shape
carat
color
clarity

BaileyBanksBiddle Liquidiation E-Ring - Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threebaubles

Rough_Rock
With Baily Banks & Biddle liquidating several of their stores, I found a three stone platinum ring that was (over)priced at $10,800 and is now 40% off at $6480. All 3 stones are H/SI, the center stone being 1 carat and the side stones being .5 each. I used the 10x scope and didn't see any inclusions at all, but I'm wondering, is this a deal when the original price was so inflated? Also...how much am I sacrificing with an H color instead of a G?

Thanks for any help...

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
hmmm... i read somewhere, i think the article was top 20 diamond scams.. and they said DEFF stay away from any place that has a huge sale like "50% OFF!!". let me see if i can find that article and link it for you. But to tell the true value, prices scope members are going to want to see the specifications of the diamond FROM THE certification (hopefully GIA or AGS)

threebaubles

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much...that helps!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the sale. On SOME of their stuff, there are some good deals to be had. Some of their settings were reasonable IF you haggled and haggled (and they dide haggle) and definitely some of their straight gold jewelery. A few of their gemstone items (not all). But the hard core diamond stuff was all inflated, then 'reduced'... there weren't any genuine deals to be had on that stuff at all.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I asked last time I was in there when they were closing for good, and I think she said Septemnber.
So, maybe there will be some deals then.
I did not see any bargains. The only thing they said that might be a bargain is that Ritani is never reduced fifty percent. So, if someone wanted Ritani, they might find a good buy. I think it would be a matter of calling individual stores. The website is not friendly.

tlroza

Rough_Rock
There are some deals to be had. We bought my Scott Kay setting there. I should go back if they are closing for good in September and see what the price is for the matching eternity band.

BeachBum83

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2009 9:58:32 AM
Author: tap02150
hmmm... i read somewhere, i think the article was top 20 diamond scams.. and they said DEFF stay away from any place that has a huge sale like ''50% OFF!!''. let me see if i can find that article and link it for you. But to tell the true value, prices scope members are going to want to see the specifications of the diamond FROM THE certification (hopefully GIA or AGS)

Actually, IMO, that rule really only applies to stores who are constantly having sales. BB&B is a fairly small chain (~60 stores nationwide) and they are in fact closing a few of their locations, hence the "liquidation." There may be some good deals to be had in there as they usually carry some fairly nice stuff (Scott Kay, Tacori, etc) from what I can remember. With that being said, just b/c a store is having a sale doesn''t mean you should steer clear. Just be an informed consumer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results