shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring from bloomingdales???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajh8834

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! although I have been getting SO much from everyone here, this is my first post...

Has anyone bought an e-ring from bloomingdales? Or heard of any reviews?? Thy have a crazy sale going on, but the only thing that they know is the color-- H to I. No clarity or cut. But it''s unbelievably cheap and I fell in love with the setting! I wish I can post the ring pix here, but I couldn''t take a picture. Ugh!!
20.gif
20.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ajh8834,

Your post reminds me of this other post , I wonder if the situation is similar.

Also, clarity makes a Huge Huge difference to diamond price, so I find their lack of knowledge alarming.

If your try to describe the setting, we can do our best to help you find one like it.

Cheers,
HD

boredstiff

Shiny_Rock
I've purchased jewelry from Bloomingdale's before for my g/f. The first time I bought a heart pendant for her that still sparkles like crazy. The next time I bought her diamond earrings, but they were like pieces of coal. I returned them and ended up buying from Jamesallen.com and felt much better about much purchase. Got H&A diamonds at a higher carat and color!

Both times I bought during Bloomie's 50% off sale. They have these several times a year. Don't let that affect your decision b/c buying something from a PS vendor probably costs less than the sale price and you get better quality. Stick to the small fashion pieces if you buy from Bloomingdale's but don't get an e-ring there.

EDIT: When I returned the earrings, the saleslady had the gall to tell me that "those diamonds are of poor quality, why don't you look at these for 2x the price" This was the day after she said the earrings she sold me were almost top quality.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Can you ask to see the cert? It must have a cert, right?

Or, be sure to bring in your loupe...see if you can see any red flags in terms of clarity.

Or, if you really like the setting, ask who makes it...then you can go out on your own and probably get a better diamond in the setting you want!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:14:56 AM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Can you ask to see the cert? It must have a cert, right?

Very very doubtful that it has a cert. Personally I wouldn''t buy from bloomingdales for a ring as important as an engagement ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm, when I worked in a jewelry dept store, we carried solitaires that included an IGI cert, however those solitaire were never "on sale" but it sounds like this is a "premounted" diamond ring? sure there are people out there that buy an egagement ring from a department store all the time, but if you really want to get the best quality cut diamond you can afford, I would recommend going elsewhere, where their speciality is "diamonds"

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:22:03 AM
Author:ajh8834
But it''s unbelievably cheap and I fell in love with the setting! I wish I can post the ring pix here, but I couldn''t take a picture. Ugh!!
20.gif
20.gif
"unbelievably cheap" sums up what you can expect quality wise from that diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you viewed the diamond outside of store lighting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 11:51:16 AM
Author: D&T
hmm, when I worked in a jewelry dept store, we carried solitaires that included an IGI cert, however those solitaire were never ''on sale'' but it sounds like this is a ''premounted'' diamond ring? sure there are people out there that buy an egagement ring from a department store all the time, but if you really want to get the best quality cut diamond you can afford, I would recommend going elsewhere, where their speciality is ''diamonds''
Ditto, especially if this ring''s centre diamond doesn''t have a reliable grading report.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:22:03 AM
Author:ajh8834
Hi everyone! although I have been getting SO much from everyone here, this is my first post...

Has anyone bought an e-ring from bloomingdales? Or heard of any reviews?? Thy have a crazy sale going on, but the only thing that they know is the color-- H to I. No clarity or cut. But it''s unbelievably cheap and I fell in love with the setting! I wish I can post the ring pix here, but I couldn''t take a picture. Ugh!!
20.gif
20.gif
Focus more on what she''s like and less on that it''s ''unbelievably cheap'', you''ll save more $ buying ring right the first time around than having to buy her an ''upgrade'' later...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results