shape
carat
color
clarity

Duchess Cut Marquise Diamond

LissyJo

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for any information about a Duchess cut marquise diamond I have. It is .75 carat and set in 14k white gold. I do not know the color or clarity, but it appears to be very clean and I would guess fall in the I-J color range. Any info regarding the special cut of the diamond, the value, rarity, ect. would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!! : )

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
The Royal Cuts, developed in Israel and distributed in the United States by Suberi Brothers, New York, include the Empress, the Baroness and the Duchess cuts that resemble the pear, oval and marquise shapes respectively.The difference is, these cuts create the illusion of a much larger diamond, achieved through state-of-the-art cutting technology that enlarges the crown, or top half of the stone, and reduces the pavilion, using four to six extra facets over the traditional 58. A duchess cut diamond has much more brilliance than a regular cut diamond. It has more faceted cuts that catch light rays from every angle and reflects it back. Plus, duchess cut diamonds are larger in spreads.

Hope that helped out! ::)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe $700 for the diamond alone.

Here is a search I did on Bluenile.com which has a huge database.
Cut: Marquise
Color I/J
Clairty SI
Size 0.7 to 0.8
The average price was around $1400.
You and I being a civilian can expect to sell for around half of retail.

BTW, all of these had a GIA report.
If yours has an EGL or IGI or any other report or no report it will be worth less than $700.

9.png

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Verdy|1312160531|2981303 said:
The Royal Cuts, developed in Israel and distributed in the United States by Suberi Brothers, New York, include the Empress, the Baroness and the Duchess cuts that resemble the pear, oval and marquise shapes respectively.The difference is, these cuts create the illusion of a much larger diamond, achieved through state-of-the-art cutting technology that enlarges the crown, or top half of the stone, and reduces the pavilion, using four to six extra facets over the traditional 58. A duchess cut diamond has much more brilliance than a regular cut diamond. It has more faceted cuts that catch light rays from every angle and reflects it back. Plus, duchess cut diamonds are larger in spreads.

Hope that helped out! ::)
My understanding is that they are not longer cut.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to see this special marquis cut stone. Any pics????

LissyJo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info! I also did the search on BlueNile, but I wasn't sure if the special cutting would make it worth more or less than a standard cut marquise? Any idea if it makes a difference??? I don't have any pics right this moment, I'll try to take some good ones right now and upload them shortly....

LissyJo

Rough_Rock
I will have to wait until tomorrow for pictures....I need some natural light.....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a pic I found of these cuts. the site I was on said they were developed in the early 1990's. Suberi Brothers no longer manufactures them but still holds the patents for these cuts. ETA: was googling around a little more and found some diamonds called a duchess marquis cut in the more traditional shape as well.

royalcuts1.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The one in the upper right is dreamy!

LissyJo

Rough_Rock
It looks like the bottom one, but is only .75 ct so the shape doesn't look as dramatic, the setting also doesn't show off the crisp lines very well. I'm taking it to a local jeweler this week to see how much it is worth. Hopefully the fact that they are no longer made will up the value....or make it worthless because no one wants that cut anymore! lol.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
LizzyJo,
I'm envious. :)

Junebug,
Thanks for the pic. I like the one on the upper left.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results