shape
carat
color
clarity

dry weather...irritated skin...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
the weather been so dry plus heater is on all the time...my face with sensitive skin is getting really irritated. Can anyone recommand a good moisturizer?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Cetaphil lotion. It comes with spf as well, which will help protect your face from the sun. Make sure you moisturize in the morning and at night. You also might want to try some moisturizing face masks.

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am loving olay body 'quench' right now, the one i use is for very dry skin, it smells like baby lotion and it goes on nice and thick but absorbs quickly and does not get greasy. typically my legs get so dry in the winter they itch, but so far i haven't had any issues...yay. my hands of course are still like alligator skin no matter what i put on them, but they are so exposed to the elements and everything that i think that's just the deal unfortunately. here's an image of it. i have been going through a bottle every month or something crazy....but my skin is really very soft and i'm jazzed. i mix it with vaseline body firming to make my own kind of cocktail dry skin slash firming blend. haha.

quench.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 1:35:27 PM
Author: Mara
i am loving olay body ''quench'' right now, the one i use is for very dry skin, it smells like baby lotion and it goes on nice and thick but absorbs quickly and does not get greasy. typically my legs get so dry in the winter they itch, but so far i haven''t had any issues...yay. my hands of course are still like alligator skin no matter what i put on them, but they are so exposed to the elements and everything that i think that''s just the deal unfortunately. here''s an image of it. i have been going through a bottle every month or something crazy....but my skin is really very soft and i''m jazzed. i mix it with vaseline body firming to make my own kind of cocktail dry skin slash firming blend. haha.
That wouldn''t be good for your face though, would it? I would think it would clog your pores...

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 1:36:36 PM
Author: poptart

i am loving olay body 'quench' right now, the one i use is for very dry skin, it smells like baby lotion and it goes on nice and thick but absorbs quickly and does not get greasy. typically my legs get so dry in the winter they itch, but so far i haven't had any issues...yay. my hands of course are still like alligator skin no matter what i put on them, but they are so exposed to the elements and everything that i think that's just the deal unfortunately. here's an image of it. i have been going through a bottle every month or something crazy....but my skin is really very soft and i'm jazzed. i mix it with vaseline body firming to make my own kind of cocktail dry skin slash firming blend. haha.
That wouldn't be good for your face though, would it? I would think it would clog your pores...

*M*
my face typically doesn't get that dry because i have a ton of diff moisturizers that i use on it specifically for face from day to night etc. it's my body that gets horribly dry in the winter and my hands!

but actually i do use this stuff on my face when i get out of the shower in the evenings, aka when i am not getting ready to start the day but rather just finished an evening workout and showered and am putting lotion on all overe...and then i put on my night moisturizer when i go to bed and i haven't had any problems. but i only do that like 3x a week. i think nightly might be a bit much for my skin.

eta: doh i noticed that the OP was asking about face stuff. i would just use a few moisturizers specifically for day and night, works for me. i think my night one is oil of olay in a small purple jar.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good ol'' fashioned Oil of Olay w/ SPF has worked for me for years. I use the same stuff morning and night. My skin looks very healthy, I get compliments on it quite frequently, and I stay moisturized.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone in my house has been suffering with dry skin lately. For my face I usually This. For my body & times when I run out of my face cream I use Lubriderm Seriously Sensitve Lotion, pretty basic moisturizer no fragrance or lanolin. I also bought a humidifier to get some moisture in the house. It's so dry the static electricity is out of contol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have super dry skin in the winter (and just basic dry skin otherwise) as well. In fact, I am desperately trying to dig out the humidifier from the basement right now--just took a break to post a few replies on PS!

I also have sensitive skin, and am acne-prone although I'm in my late 20's. One moisturizer I have found that works well for me is Moisturel. I discovered it about 10 years ago at a Wal-Mart, and I'm thinking I read about it even back then in a magazine! Anyway, I used to be able to find the "tub" of it, maybe 6-8 oz., but now I can only find a lotion version of it in a pump bottle at CVS or Walgreens (which still does the job). The great thing about it is that it is fragrance free, and allergen free (although I find you have to really try things that say "allergen free" to determine whether YOU are allergic to them or not).

Another moisturizer I have tried and that has worked for me is Treehut. It comes in a tub of "body butter" but has also worked for my face. Probably not the best recommendation for acne-prone or sensitive skin, because it's very thick, but it has worked well for me and didn't cause any breakouts. I used to find it at Target, but unfortunately my local one doesn't carry it anymore. However, I recently found it online at drugstore.com, although it's a buck or two more expensive at $6.99 vs. the old $4.99 Target price. I have some on order currently because I really love it for 24 hr. moisture for my body!

Don't forget to drink lots and lots of water, too, and get a good humidifier for home use. Both of those things can be a godsend for very dry skin, in addition to a good moisturizer!

ETA: sorry, that last paragraph was repetitive! Didn't read completely through all the posts before typing!
7.gif
9.gif
35.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 3:40:04 PM

Date: 1/16/2007 1:36:36 PM
Author: poptart

i am loving olay body ''quench'' right now, the one i use is for very dry skin, it smells like baby lotion and it goes on nice and thick but absorbs quickly and does not get greasy. typically my legs get so dry in the winter they itch, but so far i haven''t had any issues...yay. my hands of course are still like alligator skin no matter what i put on them, but they are so exposed to the elements and everything that i think that''s just the deal unfortunately. here''s an image of it. i have been going through a bottle every month or something crazy....but my skin is really very soft and i''m jazzed. i mix it with vaseline body firming to make my own kind of cocktail dry skin slash firming blend. haha.
That wouldn''t be good for your face though, would it? I would think it would clog your pores...

*M*
my face typically doesn''t get that dry because i have a ton of diff moisturizers that i use on it specifically for face from day to night etc. it''s my body that gets horribly dry in the winter and my hands!

but actually i do use this stuff on my face when i get out of the shower in the evenings, aka when i am not getting ready to start the day but rather just finished an evening workout and showered and am putting lotion on all overe...and then i put on my night moisturizer when i go to bed and i haven''t had any problems. but i only do that like 3x a week. i think nightly might be a bit much for my skin.

eta: doh i noticed that the OP was asking about face stuff. i would just use a few moisturizers specifically for day and night, works for me. i think my night one is oil of olay in a small purple jar.
Gotcha Mara! I have acne prone skin so the thought of putting that lotion on my face scared me, haha! I use it too, though, on the rest of me, and it does work very well. It has a nice sheen to it also (at least I noticed it... maybe I''m weird!)

*M*

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Cetaphil for sensitive skin is fantastic for your face and body!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aveeno Ultra Calming Cream. It's made for sensitive skin, is oil-free yet very rich, and it doesn't make your face feel greasy. It makes your skin feel soft and supple.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 1:12:45 AM
Author: monarch64

Don''t forget to drink lots and lots of water, too, and get a good humidifier for home use. Both of those things can be a godsend for very dry skin, in addition to a good moisturizer!
Ditto!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Dr. Hauschka Moisturing Day Cream (face) and the Rose Body Moisturizer. For "really" dry days, I use either Nuxe Creme Fraiche or Dior HydrAction on my face. All I find, do the trick!

cheers--Sharon

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions! I''m going to go out and get myself more cream and lotions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results