product id) online, to compare pricing. After some great suggestions, I was pointed towards Pearlman''s Jewelers, http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com. They had the exact ring I was looking for, and Bill Pearlman was extremely helpful, straightforward, and not pushy. I was so impressed with his customer service that I had Bill find/order me the center diamond too. His prices for both the ring and the diamond are outstanding! The setting is being made right now, and if all goes well, I should have the completed ring in time for the holidays (and my planned proposal date!).

If anyone is interested, here''s the setting:
1RD1972DR_default.jpg

And here are the diamond specs:
Round Brilliant
6.80 x 6.85 x 4.21
1.2 ct.
AGS Ideal 0
G
VS2
Flour: Negligible

Now, onto my earring question... I''d like to give my GF a pair of diamond stud earrings for Christmas, but I''d like to keep the cost around (or below) $500. For that price, it seems like I''m looking at some .25 ctw studs. My concern is the size of those diamonds. Does anybody have any pictures or experience with .25 ctw diamond stud earrings? How big/small do they look? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the gorgeous ring. I purchased my stone from pearlmans and agree their customer services is just wonderful.

as for the earrings, I have .50 ctw and they are a really great size for everyday. Since you've already worked with bill, have you seen his Whisper's collection.
here's a pair of studs starting at $480 and they come with:

Lifetime upgrade (which is great if you ever want to trade them for larger ones)
40 day return period
Lifetime buyback
Free first year insurance
Free shipping and handling
Natural & conflict-free Diamonds
Laboratory certified
Free appraisal

04WW23.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a bezel set pair which I like because the bezel will make the diamonds look bigger..

02WW23.jpg

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:33:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
...Since you''ve already worked with bill, have you seen his Whisper''s collection...

Yes, as a matter of fact, those are the exact earrings I''m looking at
1.gif
(except in the .25 ctw)

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:35:57 PM
Here''s a bezel set pair which I like because the bezel will make the diamonds look bigger..

That''s an interesting idea. Do the bezel settings inhibit the performance of the diamonds at all? Or do they allow sufficient light through?

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:39:18 PM
Author: polakse
Date: 12/7/2006 4:35:57 PM

Here's a bezel set pair which I like because the bezel will make the diamonds look bigger..

That's an interesting idea. Do the bezel settings inhibit the performance of the diamonds at all? Or do they allow sufficient light through?

Thanks!

light is reflected from the top so the bezel isn't going to affect the sparkle of the stone. I honestly think since you're looking at the .25 size, I'd do the bezel because it will make them look larger, the eye will follow the bezel and not the stone. then if you upgrade down the line you can change to prong set if she wants to but I love, love bezel set earrings. they hug the ear so nicely and can easily be dressed up or down.

polakse

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:45:20 PM

light is reflected from the top so the bezel isn''t going to affect the sparkle of the stone. I honestly think since you''re looking at the .25 size, I''d do the bezel because it will make them look larger, the eye will follow the bezel and not the stone. then if you upgrade down the line you can change to prong set if she wants to but I love, love bezel set earrings. they hug the ear so nicely and can easily be dressed up or down.

done. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you got great advice and have already decided...but I wanted to say I love the bezels on little studs! I think it would be nice to keep those even if you did buy her larger ones later! Your ring setting is beautiful, too! You''re doing very well in the jewelry dept., I''d say!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choices Polaske!!! Now that you''re hooked up with Bill that lady of yours is in for a CHARMED bling-life!!!
9.gif

I was just lusting for bezel-set studs like that YESTERDAY & looked up Wallermama''s old thread on her "peretti" style .30tcw studs from thediamond.com. Her pix REALLY show how the bezel "plumps up" the look.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I had no idea Pearlmans sold a similar style ... good to know ''cause one day, one fine fine day I will take the ear-piercing plunge ... about a month before I order up some .25 or .30tcw studs.
18.gif
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have nothing to add here except that I think you''ve picked out some very lovely jewelry that I''m sure you''ll gf will love! Please come back and post some pictures when she says yes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results