shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust Request For My Kitty Please

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted last week asking for food recommendations for my kitty Charles because he'd been having stomach issues. We took him to the vet last week and she examined him and said everything seemed fine. However, he's still having stomach issues and seems skinnier than usual, so my husband is taking him back to the vet this afternoon.

I'm really worried about him and would appreciate all the PS dust you can spare. He's the sweetest cat in the world and my husband and I love him so much.

Here's a pic of him laying on the bed-his favorite activity.

charlesadrfsadf.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST, DUST, DUST..hope he feels better and gains a little weight soon!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that...hoping he gets better soon!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
kitty dust!!!!! from me and both my kitties!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Dust, dust, dust.....

I hope you find out what is going on, and that it is very easily fixable.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
~~~DUST~~~

I really hope your kitty is ok. BTW, he is a GORGEOUS boy!

Just a thought, but by any chance are you feeding him any canned foods that contain the ingredient carrageenan?

Recently I noticed on Catinfo.org, Dr. Lisa Pierson recommends that cat owners not feed canned foods with carrageenan if their cats are prone to stomach issues (vomiting, diarrhea, etc). This is what she writes:

One ingredient that has caught my attention lately is carrageenan. If one does a PubMed search of carrageenan, they will find many references to "carrageenan-induced inflammation" which is very disturbing in light of how common IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is in cats. Please see this link to an interesting study showing carrageenan to be an inflammatory mediator in human intestinal cells.

Unfortunately, ~80% of the commercial canned products contain carrageenan. If your cat has chronic diarrhea or vomiting, I suggest trying to find a food without this ingredient listed.
http://catinfo.org/?link=cannedfoods

As a preventative measure for my own cats, I've been trying to come up with a list of canned foods without carrageenan. Despite spending hours searching, so far that list of foods is very, very small.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh he is so gorgeous...

Sending him lots of DUST

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Must give dusts to kitty!! hope everything is fine~~

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the vet figures out what's wrong with Charles soon! He's beautiful, by the way.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you to everyone for the dust. Unfortunately no good news to share. He's lost more weight since the last vet visit. :blackeye: The vet drew blood and are going to wait for the results before doing anything else. We'll get the results tomorrow and go from there.

I really wish we would have pushed for more tests last week, but it was the first time he'd been visibly sick and he was acting fine at home and even at the vet's office-rubbing on them, flopping for pets, etc. Their routine physical exam didn't turn anything up at the time.

He wasn't dehydrated and is still acting like himself for the most part, so I'm trying to be hopeful. All the dust and prayers you can offer is greatly appreciated.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh lots of DUST for Charles!!!

And a big ::hug:: to you, too - I hope the vet finds out what's wrong quickly, so you can stop worrying!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust for your precious kitty. And dust for you too. Fingers and toes crossed, that everything is ok. I have found that adding acidophilus to my kitties' food can ease stomach issues. Not sure if you've tried that yet, but if not, could be worth a shot. I get the refrigerated capsules (for people) and sprinkle it on their wet food.

Please keep us updated.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sending tons of dust to you and your kitty! I hope that the blood work turns out well, that there's a simple solution, and that he starts feeling better very soon!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Hias his thyroid been checked? Being Hyperthyroid makes them throw up and lose weight. My cat ws diagnosed last year (she is almost 14) and has been on meds ever since - no more barfing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for your kitty...hopefully the blood test will turn up something minor.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. I'm hoping it's a simple fix like the hyperthyroidism you mentioned, Scorpianne. I have a tendency to jump to doom and gloom automatically, but he wasn't dehydrated and is acting just slightly under the weather, so I'm trying to stay positive.

Thank you all again...I knew my fellow PS animal lovers would understand. I'll keep you all posted.

madiamondgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi there.. I came across your post and wanted to send you best wishes. When are fur-babies aren't feeling well, it's never an easy thing to deal with. I hope that the vet gives you good news that it's something that is easily treatable.

sending lots of happy kitty dust!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Dust for Charles!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you lots of dust for Charles!
I hope you get good news and it's something curable or treatable...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
MUCHOS DUST.

(We are actually going through something eerily similar with one of our cats. Lots of tests but no verdict. Right now we have him on boiled chicken in a desperate attempt to stop the massive weight loss. Though it is not ideal/balanced. Anything else, he throws up or has super loose poop. Still trying to figure out something else. So GOOD LUCK. Hope you have an easier time w/it or get some encouraging news soon.)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
**********DUST***********************

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
DUST

I hope kitty gets better!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to mention that there is an alternative to the pills for hyperthyroidism as gving the lills daily or twice daily can be a nightmare (it got to the point where I'd almost be in tears). It is a methimazole gel pen that puts the medication in their ear - happy kitty, happy kitty mum! My cat has done way better on this than the pills with her T4 levels dropping and gaining weight - it makes me think she was spitting out the pills more often than I thought she was!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you tons of dust. I hope everything turns out okay. Such a good looking kitty.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Poor kitty - mucho dust, and I hope you get a diagnosis (and a course of treatment!) ASAP.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Sending Dust & Love.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you all a big hug and a huge amount of magical PS dust! Hope you get some good news soon!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1312508075|2984488 said:
MUCHOS DUST.

(We are actually going through something eerily similar with one of our cats. Lots of tests but no verdict. Right now we have him on boiled chicken in a desperate attempt to stop the massive weight loss. Though it is not ideal/balanced. Anything else, he throws up or has super loose poop. Still trying to figure out something else. So GOOD LUCK. Hope you have an easier time w/it or get some encouraging news soon.)

DUST for yours too Deco!

Have you tried Gerber's baby food, by any chance? When our boy was very ill and severely underweight we spoonfed him the chicken and turkey 2nd Foods mashed with warm water, it was the only thing he could keep down.

That plus prednisone and nutrient suppliments patched him up, it was a terrifying couple of months though :sick:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2
kitty DUST coming your way!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for all the dust. We're going to hear back from the vet today and I'm trying to think positive. Charles ate a little this morning, scratched on his little mat and walked around some. My husband picked up baby food this morning and is going to try to give him a little before he heads to work.

Deco-dust dust dust to your kitty too! It's so sad to see them so skinny. I keep petting him but feeling all his little bones makes me want to cry. ;( I hope your kitty gets a diagnosis soon and gets better!

Scorpioanne-thanks so much. If it is his thyroid I'm going to definitely ask for the pen because Charles refuses to take pills!

Yssie-oh no-what was wrong with your poor kitty? I'm so glad he's feeling better. And thank you for the baby food tip-we're going to try it today!

Thank you again everyone...I'll update soon, hopefully with good news.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results