shape
carat
color
clarity

DW: After-party etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Calling any DW gals, or those ''in the know''!

After we return from our Italy DW, my mom is throwing us a cocktail party for family and friends who did not attend the actual wedding.

What is the etiquette for the bride''s ''dress''? Can I wear my wedding dress again? or is that wrong because the wedding is over and done?

Thanks!

PS. my dress will be more of a pink champagne sheathy-lacy number, if that makes ANY difference. LOL.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hi mela: we are having a DW as well, followed by a post-wedding reception a few months later. I plan to wear my wedding dress to both. Not sure if that is the correct etiquette, but it''s what I wanted to do. Sounds like your wedding dress is of the style where it could serve well at both events.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks one drop. that''s what I wanted to hear....but I don''t want to find out later that (really) it''s inappropriate.

I agree, we should do whatever we want...but I''d love to know the ''custom'' before I make up my stubborn mind ;-)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
The beauty of getting married nowadays is that you can really do what you want. Of course there is etiquette to follow, but with the concept of getting married changing from day to day it seems, it''s pretty much anything goes. This of course can be good or bad, but as far as this issue I think you can do what you want.

BTW - your dress sounds gorgeous!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The custom is to not wear it again, but I don''t think anyone would care/mind.

repartee

Rough_Rock
I think you should be able to wear it again. I''m doing something similar - I''m having a small destination wedding in my fiance''s home state and then my mom is throwing a second reception about two weeks later where I grew up. I''m planning on wearing the same dress if only to amortize the cost over more events haha! Plus I love it. I may just wear it around the house.

Grace

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
we are having a DW and if we have an AHR and I have decided not to trash my dress for pictures, I would definitely wear it again, most DW brides having AHRs do wear their dress again, everyone wants to see you in it!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I wore my sheath wedding dress twice. He wore his wedding suit. I wore the same jewellery and had the same hairstyle as well. Most of our family wasn't able to attend the wedding and this was a way of making them feel as though they had. We even had a first dance (which we didn't have at the actual wedding), cake cutting, and a toast by Father of the Bride, my Best Bride's Man, and the Groom. It was basically the wedding without the annoying ceremony
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
my cousin was sealed in temple and they had a party for all of us non-temple-worthy folk after a week I think (honeymoon) and she wore her dress again. This was about 18 years ago so maybe things have changed? We had a reception 3 days after we married and I wore a very nice white outfit that was a little more dressy than the shorts and t-shirt I wore when we married LOL It was still shorts, but it looked like a skirt because it was full (hard to explain) and a fitted jacket that matched. LIke a shorts suit LOL Anyway.... I''d wear a white dress but maybe more of a summery or cocktail dress... depending on what you wore to the wedding. If you wore a big skirtted dress that had a train I wouldn''t wear that again unless you WANT to then by all means go for it! I''d stick with something more managable if you don''t really want to - besides, you have no idea if your dress will even survive the evening! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 1:37:54 PM
Author: JulieN
The custom is to not wear it again, but I don''t think anyone would care/mind.
not to mention most of them wouldn''t even *know* LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results