shape
carat
color
clarity

E ring sapphire search DONE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Well I finalized things with Jeff this morning and the search is over. I dont have a photo yet, but the Simon G setting will be the new home of a 7mm light blue round sapphire in Jeff''s double pavillion cut. Hopefully the setting and stone will arrive about the same time. She hangs out on here so you wont get a pic until after the deed is done, but not only will it be pretty-it is something we made just for us and just as we wanted it!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hey, you are talking about Jeff White right? Just out of curiosity, how were your dealings with him? How did you decide on a cut - did he send you pictures of different cuts he can do and you chose? How long did it take for you to pick the stone and him to cut it and all?

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Oh! and it sounds like you ordered the setting separately also, so are you having a jeweler set the stone?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh yay! Can''t wait. Love my Jeff White sapphire!!!! And he is so nice.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Here are your answers- I took my Fiancee to all of the high end jewelry stores here and helped her look at all the different settings. Once she had decided on the Simon G setting her part was done. She had already made it clear she wanted Sapphire, so I bought the setting and started my stone search as detailed in earlier posts. I ended up with Jeff White after tiring of looking on the web at poorly native cut sapphires priced all over the map. The setting requires a round shape so that part was easy. He had a piece of rough that cvlosely matched my desired color characteristics so that was done. Then Jeff discussed several different cut options and made his recommendation as to what he thought would most please her based on the properties she likes in a stone. I dont know how long it will take to cut but he is saying about 2 or 3 weeks, and that is about when the setting will arrive from CA. As far as how Jeff is to deal with, I cannot think of a superlative adequate to describe the experience! I was pretty fearful of being taken advantage of etc, but the PS''ers were 100% correct- he is VERY easygoing and genuinely wants to help you! As far as setting the stone I am undecided, I may have it done at the jeweler I purchased the stone from, or I may send it to Jeff if he does that- I have not asked him yet.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 5:14:23 PM
Author: neatfreak
Ohhhh yay! Can''t wait. Love my Jeff White sapphire!!!! And he is so nice.

HOW VERY EXCITING FOR YOU!

(I love my JW sapphire too!)

LS

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Cannot figure out how to edit but what I meant to type was " I may have the jeweler I purchased the setting from do it"

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Another Jeff White! I am very much partial to him. I can''t wait to see the finished product. When are you giving it to your lovely lady?

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
MonkeyPie I''m not sure. The ring probably wont be finished with stone in place, and back in my hands until mid- late October. Maybe Thanksgiving, but I am not sure about mixing a holiday and a proposal! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results