shape
carat
color
clarity

E-bay: Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bougt diamonds, engagement rings, settings off e-bay? Do you feel there are any that are reputable? There seems to be a lot of antique engagement settings that are really pretty, but I''m not sure about buying one off e-bay. I''ve purchased other things, but not jewelry. Your thoughts?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
If you do a quick search there should be a few threads about this. One PSer got a wonderful antique setting for a RHR and was very pleased, but there are also a LOT of unscrupulous sellers and a lot more horror stories!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t bought any finished pieces of jewelry from Ebay but I have purchased 3 gemstones from there. One was a blue sapphire and the other 2 were a pink and red spinel. I find with Ebay you just have to know what you are looking for and what the going rate for it is. For example, I found a pink sapphire and diamond ring on Ebay for $150 dollars-- it was a cute ring but I found the exact SAME ring on Overstock.com on sale for $99. I have looked at some of the settings on Ebay but didn''t find that the prices were a whole lot better than some of the merchants here on PS. I would consider taking the plunge ONLY if the seller:

1. Had a very high positive feedback that is public. I NEVER buy from someone who leaves their feedback private. I also really read feedback comments--not just negative but positive and neutral as well.
2. Was a power seller with an Ebay store or was a private seller who could offer some proof that the item is accurately represented such as a sales receipt or an appraisal.
3. Offered a return period if dissatisfied for any reason.

I''ll try to find the link, but we had a PS member who purchased an antique sapphire and diamond setting for her blue sapphire and the ring is absolutely gorgeous. She practically stole it from the Ebay seller.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Pearcrazy, we are sharing a brain--I WAS talking about Lauren''s ring....and was about to post the link myself!!
emwink.gif

10sne1

Rough_Rock
Hello. I''ve actually bought several semi-mounts from some e-bay sellers and have been pleased. My best experience was with a company by the name of theterraglace. I bought a semi-mount with 3.15 cts of real diamonds for only $1,500. The ring is huge!!! and Beautiful!!!

They don''t have many items out there now, but they are excellent to work with overall.

Another good source is LuckyHHHJewelry. Just a couple of thoughts.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you decide to go ebay, let us know how it works out!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a first time EBay jewelery purchaser, we were quite skeptical that my ring would be anything more than something pulled out of a cracker-jack box. Don''t expect the diamonds to be ideal cut, because some of the diamonds in my pave were kind of dull and lifeless - once replaced by my jeweler though, it sparkled like crazy. We lucked out, but I don''t know that I''d make any serious diamond purchases from anyone on Ebay other than Facets, and I''ve heard great things about diamondsbylauren.

The bottom line is that an eductaed buyer is a smart buyer . . . so do your homework on the company, and then on the product. You should never feel forced to make a purchase, and unfortunately due to the nature of the beast, Ebay auctions require urgency.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have bought a few rings off Ebay, but not diamonds. No problems with any of them.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
We got my original e-ring from user 5th avenue jewels on ebay and it was beautiftl. The diamond was ideal cut and they have a real store in NYC. I emailed a lot to make sure before we purchased. there was nothing wrong with the ring, it was just too thin for me so I set it with my birthstone and its now my RHR.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results