shape
carat
color
clarity

DT Classified Ad - 1.6 H&A G VVS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
There is a guy (or woman) selling what looks like an amazing stone (1.6 G VVS1 H&A) on DT in the classifieds. He started out asking $12K for it but is now accepting all reasonable offers. I would love to get your opinion on a few things...

1) What do you think is the lowest that would be a "reasonable" offer?

2) What could he realistically get for it from pawn shope/jewelry stores? What about on Ebay?

3) Is there a way to make the purchase safely?

Here is the link:
The ROCK

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I can't comment about possible pricing, but I can tell you this is not a true H&A diamond. The tip-off is the heart in the 6 o'clock position (among other things).

Also, why isn't this a full GIA report - the stone is more than 1 ct.....should be a full report. I'd be careful on this one.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the thoughful comments, Al...
Is there a way to look up the GIA certificate through their site, using the number on the certificate? I am wondering if there is a second page that he didn't post.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes definitely not a true H&A. Why isnt there a picture of the arrows? Also that picture of the stone (first one) doesn't look that impressive. The arrows almost look a little thin and lost from what you can see.

For a 1.6 G VVS almost H&A....maybe around $10k would be a good offer for private re-sale. Esp since WhiteFlash has a 1.56c H VVS1 A Cut Above SuperIdeal real H&A stone for $13,227 on Pscope right now!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The big warning sign that I saw had to do with the seller. Not a regular Member of the Forum. A new comer. That alone says Nay Nay to me!
eek.gif

Shappy

Rough_Rock
You can call the GIA with the number-they will tell you if it's valid and read you the specs that they have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results