shape
carat
color
clarity

Dumb questions ahead about Tacori, soldering,diamond color etc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all

I am thinking of resetting my 1 carat stone into a Tacori Rosebud setting, and then getting the matching band. I want to order both with the diamonds halfway around the band.

My questions:
1- My stone is 1.07 RB H SI1. Tacori uses for their side and pave stones G color stones accoring to my research. Is there are visible difference in a 3 stone setting between two small G color stones and a center H color stone? My current stone is ideal cut and faces up white in my current platinum setting

2- This style ring has stones/scalloping on the sides (well maybe that should say the front and back?) of the rings. I don''t know much about soldering rings but if you have half band of pave stones on the front/back of the rings, can you solder rings? do they only solder the ring in the back of the shank or all the way around? I hope I am wording what I am trying to say right.

Thank you!

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
Hi there.

I just received my tacori rings....i have the full eternity ring with matching band. My set is not the rosebud, but it''s exactly the same, minus the two little diamonds on the side of the center stone. My center stone is a 1.54 I color stone......and it looks absolutely fine next to the little G color diamonds....so your H will be just fine. I wouldn''t even worry about that if I were you.

As far as soldering the two rings together, I don''t know that I would. My rings sit perfectly next to eachother....you may want to try wearing them first and see...you may not end up wanting to solder them together.

Good luck.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I just got my tacori rosebud setting 3 weeks ago. pictures (bad..) are in the "show me the ring". I have a 1.5 round in the center - and my stone is an F - but I think your H will be just fine.

Also - I too say, try the rings first just "together". They fit very nicely against one another - and don't seem to spin.

i was a bit concerned regarding the diamonds on the sides wearing against one another - which I am sure will happen over time - but they don't seem to rub so much.

In addition - if you plan to get them soldered anyway - maybe have them not put diamonds on the inner sides of the two rings. Why pay for that when you won't see it when it's together. I'm sure they can do that - and save you a little $$

Good Luck with the set. I still am in awe...it's so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results