Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

DTC Sightholder Rough Market

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I know DeBeers (DTC) has a sightholder sale every five weeks. I''m curious, is this every five weeks like clockwork? When is the next sightholder sale? How long does it take for the rough from a sightholder sale to get cut and get to market generally?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Next sight-week is from March 24th to 28th.

There are 10 sights a year, basically every 5 weeks with a slight adaptation around holiday periods.

The production- and marketing-cycle depends upon the size of the goods and the organisation of the manufacturer. I think that an average production-cycle of 2 months is a good estimate. The actual marketing (from getting a grading report from the lab to delivery to the retailer) is probably longer.

Take care,

Paul

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I may have answered my own question. I just stumbled across a website with a vast amount of fascinating information on the diamond market for anybody else who is interested:

www.keyguide.net

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.