shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust/Prayers Appreciated (for my 9-year old friend)

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I do not post much, so I feel bad asking for something so soon, but I am just hoping that as many positive thoughts/prayers/dust can go out for one of my friends. She is nine years old, and had a severe brain aneurysm this weekend. She has made it through brain surgery, but she is still in a coma and has a long road ahead of her. She is such a precious child, so full of life and energy, and I am shocked that this is happening. I know she has so many people rooting for her, and I am praying for her (and her twin sister) that she can find the strength to get through this.

Thank you in advance.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, what a tragic thing to happen! I am praying for your friend that she makes it through this and for her sister and the rest of the family as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a tragedy
7.gif

I''ll be praying for a quick and complete recovery.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I''ll pray for her...thats awful
7.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
ladypirate, yssie, and AutumnNovember--Thank you so much for your prayers. I can''t imagine what her parents are going through right now.
7.gif
I feel so helpless, but knowing that other people are pulling for her gives me more hope.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My prayers are there, too.....please keep us posted on her progress!

Lori

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
She is in my prayers, in my thoughts and in my heart. Wishing for a complete recovery !

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!
6.gif
Dust, and my prayers, are going out to her and her family!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of dust and prayers.

DH''s young teenage cousin went through something similar last year, as did a BF of mine many years ago. The uncertainty, and nature of it, is very difficult. I feel for her family and loved ones.

I really will have her in my thoughts, as well as her family.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
My prayers are with your friend for a full and speedy recovery

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oh dear oh dear.

sending my strongest prayers your way.....

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
loriken, blingmyring, Tuckins, RaiKai, Deelight, and luckynumber-- Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know she is a strong little girl, and she can pull through this.

RaiKai, I am glad to hear your DH''s cousin and former BF were able to pull through. The uncertainty is so hard. My heart is really aching for her and her family.

I will keep you all updated. Thanks again.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of this. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery. My thoughts are with her, you and her family.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 1:31:19 PM
Author: mary poppins
So sorry to hear of this. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery. My thoughts are with her, you and her family.

Thank you, mary poppins. I hope so, too!

Unfortunately, I haven''t heard any updates all day (but I think no news is good news). Thank you again, everyone. I can''t be there with them, but just knowing that other people are sending prayers their way makes me feel so hopeful.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh how awful!!! lots of dust and prayers her way!
Working in the medical field, I''m amazed every day at how tough and resiliant kids are! And how quickly they can heal! I hope that''s the case for you little friend!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 8:55:55 PM
Author: joflier

Working in the medical field, I'm amazed every day at how tough and resiliant kids are! And how quickly they can heal! I hope that's the case for you little friend!

Thanks, joflier. (By the way, did everything turn out OK with your SIL's family in Haiti? I remember she found some, but hadn't heard from others the last you updated. Those posts stuck in my mind.)

ETA: I have heard that kids are very resilient. I hope it is true in this case as well! If anyone can get through this, she can
1.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
After my last post, I got an update. She is still bleeding, but it is draining and the swelling is going down. She will have to have a major brain surgery, but she is building up her strength. This is a step in the right direction, thank God. Thank you all for your support.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 9:02:59 PM
Author: Should Be Studying

Working in the medical field, I''m amazed every day at how tough and resiliant kids are! And how quickly they can heal! I hope that''s the case for you little friend!

Thanks, joflier. (By the way, did everything turn out OK with your SIL''s family in Haiti? I remember she found some, but hadn''t heard from others the last you updated. Those posts stuck in my mind.)

ETA: I have heard that kids are very resilient. I hope it is true in this case as well! If anyone can get through this, she can
1.gif
It''s true - they really are fighters!

Yes, my SIL did find her family. Her mom actually went down there for a time once things got a little more under control. Thanks for asking!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Healing *****DUST DUST DUST****** for your friend!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness. I will be thinking of your friend and will have her in my prayers. *Big hugs* Keep us posted.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my this makes me sooo sad, am sending the strongest prayers I can. I will send positive vibes her way, and will be praying that she comes out of the coma soon, and in tact, with a full recovery...
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2010 9:10:45 PM
Date: 6/1/2010 9:02:59 PM

Author: Should Be Studying

Thanks, joflier. (By the way, did everything turn out OK with your SIL''s family in Haiti? I remember she found some, but hadn''t heard from others the last you updated. Those posts stuck in my mind.)

1.gif
It''s true - they really are fighters!

Yes, my SIL did find her family. Her mom actually went down there for a time once things got a little more under control. Thanks for asking!

Oh, I am so glad to hear that!
1.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, luckyshe, lizzyann, and Kaleigh. I am so happy my friend has so many people rooting for her. I will keep you all posted.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Sending healing dust and prayers her way...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that. DUST and prayers coming her way!!!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear she is doing better.

I did not mean to mislead you, in the cases I mentioned neither recovered and both were taken off life support, but they were massive bleeds and the damage from bleeding and swelling was too great. Maybe I should not have mentioned them, and did not want to say how things ended, but I was just relating to the uncertainty and fear her family and friends are likely going through with this kind of thing.

It sounds like in your friends case they have managed to manage the bleed and swelling. She is still in my thoughts and I really hope she recovers fully.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 8:44:59 AM
Author: RaiKai
Glad to hear she is doing better.

I did not mean to mislead you, in the cases I mentioned neither recovered and both were taken off life support, but they were massive bleeds and the damage from bleeding and swelling was too great. Maybe I should not have mentioned them, and did not want to say how things ended, but I was just relating to the uncertainty and fear her family and friends are likely going through with this kind of thing.

It sounds like in your friends case they have managed to manage the bleed and swelling. She is still in my thoughts and I really hope she recovers fully.

Oh, I''m sorry I misread. It''s OK that you mentioned them, it is a reality. I just hope it is not a reality in this case. I think (I hope!) they were able to catch this early enough to minimize the damage. I don''t know the details, so all I can do is just pray and hope. Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Thank you beezy and Lilac!

I just received another update. They are trying to take her out of the chemical coma, so I hope she is strong enough for that. Now the fear is infection, because of her surgeries. I''m praying there is no infection, and that next week she will be strong enough to have the major surgery (to address the main problem).

I was able to speak to her grandmother (who is one of my dear friends). She was with her other twin granddaughter, on the way to the hospital. I am glad that the sisters are getting to spend time together, because I am sure that will help the healing. The grandmother said that there is a long road ahead, but I know that this little girl is strong. All I can do is pray. I thank you all for your support and prayers.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she is strong enough to come out of the coma and doesn''t get an infection. Keeping her and all affected loved ones in my thoughts.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update. Apparently yesterday was a rough day for my little friend. She has had some trouble stabilizing her blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate. She is showing some reactions and reflexes, which is great news, but the complications are troubling.

It makes me sad to write this, because I don''t want to believe it''s real. I am so worried and scared for her and her family. Then again, worrying will not get them anywhere, so instead I will try to just pray harder. No time to question why these things happen, because there are no answers. It just makes me appreciate life, because this shows me that you never know what can happen from one day to the next.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I think my little friend is fighting hard, because she can feel the prayers coming to her from around the world.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results