shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust needed. Daughter in Hospitial in London and I'm 12,000

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi my beautiful 19 year old daughter got taken to hospital tonight in London and I'm 12,000 miles away in Australia :(( .
They think she has an infection and have taken lots of bloods and put an IV line. She is an Au pair and the dad of the house took her and is asleep in the chair beside.
We are of course sick with worry and hope its nothing serious.
Please send dust to my DD
Katex

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Re: Dust needed. Daughter in Hospitial in London and I'm 12,

Dust and prayers for your daughter. I'm sure she's in good hands now that she is in the hospital, and someone is watching over for her!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dust and prayers to your daughter, Kate!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

Huge dust to you, KB

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Sending lots of dust for a speedy recovery.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Much dust and prayers coming your way. Must be so frustrating to be so far away. Hang in there, keep us posted.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Stay strong, We'll be sending love her way.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending lots of special dust. I know how she must feel - I too did a GAP year to the UK when I was 18 and got Glandular Fever and raging chest infection - was very sick for almost 3 months but the doctors refused to give me anything! I was extremely homesick but take heart in that it sounds as though the Au Pair family she is surrounded by are caring and supportive and I'm sure the hospital is doing all they can. Keep us posted on her progress. :wavey:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dust for you and your daughter....

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

I'm very sorry for your daughter katebar,

I want to share with you that a few year backs when I was an aupair in I got very sick, I ended up having pneumonia and in the hospital. It's very hard to be away from home and being sick with no body to take of you like a mom will do. But now, when I remember back, I did learn a lot about that and many other things that make me grow as a person. Just keep calling you daughter and remind her how much you care and love her.

Sending tons if dust for your daughter to get better very soon.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

All the very best to your daughter for a speedy recovery, Kate - I can't imagine how hard it is for you to be so far away when she's unwell.

I think it's wonderful that her au pair family is so supportive and are there with her, and more than anything I think it is a great thing that she is unwell and in a major hospital in a major city, rather than being unwell somewhere where top-notch care is less accessible. Thinking of you!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Dust to you and your daughter, I hope she recovers quickly.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

Dust for your daughter and you, Kate.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Dust and prayers are being sent your way !!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

Kate sending a ton of dust for your daughter to get well soon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dust and prayers to your daughter and to you too Mom!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending dust to you and your daughter for strength and healing.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks so much everybody. We have an update!
She has a kidney infection and they took blood put in an IV infusion and gave her antibiotics. Her Au pair dad stayed with her and slept in the chair beside her bed. They discharged her at 4am as they needed the bed!
Her time with this family has been fraught and note that the Mum didn't go but the Dad did (thats all I'll say).
Gaby you are absoulutely right that these experinces challenge but enrich you. We have seen this already in the 10 months she has been away. Tonight my incredlbly needle phobic daughter had blood taken and ended up like a pin cushion and didn't have her dad or me to hold her hand.
The hospitial staff were very caring but its so hard! Her Dad is a GP so he felt utterly helpless and then of course her phone died and the hospitial couldn't tell us anything becasue of confidentality.
Thanks for the prayers and dust. Fingers crossed she recovers quickly.
She returns home in 6 weeks and I don't think I'll ever let her go away again!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I'm so sorry to hear about this. It must be so hard for you, being such a long way away.

As you know, there are a few UK based PSers here. If there's anything you'd like sent to your daughter, anything at all, I'm sure someone here can arrange it. If there's anything I can do, please ask - I'm sure Ella would put you in touch with me or someone else here who can help. I'm in Scotland, so not too near, but I could arrange to send anything you wanted to get to her more easily than from the US.

Thinking about you and your girl.

Jen

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

I echo what Jen says Kate. I also know exactly how you feel. I have two sons who live in the UK and I am in Canada. Sometimes, it's really tough.

My eldest son lives in London, so if there is anything at all that you would like sent or taken locally, I am sure I could get Jim to help. Just ask Ella to be put in touch with me or find me on FB, I have the same name.

Hang in there, six weeks is not so long.

Hugs

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kate, I had that after I delivered my daughter and it was horrible so my heart goes out to your daughter! Luckily it is treatable! Lots of dust for a quick recovery. Hugs to you both!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Kate, I'm in London so if there's anything I can do just let me know.

Fingers crossed that she recovers soon.

P x

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

Gosh you guys are amazing! I Particularly want to thank Pandora, Jennifer and Gailey for their generous offers. Unfortunately she has taken a turn for the worst and started vomiting and is back in hospital and staying in over night.
I am going to jump on a plane later today and will be there in 24 hours. Her au pair parents went away for the weekend :o and so I had to call one of her girl Friend's mothers to take her to hospital.
Hopefully they won't discharge her till she is lots better but seriously she can't go back to looking after children straight from hospital!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm not too far from London either so if I can help you in any way let me know Kate.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Kate how horrible for your daughter - and for you being so far away. Here's hoping she is much improved by the time you get to her. How disappointing to think she was left alone and expected to look after children while unwell. :nono:

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear this latest development. Hopefully by the time you get there she will have turned a corner and be on the mend. Which hospital is she in?

Please let us know if you need anything at all. I'll be watching the thread.

Good luck.

Hugs

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks softlysoftly I still feel sick about it and of course helpless and everything.
Maisie thanks for your offer I do so appreciate it.
Gailey she is in the Chelsea Westminster and they seem very caring but she is still only a little girl even though she thinks she is grown up. I hate the fact she is on her own very sick and scared and I can't be there to hold her or comfort her yet. They said she is a sick girl and will be in probably a few days at least
Anyway its what it is but I need more prayers an dust everyone and thank you.x

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Ohh gosh, Katebar. I hope she takes a turn for the better.

Also dust for safe travels. As a young woman, I know how much it can mean, just to know that your mom is on her way. I'm sure she is dying for you to get there, just as you are.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

katebar said:
Thanks softlysoftly I still feel sick about it and of course helpless and everything.
Maisie thanks for your offer I do so appreciate it.
Gailey she is in the Chelsea Westminster and they seem very caring but she is still only a little girl even though she thinks she is grown up. I hate the fact she is on her own very sick and scared and I can't be there to hold her or comfort her yet. They said she is a sick girl and will be in probably a few days at least
Anyway its what it is but I need more prayers an dust everyone and thank you.x

Kate, I'm sure she is is the best possible place. I certainly understand your need to get to her as quickly as you can. I've done the "drop everything, transatlatic flight" a few times now. If you are able, check in with us when you get there. We are all thinking about you both.

Hugs

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Have a safe trip, Kate. If there's anything I can do, say the word.

Hope she's improving even as I type this.

Jen

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results