shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring Pics and Story!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

delsol

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking on this site for the past 8 months (mainly in ladies in waiting), and never have I seen more beautiful rings or more supportive, helpful people!
1.gif

I can''t wait to share my E-ring with you! Feel free to skip ahead to the pictures, but I''ll post the story here as well

Our story:
I''ve known J since about third grade. He''s always lived just a block away from my family, and since his family had the best pool in the neighborhood, my girlfriends and I would spend our summer days swimming there. Little did I know, we would end up dating! Its been almost 3 years now! We are planning to be married in September 2009.

The proposal:
I had left Thursday to spend the last 4 days of my spring break presenting at a math conference in Utah.About 10 months ago we had picked up a cheap foreclosed house in our neighborhood. It was gutted and needed a ton of renovations, but we didn''t have time to work on it since we were both busy with school and work. We were planning on renting it out eventually to make some extra cash
3.gif

As soon as I left for Utah, J and 6 of his friends started frantically working on the house. He wanted to redo the whole thing to surprise me on Sunday.. I''m talking cabinets, flooring, counter tops, appliances, painting, drywall, new doors.. everything!
The whole time I had no idea! I was just told that he was working on cars.. not staying up till 4 am finishing the house for me.
Fast forward to Sunday, he picks me up at the airport and tells me he sanded the walls and patched the floor a little bit, so I suggested that we stop and see it (following his plan perfectly!)
When I walked through the door with him, I was totally surprised! The house was gorgeous, and I had no idea this had been going on!
After letting me wander around, exclaiming over every little detail, he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him and live in this house with him! Best proposal ever. It was so meaningful and so us, and now every time I cook in our kitchen I will get to remember the night he proposed there!
So.. (I''ll try to put up a before and after picture later)
But now for the ring!

The Ring:
The only criteria I had given was that I wanted a round cut diamond and a delicate setting. J decided to go custom and wanted to have his neighbor Vic Joyner make my ring. Vic holds a few patents on the molding process for jewelry. He uses a "light cured" plastic (?) to make the mold so that it can be made more accurately and so tiny details can be molded right in in one piece, not welded in later. (He also made the life sized whale replica that hangs in the Shedd aquarium in Chicago
21.gif
)
From Vic and J''s first meeting, to picking up the finished ring only took 6 days!!

The ring is one of a kind, platinum, size 6 1/4 -- about 3/4 size too big since J didn''t know my size and we never went ring shopping.

The diamond is GIA certified
0.73 carats
J
VS1
Excellent cut, symmetry, polish

And If you made it through my novel you deserve some pictures!

IMG_1219-2.jpg

delsol

Rough_Rock
Can''t wait to take a picture of it in the sun! It sparkles like crazy!

IMG_1191-2.jpg

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
wow, what a wonderful proposal and ring. congratulations! i''d love to see more photos.
1.gif

delsol

Rough_Rock
21.gif

IMG_1211-1.jpg

delsol

Rough_Rock
Trying to catch some side detail!
Thanks for looking!

IMG_1251-1.jpg

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
O wow! The proposal story gave me shivers (so amazing, what he did for you!) and your ring is beautiful!!!! Many many congrats!
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that proposal story was beyond awesome....you''ve got yourself a great man (and a fab ring)!!! Congrats!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING proposal and gorgeous ring - CONGRATULATIONS
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations delsol - how wonderful!

that''s a lovely story and a really precious memory.

and your ring, of course, is beautiful. i love the delicate design.

something to keep a lifetime. :)

best wishes.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations what a lovely story!!!! So you''re at a math conference in Utah? I live here and there''s also a chemistry conference going on all week.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring - congrats on your engagement!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, what a great proposal! Your fiance is such a sweet and thoughtful man! The ring is fantastic--so lovely and delicate. Best wishes to you!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and beautiful proposal.
Congratulations!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, and I just love your proposal story...that is wonderful that he did all of that for you! What a great memory!
Congratulations to you both!!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Your proposal was perhaps the most romantic thing ever. That is a wonderful, wonderful story.

(And the ring ain''t half bad either!
9.gif
)

Salix

Rough_Rock
Wow! The side profile of your ring is amazing! I''d LOVE to see more pictures.

What a wonderful story!

P.S Where are the PS mandated handshots?
31.gif

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
delsol, that is such a sweet story and your ring is just GORGEOUS!
30.gif
Congratulations!

delsol

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind replies!
1.gif
1.gif

I didn''t expect to have so many responses so soon!

9.gif

I just wanted to thank you all! I''ve learned so much from everyone here, and I''ve gotten so much enjoyment out of looking at all of your beautiful rings!
I will try to post another picture or two (including a hand shot
21.gif
) when we finally get some sun

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a wonderful man, wonderful proposal and beautiful ring! Congratulations!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love your proposal! Definitely sounds like you have a keeper
9.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a beautiful ring and proposal! I love how delicate it is.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

You''ve got two keepers, the ring and more importantly, the guy! What an awesome proposal!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! Love it!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
awww what a sweet story and a beautiful ring - congrats :D

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Super pretty ring! Congrats on your engagement!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I teared up reading about that proposal. That is so sweet!
Congratulations! Your ring is lovely.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
your story was so great! Your ring is beautiful! Congrats! Love the stone and setting combo!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. I love the profile. Congratulations to both of you on your engagement
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a great story and what a beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Lovely ring and adorable story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results