shape
carat
color
clarity

Duchess of Windsor crescent shaped diamond and pearl pendant

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
I am planning projects for the coming year and have a pearl and diamond pendant in mind.

I am very interested in getting a pendant made (for my mom) which is very similar to the crescent shaped diamond and pearl pendant that the Duchess of Windsor wore with Queen Mary's pearl necklace. See attached image for details. However, I want to make the pendant removable and wearable with both her white pearls and her grey pearls. Can you guys think of any way such a pendant can be made removable and more versatile? Any thoughts or opinions are much appreciated. de720fc6c1635778aa715f2637c61bf1.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get an enhancer that the pearl can be attached to, which can then go between the pearls of the necklace. I haven’t seen anything as fancy as the one in the picture, but you could probably get it made.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enhancer which is like a clip that goes over the string and knot in between a pearl.
One each at each side of the crescent.
The overall look may be chunkier than the pendant in the inspiration pic as the clip can only go as small as the bench can make it.
Good luck with your project.

DK :))

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The enhancer in your photo looks as if it is part of the necklace. Most enhancers are simply pendants with a different finding - the loop is made to open. Any pearl supplier should be able to supply, the findings (the metal fitting) are widely available, both plain and fancier. You can see how it works in this photo
enhancer.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i did a google
it does look like an enhancer and there are a lot of times the Duchess wore the pearls that Queen Mary gifted her without the enhancer
1707518376189.png
i did not even known that Kelvin Cline was a real person, much less that there was once a Mrs Calvin Klein
the enhancer setting looks a bit different to me ?
(but Queen Mary was not overly generous with this particular DiL)
1707518505379.png

Garage

Rough_Rock
Trade
One option could be using a clasp mechanism that allows for easy swapping of pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results