shape
carat
color
clarity

DTC Sightholder Rough Market

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I know DeBeers (DTC) has a sightholder sale every five weeks. I''m curious, is this every five weeks like clockwork? When is the next sightholder sale? How long does it take for the rough from a sightholder sale to get cut and get to market generally?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Next sight-week is from March 24th to 28th.

There are 10 sights a year, basically every 5 weeks with a slight adaptation around holiday periods.

The production- and marketing-cycle depends upon the size of the goods and the organisation of the manufacturer. I think that an average production-cycle of 2 months is a good estimate. The actual marketing (from getting a grading report from the lab to delivery to the retailer) is probably longer.

Take care,

Paul

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I may have answered my own question. I just stumbled across a website with a vast amount of fascinating information on the diamond market for anybody else who is interested:

www.keyguide.net

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results