shape
carat
color
clarity

E Ring proportions and design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I love being married and haved loved wearing my rings for over a year. Now that all the wedding hoopla has passed, I have a little more time to focus on fine tuning the rings.

Sometimes I feel like my E ring was made with baguettes that are a bit too long. From a design standpoint, does anyone share my feelings?

With the stone being a nice size 2.75 ct, does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of wedding band I should wear with it? Because I couldn''d decide, my husband got me a plain platinum band, which you see in the photo.

More in next post...

jo 1.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wow Jo! That is some amazing rock. I hate to say it, but I do think that the baguettes are a little too long for your finger. If you had larger hands it would be fine...I think the design is outstanding, but just maybe replace the baguettes. My friend has almost the identical ring and her band is just three baguetttes....one flat in the middle and one on each side to match the ones in the e-ring. It's not too flashy and adds just the right about of sparkle without detracting from the ring. Hey...you gotta give a gal some specs on that beauty!!!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jo-
I agree with MMM. I am a fan of three stone rings with little pears on the sides for a round center stone. I have seen them with trillions as well, but I tend to like the soft curvilinear shape of pears ha! "paired" with a round. If you decide to redo the ring , and you really like the baguettes, I agree that they should be somewhat shorter so that your fingers aren't so pushed out away from each other.
Uh, your rock is beautiful!!! What size ring do you wear?
Luv

Edited to add, that when I've had rings made, I specified that I wanted the metal and diamonds to flow downward to be in line with the natural curvature of my finger. As I was shopping for wedding rings that had diamonds in them (like a 7 stone ring) I noticed that the layout on many of the rings appeared to be straight across and not curved downward. This caused a big gap between my fingers...there will always be some type of outward pushing, but it doesn't have to be extreme if the shank and diamond layout is done right.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results