shape
carat
color
clarity

dvatche vs. lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

targa

Rough_Rock
the dvatche Comfort fit X Prong seems to be very similar to the tiffany lucida setting- does anyone know if they are identical or does the tiffany have longer and thicker prongs?
thanks

cali

Rough_Rock
in comparing the x-prong i have on my finger to the picture that comes up on the nytimes.com website add it seems the lucida is almost identical, but the diamond sits a tiny bit higher so the open spaces to the left and right of the diamond (if you look at the ring from the side) are a little taller and skinnier on the lucida than on the x-prong. the prongs themself seem to have similar thicknesses. i prefer the lower setting on the x-prong.

i think there was some rumor (or perhaps fact) that dvatche makes the tiffany settings but maybe someone else can provide a more concrete answer.

targa

Rough_Rock
cali,
with the lower setting do you have any trouble with the open spaces under the diamond accumulating debris- basically does the setting get very dirty very quick? Do you find the ring comfortable, my fiance is a dentist and i am worried that the setting may tend to get caught on things or be uncomfortable?

anyone else know if the dvatche is the lucida?
thanks

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Targa- check out this old thread:
link

targa

Rough_Rock
thanks sevens one!

cali

Rough_Rock
hello again,

i think the low setting is MUCH better for avoiding problems with the ring, it doesnt get in the way of things as much. i also work with my hands (experimental physicsit) and i''ve never had a problem (although i do have to cover it with some fabric when i''m working with the lasers so i dont blind myself with reflections).

cali

Rough_Rock
(physicist, apparently i''m also an experimental speller :)

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2005 2:37:53 PM
Author: targa
cali,
with the lower setting do you have any trouble with the open spaces under the diamond accumulating debris- basically does the setting get very dirty very quick? Do you find the ring comfortable, my fiance is a dentist and i am worried that the setting may tend to get caught on things or be uncomfortable?
I would think that despite being a dentist that there wouldn''t be a tendency for the setting to hook more than normal as she probably would be wearing gloves during most of her work day? I recall reading of a med doctor who had a lower setting not being worried about it at all since the gloves would have protected her ring most of the time during her work day.

Although I do not have an x prong, I have had my ring set both higher and lower. I must say I prefer the lower setting, not only for the look I get wearing it together with the band, but it''s not sticking up so high and prone to my clumsy whacks during the course of the day.

targa

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone,
was about to get the x prong today, went to the jeweler and saw a judy evans design. split band with pave around the the solitaire setting--very beautiful. may have to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results