shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust and mammograms

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
We need some PS dust, well truckloads really.
My partner kept putting off her mammogram. like by a decade! Then she hurt her back and assumed it was a disk so she started taking aleve. With all the signs she just thought it was a worsening disk problem. Around the same time the lump appeared. she ignored that. finally she mentioned all this to the primary care doctor who told her she should get a mammo. so she went to the gyno who said the same and tried to tell her that often lumps are just lumps, and that if you drink a lot of coffee or eat chocolate that can make lumps lumpier. Which all fed into her irrational belief that mammograms either don't find cancers or they cause them. whatever. she had the mammogram and it was inconclusive. they recommended an mri. she didn't want to have an mri because (another stupid urban legend) she has been a welder for a few decades and believes that she has metal in her body from the fumes! so the Dr wanted her to have a Dilon but the insurance company denied it. Three times. Then I said to her that she had to stop futzing around and just submit to the needle biopsy (she had hoped the dilon would show conclusively that there was nothing wrong and thus obviate the need for the biopsy). Then I made an appointment for the biopsy. That came back cancer. While that was happening she went to a rehab Dr for the herniated disk. He ordered a CT of the lumbar. That came back showing multiple lytic lesions all over the spine. The cancer had metastisized. at the moment they think the bone lesions could be breast cancer that spread, but could also be multiple myeloma.
Yesterday we saw the oncologist, today we saw the radiologist. Friday will be a PET scan and a CT. Next week starts 15 sessions of radiation and chemo. The pain has been terrible these last five weeks. unable to move or sit, just crying and whimpering. Now they have her on methadone and nucynta for pain management. I don't think she really understands what is going on.
If you have some extra PS dust we sure could use it. And ladies, get your mammograms regularly.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this. Sending loads of dust to your partner for strength and healing, and to you and her family for strength to support her.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid, you have boatloads of dust coming at you from the Haven household. I'm also tucking in a lot of strength, resolve, hope, and positive healing vibes with it.

I'll be thinking of you two. I'm not a religious lady, but I believe in the power of good thoughts.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Tons of dust coming your way, VL, and lots of prayers and hugs, too!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I'm so very sorry to hear that =( lots and lots of dust coming over this way~

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am so sorry that you and your partner are going through this. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear this. I'm sending a lot of good thoughts and dust your way!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry you're going through this. Sending tons and tons of get well soon dust your way. Praying for you and your partner!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
VL, what a blow! I'm so sorry for both of you. I wish for you strength, patience, and blessings beyond description. I will be keeping the both of your close in prayer, and offer all the dusty my dusty, mustiness can muster. I believe in the power of the positive, and if all we PSers can send out our rays, they will find you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Vapid . . . ;(

I'm SO sorry to hear you are going through this. Please tell your courageous lady that we are sending powerful prayers and dust.

I know how hard it is to do what you're doing, staying strong for someone else. You hang in there, she's getting a lot of courage from you. I know you are a huge help to her. My DH had enormous pain with a shattered disk (nothing compared to what you're going through!), and the hydrocodone seemed to help some. Heck, tell them to go for the morphine. Pull out all the stops, the heck with stigma or whatever.

It's a rough road through chemo and radiation, but they can do so much now, it's really remarkable. The number of recoveries have increased ALOT even in the last five years. It's amazing what they can do now, there is hope.

I know how hard it is to watch someone in pain, just do the best you can. Get as much rest as you can, don't stay up nights, a rested you is important to her. Get some help. Are there relatives, friends, someone that can lend a hand? Lean on anyone you can, ask for help.

This is a tough road, but you can do it. I'll check in on this thread to see how it's going.

Sending dust, and praying for you and your lady.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
No way around it, it sucks. My brother was diagnosed with sarcoma around Christmas and I've found a lot of info and support online. I can't stress enough that you must be proactive-do your own research and be open to new treatments. I wish your partner a complete recovery!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid, sending many positive thoughts and much dust your way. I'm so very sorry, and wish much strength and peace for both of you.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Tons of healing and strength dust outgoing...

Modern medicine is a wonderful thing, and it can beat all the odds and I wish and pray that for you and your partner.

So sorry.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry to hear this. I will pray for her and you!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapid, I am so sorry about this terrible development and I am sending truckloads of dust and healing vibes your partner's way. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry. I'm hoping for the best for your partner, and sending positive thoughts your way.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm so very sorry to hear of this.I can only wish that the treatment your partner receives is swift and effective.

I have a very close friend who is living with multiple myeloma - the shock and distress when he was diagnosed was horrendous. I can only imagine what you and you partner are going through. If it's any small crumb of comfort, he's doing really well now, nearly 10 years after diagnosis. I know, this is different for everyone, but when I think back to how devastated we all were, I guess maybe I'd like to have heard about a long term survivor.

I'm thinking about you both, and hoping for better news soon.

Jen

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so dreadfully sorry to hear of this VL. I'll be keeping you and her, in my thoughts.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, VL. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. *dusts*

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust and good thoughts to you both VL!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapid, I am so very sorry for you and your partner. Many prayers and hugs coming your way!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Dust, strength and hope coming to your partner and you.

All the thoughts I want to pass to you are flooding my mind and I can't really articulate them. But here are the ones I can pick out. Stay strong. Stay courageous. Stay by her side. Do what's best. Don't let the fear win.

I can't imagine what it'd be like to go through this.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're getting all my dust VL...I dont need it for anything else. Will be thinking positive thoughts for your mate and you. :saint:
Remember to take time for yourself. You are no good to anyone else if you get run down.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, my god, VL, that's awful. I am so very sorry, and I hope that the treatment goes well, and quickly: that she's not in terrible pain in the meantime. If we're doing book recs, I found this to be really powerful and helpful: Eating the Underworld, by Doris Brett. She survived breast cancer, went into remission, suffered a reoccurrence, and beat it again, and journaled the whole process. I met her on a message board, oh, a decade or so ago, and she sent me a copy - Googling now, I am very happy to see that she is thriving today. I hope for the same for your partner.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry, VL, im hoping and praying for your SO...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Vapid - I am SO SORRY you and your partner are going through this. You are wonderful for making her take the necessary steps to find out, and you are so strong for being there and being supportive through her pain and through her treatments. I'll be sending lots of healing dust to you two. Have faith and stay strong!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, VL. Dust and thoughts and prayers for strength and healing headed her way (and plenty headed your way as well).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I'll be thinking of you and her, VL, and lots of dust your way with a huge dollop of healing vibes.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust and prayers outgoing! Please keep us informed as time permits.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results