shape
carat
color
clarity

dust needed

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I bought a mint garnet... this morning I was looking at it... thought it was not as beautiful as TL's but pretty nice as well. Then I looked into my jewelry box... in the meantime, the garnet disappeared. It is huge, 4.5 ct, it can not just jump away. But it did! I checked everything, it is nowhere to be seen. I called my best friend, and she "guided" me around all the rooms; nothing! I think I am losing my mind... but on top of it, I found a spoon that my husband threw into the bathroom thrash bin yesterday... not good either. One person losing her mind is not good, two people is worse! At night, the hanger in the master bedroom fell down. One thing after another! The stone was bought as a gift, so I need it! Boy, it never happened to me! So strange. Almost as if my mind got clouded for a second. Trust me, I looked everywhere! With a blue light torch, so I could not have missed it!

Need a lot of good wishes! I am missing the stone, but first and foremost, I am scared...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! Lots of fairy dust headed your way!! I hope you find it!!

vsc

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Best of luck finding it. Do you have pets? They sometimes will play with small, shiny objects...

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Have you check your own clothes?

Good luck! I hope your will find it soon!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Start interrogating the kitty in your avatar.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Crasru, honey, dust in piles! I'm sure you've checked everywhere, but especially where a kitty would bat it to? Got my fingers crossed.

--- Laurie

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty said:
Start interrogating the kitty in your avatar.

Agreed! I can't tell you how many things have gotten misplaced (and some never found) because of my 2 kitties :nono:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Use a flashlight when you're looking. It's easier to find small sparkly stuff that way.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for you, of course xx I do hope it turns up. ETA: oo yes, flashlight is a good idea!

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If it did not get stuck in a hem, make sure you check the chair. After that, for hardwoods, get a flashlight and LAY on the floor. Put the flashlight on the floor and look that way. Carpet, after you have exhausted all other methods (lay down here too), new bag in the vacuum. Put the hand tool on for floors and vacuum the carpet. You may here it go. There is a little risk there with some metal parts in the vacuum (the extension tubes are one). Don't use the metal extension tube might help if you have one. The floor models with the beater brush are kind of the last hope, so definitely save it for last when none of the dust is working.

Roy Meade dropped a stone at FFF2. We looked everywhere. It was in his chair in the hem. The conjecture was that it never reached the floor. In retrospect, I think it actually bounced up onto the chair from were I saw him drop it.

Yes, and if all that fails, and miss kitty was around, you may want to keep the kitty litter from the next few days... :rolleyes:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither the kitty nor my son. What really bothers me is that I do not remember what happened when I was holding it in my hand. An eclipse. It is not like you misplace something and forget, it is like you have a thought (it had a small window so I was thinking of ways to close it...it was heart-shaped), then I thought about taking a photo, then I thought, never mind... and that was it. After that, I am staring at my spinels and this stone is nowhere to be seen. Eclipse is a very good word.
No, it was me, not my cat... I checked all pockets... nothing. I turned over the mattress, got under the sheets, in the pillow cases. Used a torch, for sure. Tried angles under the bed. No vacuuming yet...I had to go to work. Unfortunately, we have carpets on the second floor. What really bothers me is this loss of a minute or two. I also remember looking at my alexandrite and thinking of flipping it E-W. And trying to pull it off my finger. it was around the same time. Some confusion.
I have to look between the cushions. Unfortunately, the sectional on the first floor has the cushions that can not be raised. So weird! I remember I did not go out to the patio. Something is amiss. I do not have PTSD so dissociation could not be an issue.
I hope I misplaced it, but where? I am going to go through the garbage (ugh!). I know it is not in the bathroom or drawers. Do not ask me how. Just know.

Well, in old Soviet times my mother misplaced her passport. Which politically was a criminal act (what if you sell it to a foreign spy?). Two weeks later, she found it in a refrigerator. She was in her late 30-es so no memory loss there. Just one of these weird things. I gave a third degree to my refrigerator but alas, I had nothing but coffee that morning.

I just came from Moscow. Have to work 12 hours a day now. Jetlag? Perhaps, but a very costly one! Just send me more dust! I loved the stone!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck Cras.

If I can find a .12ct diamond after 8 months, you can find this garnet!

I've also launched a .35ct diamond across the room. Found that in a few hours.

YOU WILL FIND IT!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok .......... just a thought ................

If you are tired then the chances are you picked up the stone and have put it down somewhere and never had it in your hand when you thought you did. You may THINK you did, but you may not have done. So, with that in mind, have you looked on the top of tables, places that you may just have put it down?

Look in other rooms as well. I bet it isn't in your bedroom.

Wishing you lots of good luck in finding it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has to be in the house SOMEWHERE, especially if you don't remember ever leaving the house with it. I remember losing a stone that fell out of a ring, and it ended up being in a bag of cookies I bought at the grocery store the day I lost it. :oops: It was missing for two days, but you never know how these things show up.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1310154295|2964909 said:
Ok .......... just a thought ................

If you are tired then the chances are you picked up the stone and have put it down somewhere and never had it in your hand when you thought you did. You may THINK you did, but you may not have done. So, with that in mind, have you looked on the top of tables, places that you may just have put it down?

Look in other rooms as well. I bet it isn't in your bedroom.

Wishing you lots of good luck in finding it.

It makes total sense only I do not remember where it might be. I just had this strange episode but you are probably right. I have no clue where it is but I am going to look everywhere.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
If you are tired then the chances are you picked up the stone and have put it down somewhere and never had it in your hand when you thought you did.
I'll never tell how often I've done just that (not with a stone -- yet). Crasru, I am sure it will show up in a place you least expect to see it. More dust for you!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
All kinds of dust from me !!!!!!
Anyway,
think back.
I do best when I just sit quietly and think things through.

ie: if you "know" you never went into the garage (for example)
then don't look there !!!! (my DH wastes a LOT of time doing stuff like that,
he looks in places that he hasn't even BEEN for a WEEK, DUH !!!!)

Think about what you were doing AT THE TIME.

If you were looking through your stones, where-ever in your home that is,
then that's where you PROBABALY were when it got misplaced ......
I would concentrate on that thought.

If you were in your bedroom for example, then that's where it is likely to be.
But stones bounce, hop, skip, do all sorts of gyrations.
It could be across the room if accidentally dropped.
Most likely you set it down, and just don't remember where.
Or it fell or was accidentally "swept off" of where you set it down.
"Section off" that area and really search. Where could you have set it?
If it had fallen from your hand, you would have known that, so you likely set it down.
Use a flashlite, and see if you can find it that way.
That sometimes works.
Good luck, and I hope you find your stone soon !!!!!!!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK; here is the progress. I vacuumed the bedroom (too bad we have carpet on the second floor, except for my son's room). The way I see it now, I might have put the stone in a jewelry plastic bag in my pocket and since these bags tend to have holes, it might have slipped out. All I can tell, I did a much better job than our cleaning lady! I made my 6'7" husband move all wooden furniture in our master bedroom! But we went through only one room.... To make matters worse, the hanger in the master closet room fell off and my husband flew to another state this morning and had no time to fix it. For all I know, the garnet may be under the heap of clothes... but I do not trust anyone to fix the construction except for a couple of people we use for such cases. We had a couple of very bad situations with the cleaning people. The people we trust are very religious and spend their weekends in church. Total mess. Finding a 4.5-ct garnet in our house is the same as looking for a needle in a haystack.

I really loved the mint garnet... I was thinking of eventually upgrading it for a huge, really gem-class one but now it becomes expensive.

Well, the good part is... my husband is sort of a hoarder and keeps old stuff that he brought from Russia... mementos of our youth. I decided to throw them all out. My kids are not interested in these things, and our house is cluttered with this stuff. I am going to donate all the clothes that I do not wear daily to a charity; the expensive ones will go to my friends... the fact that a heavy hanger fell down is a symptom. I threw out all of my husband's magazines. Some of them dated back to 2008 ("What will happen to America in 2009?").

And even if I go through every corner with a fine-tooth comb, the stone may not appear. Just so. I got so angry I decided to sell all the jewelry I do not wear. All my "education" stones. Some of the jewelry is new, some antique but I do not care. Just leave the things that I really enjoy and wear daily.

Oh, and I went through the garbage bin... We woke up at 2 AM today (jet lag)... time to go to bed... Sorry for venting... I am livid. Never did so much cleaning. Now because of this stupid stone we'll end up with total remodeling! :angryfire: =)

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I was heading here just hoping with all my heart that you'd found it.

Special dust being sent from Cincinnati*******

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
I am so sorry, but don't lose hope. I bet it turns up in the least expected place. That's what happened what I lost my spessartite. I looked EVERYWHERE, only to find it lying in a bag of cookies when I wasn't looking for it. I thought, "what is that orange candy doing in there??" and then on closer inspection. :shock: :appl: :bigsmile:

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
George Ellis|1310149400|2964849 said:
If it did not get stuck in a hem, make sure you check the chair. After that, for hardwoods, get a flashlight and LAY on the floor. Put the flashlight on the floor and look that way. Carpet, after you have exhausted all other methods (lay down here too), new bag in the vacuum. Put the hand tool on for floors and vacuum the carpet. You may here it go. There is a little risk there with some metal parts in the vacuum (the extension tubes are one). Don't use the metal extension tube might help if you have one. The floor models with the beater brush are kind of the last hope, so definitely save it for last when none of the dust is working.
Roy Meade dropped a stone at FFF2. We looked everywhere. It was in his chair in the hem. The conjecture was that it never reached the floor. In retrospect, I think it actually bounced up onto the chair from were I saw him drop it.

Yes, and if all that fails, and miss kitty was around, you may want to keep the kitty litter from the next few days... :rolleyes:

I have would suggest using the vacuum but putting a pair of panty hose over the suction end and secure with a rubber band. This will collect everything htat goes up but not let it hit the blades of the vacuum!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Crasru, I read this morning and logged back on now hoping that you had found it :(sad

Dust, dust and more dust!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
So did I, Crasru. I assume you went through the bag from the vacuum cleaner to be sure you didn't pick it up. What about your luggage from Moscow? Was that around when you had the stone in your hand? Don't lose hope -- things turn up where and when you least expect them. It HAS to be in the house somewhere, so you WILL find it!

--- Laurie

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry! I had a similar problem a few days ago. I had just cleaned my jewels and was putting them back on when the dog made a comotion outside and I jumped up to check. I forgot about my ring for a while then remembered and was crying looking for it. It was in the bowls of my lazy boy chair. Another time I dropped a brand new earring into the rolled cuffs of my pants. I hope you find it soon. Most jewels I've lost have been found in the laundry.

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Did you check in the drawers of the dressers in your bedroom? When I've had to take something away from my cat, I have thrown things in a drawer to keep them away from her.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the drawers - yet. It is another project. I have embraced the idea of not finding it tomorrow so I am approaching it from another angle - donating or selling or throwing out everything that is not a stone. With this heap of clothes in the master closet - I have donated two warm coats to low-income families. Nothing under them but I checked the pockets. I decided to get something positive out of this situation, at least we can get rid of all this clutter. Today I spent time trying to list my son's CDs on ebay. He has left them at home four years ago when he moved to the U district. Etc, etc... But alas, no stone!

I was so proud of it, it was my first "real" purchase on the Intergem show, I even got side stones for free! Thank you for keeping my hope alive!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Dust!!! I had a scare with my mint a few weeks ago - tore apart the entire place looking for it and eventually found it on the floor. Good luck!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hope you find it soon!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
With all the good karma you are getting from the donations and everything, i'm sure it will turn up soon. Keep looking! However this turns up, it seems the garnet has helped you get into action in a big way! it will be special forever now.

More dust from asia going your way.

T

talamasca

Oh no, I hope you find it. Sending lots of luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results