shape
carat
color
clarity

DUST needed - Lost my tennis bracelet yesterday!!!!!!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dust to you on finding your bracelet. Please ignore the idiots on Craigslist. I can almost guarantee that caller does not have your bracelet.

Trudii

Rough_Rock
absolutme77|1488832621|4137218 said:
Dust to you on finding your bracelet. Please ignore the idiots on Craigslist. I can almost guarantee that caller does not have your bracelet.

Completely agree. People can be very mean spirited.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I know that sick feeling. I truly hope that it turns up asap so that you can put this behind you. Truckloads of dust coming your way!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CANNOT tell you how much this support has meant. I lay in bed worrying about this whole thing - almost obsessively. My teen daughter said "what's the problem, just use the $ for a new one," but she's young and doesn't quite get the attachment we can have.
I think I've chimed in with my support when these situations have arisen on PS, but now I'll be doubly sure to, because it really does make a difference!!!! THX!!!!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I lost my DBTY bracelet last year (never found it, but a part of me is still holding out hope it will show up even though it is likely in the sewers of NYC), and I was so incredibly upset. I loved that bracelet. The only saving grace was that it was not a sentimental piece. I can't imagine how much more upset I would have been if it was. I'm so so sorry that you lost something so sentimental to you. I have lost sentimental pieces before (three different rings at once :(( ), and I know how devastating and heartbreaking it is. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, and I really really hope you find it soon!!!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry. I lost a pearl pendant a few weeks ago. I was very upset and it wasn't even a sentimental piece.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been keeping my fingers crossed hoping it will show up. Sending you boat loads of lucky dust!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry and hope your bracelet does turn up! But if not, it is great you had insurance, and you can create a new sentimental occasion for your husband or family to give it to you! It may not replace the old one, but it can be a new piece with it's own happy thoughts attached!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not losing hope, but I'm trying to stop obsessing about my loss all waking hours. I think I'll just .....start....to think about a replacement town the line. Where should I concentrate? Whiteflash? BGD? IDJ?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who made your original bracelet? I love the WF three prong tennis bracelet that I recently saw somewhere on this forum.

Since you *may* have to think about a replacement bracelet, make it the largest and blingiest one your budget will allow! Then you'll feel like you traded up!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of a WF bracelet,too, and that's what I'd probably choose if I didn't have a pre-PS tennis bracelet! Can't justify a second one!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm a week into the loss. I'm slowly able to not think about it every waking moment. I definitely have some obsessive tendencies! I should be able to substitute worrying about jewelry with worrying about my 4 teens/young adults or my geriatric dad. I'm out of town and the insurance check should be there when I get home. Chubb said it was going out on Monday. I have to stop thinking about the Craigslist dude; he was vague where he found it, agreed with me that it's YG, when it's actually WG; however, he said one thing: "you have a really small wrist," which is true - I have freaky skinny forearms, wrists. I keep wishing I'd said text me a pic, but instead with his "duh's" and "dah's" I ended up saying "look, YOU enjoy it, ok?" A day later he said he'd pawned it - fake I'm sure!
I want to plan for the replacement, even if I don't do it until the end of the year or later. The ins amt is $12.5, but I don't think it's necessary to spend the whole amt. Ugh. Stupid first world problems!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many carats was the bracelet that you lost? You certainly have a very generous insurance check so you should totally be able to get a stunning new bracelet! You might have enough left to get some other piece of bling as well!

With check in hand you certainly don't have to be in a rush - take your time to decide on exactly what you want. I am glad that the loss is not as painful as it was a week ago. I know this was not the outcome you hoped for but thank goodness it was insured!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry it didn't show up (yet) and thank goodness you had it insured. I have only insured my ER (insurance is super expensive at least in NYC) and it must be a huge relief you didn't take a huge monetary loss. Though I get it was a sentimental loss and I am sorry. I hope it turns up though. Take your time deciding what you want to do with the money and looking forward to seeing what you decide.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WF does have nice 3 prong tennis bracelets, but I ended up getting the wife's at BGD, Leslie was very helpful
Good luck

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TY for still following my plight!! I'll look at BGD and Whiteflash!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, motownmama! What a nightmare!

Although a new bracelet won't have the same sentimental value, hopefully you'll be able to look at it and see it as a testament to an unflappable husband during a difficult time. :)

Wishing you all the best with the way this resolves and something beautiful down the end of a dark road.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results