color
clarity

Dust and mammograms

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tons of dust to you and your partner.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How ya doin' Vapid? Deep breath, keep it going.

Sending you dust . . . (where is the emoticon for that? Seriously, we need one!)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Vapid, sorry to hear this news. I hope the doctors can get a clear plan of action and your partner has good results from it. Tons of dust coming your way...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust and prayers going out :(sad

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Checking in to send you support. . .

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Sending all the dust I can gather, to you and your partner, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Vapid, I can't even express how sorry I am that you and your partner have to go through this right now. Sending TONS and TONS of positive vibes your way so that she can recover from this.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
While I'm not a regular poster,I wanted to stop by and send you and your partner a big hug and tons of dust.Keep being strong!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried responding several times VL, and just felt that my words fell flat every time. I'm just so very sorry that your partner is going through this, and I will keep her in my thoughts as she makes her way through these treatments. I hope she can be made as comfortable as possible and her pain can at least be lessened. I will be thinking of you as well, this is obviously very difficult for you. Please take care of yourself, and try to remain hopeful. Modern medicine can do amazing things. Sending tons of healing dust and positive thoughts your way. Again, I am just so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to both of you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
VL, not sure what to say that would be of any help. i "see" you as a strong person in my mind's eye and i know you will be there for your partner....and we'll be here fo ryou.

MoZo

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL - I'm so sorry to read this. I'll be praying for peace, strength, and healing for you and your partner.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am really touched by the tremendous outpouring from you all. Today we're preparing for tomorrow's PET scan. She tried the methadone they prescribed for pain but it caused far more problems, all the side effects of heroin without the high! So she's back on only the nucynta. We are hoping the radiation can begin very soon as they told us that it will help immediately with the pain. Of course since it's highly targeted they cant start until they have the results of these scans. We're, well I at least am trying to stay optimistic and simply focusing on dealing with what is. Making sure the insurance authorizations are all in place and stuff..healthcare in contemporary america is absurd. I went to whole foods and had a bunch of stuff delivered. Since the PET scan requires you to have no carbohydrates for a day before the test I made a rather delicious goat cheese and herb omlette.
Thank you all again for keeping us in your good thoughts. It is making a difference. And the dumptrucks of PS dust; now I need to get out the vacuum!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You're both very much in my thoughts, and I hope that the PET scan goes smoothly tomorrow.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Sending tons of dust. Your support to your partner is wonderful and hopefully you will soon receive good news.

This kind of hits close to home since it was just yesterday that we were celebrating that the lump fund in my mothers breast was not cancer. It really drives home the point that everyone should get tested and learn how to palpate themselves. Excuse my ignorance but are you not in the US called every year for mammograms and smear test every three years?

Hoping that you guys will soon see a happy ending to this trial.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sending you much love and prayers

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Continuing to keep you guys in my thoughts, especially tonight--in hopes that everything goes smoothly tomorrow!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this news. You and your partner are in my thoughts and prayers...

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hope your partner makes a full recovery. Best wishes to your family.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Vapid!

I hope she's able to tolerate the pet scan, sometimes staying still sucks. Just get through as best you can.

Treat the both of you to one of those mini-cakes at Whole Foods when she can have carbs. Those things are awesome. I'm partial to the boston cream cake. Did you ever try their chocolate angel food cake? Lovely!

I'm glad you're holding up, my fingers are crossed today.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
We are back home from the PET scan. All went well. Monday starts the radiation treatments. Everyone at beth israel comprehensive cancer center is awesome. Except the radiology tech who stank of cigarettes and who joked (?) when we signed the consent form that he just needed our bank account and pin numbers. The office people have the approvals from the insurance company done already, so the only thing we have to do monday is show up. Now things seem to be moving forward, and I do think PS dust helped make that so.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That sounds very positive (except the technician, sorry you had to deal with that at a stressful time).

I'm glad to hear that it went well today - sending you both loads more dust for Monday.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you love and dust. I will be thinking of you both. Stay strong.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending over a ton of dust! Hope everything goes well...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1304702118|2914050 said:
We are back home from the PET scan. All went well. Monday starts the radiation treatments. Everyone at beth israel comprehensive cancer center is awesome. Except the radiology tech who stank of cigarettes and who joked (?) when we signed the consent form that he just needed our bank account and pin numbers. The office people have the approvals from the insurance company done already, so the only thing we have to do monday is show up. Now things seem to be moving forward, and I do think PS dust helped make that so.

Sorry for that crude joke... such bad taste, and bad timing.

again, wishing you and your partner the best!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
huge boatloads of dust coming to your family from my own. I will be thinking of you and your partner and sending positive healing prayers to you and yours.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
If you are not satisfied with a tech, for any reason, speak with the nursing supervisior [ or equiv. ] and have that person changed. You and your partner do not need any added stress. Pleae keep us informed of her progress. More dust on the way...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
More dust for you both, VL.

Monday she'll be feeling better, and the techs seem to take courses in being jerky.

She'll feel better soon, hope you do too.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am sending tons of dust your way. I have several friends dealing with serious health issues and can only imagine what the 2 of you are going through. You have a lot of support here whenever you need it!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Stage IV

The good news is that while many bones are affected, no organs are. Many women dont realize this but past age 50, any undiagnosed back pain is suspicious for breast cancer. When it metastasizes is can easily go to bone, all the vertebrae, ribs, scapula, femur, skull,you name it. Only one of the affected vertebrae is impinging on the spinal cord. The Dr is confident that, though the cancer can't be cured, it can be managed and she will have years, not months. Then we went over to radiation for the first treatment. We rushed home in a cab and the vomiting did not start until we were inside, so it was contained. Chemo starts next week if she survives the radiation. she cant seem to eat anything (how does one produce so much vomit on an empty stomach?) but soup and I made padparadscha jello (raspberry and peach, layered, peach on top).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles. And for what it is worth, your "pad" jello sounds devine!

kind regards--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results