Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Dwntwn Jewelry/Diamond Districts any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GQjordy

Rough_Rock
I've heard a lot of negative things about shopping in the downtown jewelry/diamond districts in regards to being dishonest and the scams that they pull. Despite its negative image, would it be wise to shop there if I found a vendor that was honest...If their GIA, AGS, EGL, etc. diamon(s) checked out ok? I mean isn't a certified diamond a certified diamond?

I'm thinking about shopping around in the LA area diamond/jewelry districts and just wanted some imput upon doing so.

zvago

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/10/2002 11:39:43 AM

I've heard a lot of negative things about shopping in the downtown jewelry/diamond districts in regards to being dishonest and the scams that they pull. Despite its negative image, would it be wise to shop there if I found a vendor that was honest...If their GIA, AGS, EGL, etc. diamon(s) checked out ok? I mean isn't a certified diamond a certified diamond?

I'm thinking about shopping around in the LA area diamond/jewelry districts and just wanted some imput upon doing so.
----------------

My son is looking to purhase a diamon on 47th st New York Diamond district He isa onlu looking at GIA Diamonds. Is he safe this way? Any pointers?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Zvago,----------------
My son is looking to purhase a diamon on 47th st New York Diamond district He isa onlu looking at GIA Diamonds. Is he safe this way? Any pointers?
----------------
GIA grading report is not a guarantee of diamond quality or price.

One should educate him/herself, compare prices for similar diamonds from different sources, and get an independent professional opinion to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.