shape
carat
color
clarity

e-ring help what do u think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nigestar

Rough_Rock
Hi all

about to propose. wondered what you guys & gals think of this ring

J1DS02B10P.jpeg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting? I like it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! Is this a picture of your actual ring?

nigestar

Rough_Rock
sorry yeah i meant the setting. was worried its too modern and will date but i havent seen much like it. side profile gives nice view of the diamond. its actually a debeers setting just come out

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty, not too modern. IMHO. I like the sleek lines of it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I like it if your girlfriend likes more modern jewelry. I prefer a little more classic look for myself. But I do like this thin band with the bezel...it is different from the usual wider bands.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful and classy setting never goes out of style and in my opinion that one fits the bill.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like it a lot. It''s different.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. But as a major clutz I would worry about the security of the diamond. I''m sure it''s more protected then looks, tho.
1.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Very sleek!! Would love to see a side shot!!

What sort of wedding band do you think your fiancee will go for?

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I love this setting. However, I agree completely with Diamondseeker. I prefer things a little more traditional. But this ring is gorgeous. It is a nice compromise between traditional and contemporary. However it really depends on what your girlfriend likes. If she really likes traditional or antique type settings - she may not be happy with it. If she likes things a bit on the modern side I think she would absolutely love it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/unusual-e-ring-need-advice-please.39650/

Take a look at this post. This is a much more extreme case as this ring is very unusual, and not at all femininie, but I would just make sure that you are in the ballpark with your girlfriend''s taste.

Best of Luck!

nigestar

Rough_Rock
thx all

she is kind of modern 30 yr old but myself am torn between trad or something more contemporary

this is an alternative bezel in platinum - slighlty less uptodate.

123.jpeg

nigestar

Rough_Rock
my more traditional choice in platinum is 2nd left a slight twist so not completely trad but shows off diamond very well
this is so hard for us guys doing it as a surprise!

engaging_ring2.jpeg

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have very nice taste & I like the setting you have picked out, as well as the more traditional settings. But since I''m not your GF, my opinion doesn''t count for much. Have you done any kind of ring shopping with her or had any conversations about what she would like in an e-ring? Does she have family or friends you can ask? Does she have favorite jewelry that you can use as a guide?

Since you want to surprise her (my husband did too, and I think that is VERY sweet), I would either pick a beautiful diamond and put it in a temp setting so the two of you can pick out a setting together after she says yes OR buy something that can be returned/exchanged. Good luck with the proposal!

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Hey there!
I love love love that setting... but I could be a bit biased (see my avatar). I was going to go with something like this (with small bars holding the stone) but ended up going with my longer bar setting. This setting shows off the center stone a lot nicer than mine does.

This setting reminds me a bit of a Ritani setting that another PSer has.

Good luck with everything!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2006 10:08:49 AM
Author: LuvThatBling
You have very nice taste & I like the setting you have picked out, as well as the more traditional settings. But since I''m not your GF, my opinion doesn''t count for much. Have you done any kind of ring shopping with her or had any conversations about what she would like in an e-ring? Does she have family or friends you can ask? Does she have favorite jewelry that you can use as a guide?

Since you want to surprise her (my husband did too, and I think that is VERY sweet), I would either pick a beautiful diamond and put it in a temp setting so the two of you can pick out a setting together after she says yes OR buy something that can be returned/exchanged. Good luck with the proposal!
See, the message several of us are trying to nicely convey is that it really doesn''t matter what anyone likes except your girlfriend. We understand that you may like some things that she does not. But she is the one who will wear the ring hopefully for the rest of her life. So if you are not certain exactly what SHE really loves, then I''d follow LuvThatBling''s advice and get a plain inexpensive setting to propose and then go shopping together for her to pick out her dream setting. We have seen too many heartbroken girls on here who were very disappointed with a ring the boyfriend liked but the girl did not.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree completely. I wouldn''t buy anything unless your girlfriend has indicated that is what she likes. If you do end up purchasing a setting, I would make sure it is returnable in case your girlfriend doesn''t like it.

nigestar

Rough_Rock
Wise words & very helpful all round. I''ll make sure it is returnable. some of these stories of girls with rings they don''t like say it all!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 12:31:26 AM
Author: Wren
Very pretty. But as a major clutz I would worry about the security of the diamond. I''m sure it''s more protected then looks, tho.
1.gif
I agree. It is beautiful in the photograph but I would want to make sure the diamond is really, really well secured.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 9:39:25 AM
Author: nigestar
my more traditional choice in platinum is 2nd left a slight twist so not completely trad but shows off diamond very well
this is so hard for us guys doing it as a surprise!
Where are these rings from? I just love them all! A website name please!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful but does seem like tempting fate with that much girdle exposed on each side. Perhaps a bigger semibezel or the twisted 4 prong you showed would be a better choice. Still, I think a temp setting would be the best option unless you know exactly what she wants!!!

nigestar

Rough_Rock
being a newbie to this world, i always thought diamonds were well ''solid as a rock'' ie unbreakable. do you all mean it isn''t secure or more likely to get damaged??

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2006 8:23:01 PM
Author: nigestar
being a newbie to this world, i always thought diamonds were well 'solid as a rock' ie unbreakable. do you all mean it isn't secure or more likely to get damaged??

Yes, diamonds can be damaged. Depending on girdle thickness it can be relatively easy to chip or damage a diamond that is exposed. Which is why you might not necessarily want a Vthin girdle with a more exposed setting like the half bezel.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Why not propose to her with the diamond, and go setting shopping yourselves? It would be fun to pick one out together (OK, fun for her at least, but isn't that what this is all about?) and you could be SURE to pick something she would like.

Everyone I know was stunned at the e-ring setting I chose, they thought I'd pick something super modern and abstract... but instead it's a super-gaudy art deco reproduction. Maybe your girlfriend might surprise you with her choice, too. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results