shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring for active lifestyle??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Hi - this is my very first post - so glad I found this forum! I have been looking for pictures of rings that do not have a raised center stone...yet are not the traditional eternity band. I would like something a bit wider that has a scattering of diamonds, or perhaps a platinum band that has diamonds along the borders...I am very active outdoors and do a lot of rock climbing - so don''t want a center stone that sticks up and would like a wider band - but not completely covered in diamonds...

does anyone have a ring like this, or know of designs I could look at? Thanks!

Oh - and I don''t care if the pic is white,yellow,silver, whatever, just to get some ideas...thank you!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh how about the Tiffany etoile line?

Here''s one...

12259433_xl_1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another etoile line ring. They have a whole bunch, and other places beside''s Tiff''s sells similar things. But the basic ones actually aren''t THAT expensive especially when you''re comparing to a traditional ering. The one I posted above is only $1900 even from Tiffany''s.

Hope that helps!!!

engagement_etoile_solitaire222.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the tiffany etoile rings
30.gif

waterlily, you''d probably be better off with a ring that''s bezel set or semi-bezel set like the tiffany ring. they are set very low and the stones are protected.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You may want to rethink where you will be wearing your diamonds. I''d recommend against wearing them out rock climbing, camping, gardening, etc. Please consider a plain metal wedding band for those activities. In any case, the style should only have diamonds on the top of the ring, since the back takes a beating when you grab things. I had my 1.5 ct diamond ring set very low in a semi-bezel setting, and that helps with the active lifestyle, but I found that I still could not wear it everywhere like I thought I was going to be able to. Now, I do wear my sapphire and diamond cross pendant just about everywhere, so I get in my bling!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I am thinking that...at first I''ll be good about taking it off during outdoor activities...but after a few years will probably get lazy about taking it off, so am thinking long term about what will stand up to ''the elements''!

Thanks for the pics, I''ll definitely take a peek at the website and see if anything catches my eye!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
If you like the Tiffany band above, you may be interested in this one.

http://www.elizabetajewelry.com/Details.asp?ProdID=139&category=7

I''m not sure about the company so make sure to do your homework. I am not as familar with the different sites, and their reputations, as so many PSers are. I''m sure if you have questions you could post on here.

Funny, I read your post, then looked at another post that had the link to this site and just happened to see this ring.

Good luck with your search!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love the bezel or semi bezel. I also find it looks great with big OR small diamonds. Whiteflash and Blue Nile both make nice versions.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Waterlily,

This sounds like it might work:

Half-Round Bezel

The stone does stick up, but not much. The entire ring looks very sturdy and like something that would hold up quite well.

ETA: I'm sure a scattering of diamonds could be burnished into the band, too.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I also do a lot of outdoor activities and plan on just leaving my e-ring at home. I figure once you get into the habit of taking it off and putting it in the jewelery box before heading out, it will be part of the routine, same as when I take off my glasses and put on contacts before I hit the trail or river or rock.

That Tiffany bezel set does look like a good option, if you want diamonds but don''t want it sitting too high.

But, again taking off rings before climbing is the BEST option. Because even with a plain band or small diamonds you are bound to have the rock stractch it up pretty bad . . . plus the chalk you use on your hands will get under any diamond that is bezel set and might cause further problems.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Checkout Cross jewelers, they have a good selection of outdoor rings.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock

Part of me thinks though, that if I have to continuously take off my E-ring to do the things that are a big part of my life…well, that probably is not the ring for me. You know?

Why would I get a ring that does not fit with my lifestyle? I don’t want to marry a man I can’t enjoy my life with, and don’t want a symbol of our love that needs to be left behind when we do the things we most enjoy together.

Sure, I drool over a big diamond just as much as anyone, and am very, very fortunate to have the option of having that - but I want a ring that I can enjoy all the time and not be stressed about.

I think I’m going to opt for a simple engagement band, and if I decide a big diamond ring is something I really want (it is my birthstone after all) I can wear one on another finger - but I am going to have an engagement ring that stays put where it belongs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results