shape
carat
color
clarity

Dry Fit Stench

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Help! My husband wears dry fit undershirts to work, and he also has some dry fit golf shirts. They are fabulous at absorbing the sweat, but I can''t get the stench out! According to the instructions you can not use fabric softener. I wash with Tide but the shirts still smell like b.o. Any ideas?? I thought about trying oxyclean but it just says it''s for taking stains out. I need an odor remover.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha my hubby has the same problem with them getting stinky fast, but so far I haven''t noticed a problem getting it out.

Some people swear by white vinegar in the wash. Lemon also cuts smells pretty good!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I had this same thing with my FI''s hockey stuff. Wash it in HOT water and add baking soda (like the stuff you keep in your fridge). And wash it with 2 agitate cycles. That should help.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tips ladies! I will try those suggestions!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 11:56:32 PM
Author:tiffanytwisted
Help! My husband wears dry fit undershirts to work, and he also has some dry fit golf shirts. They are fabulous at absorbing the sweat, but I can''t get the stench out! According to the instructions you can not use fabric softener. I wash with Tide but the shirts still smell like b.o. Any ideas?? I thought about trying oxyclean but it just says it''s for taking stains out. I need an odor remover.
Oxyclean does work for odors. When I use it, I wash in hot water and then hang dry. (I''ve used it when my kids have thrown up on their clothes! lol)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OxyClean definitely helps, as does vinegar, etc. - but I don't think ANYTHING completlely gets rid of the sweat odor once it sets in.

I wrote to NIKE and they recommended the detergent Win - which you can pick up at sporting goods stores like Sports Authority - it's supposed to be more oxygenated than regular detergents.

I thought it helped - but did it get rid of odors completely? No...again, I think once that happens the best option is to throw out the item (unfortunately) - because even if it smells OK after you wash it as soon as you sweat in it again the smell resufaces.

I think the key is in prevention - i.e., washing immediately after wearing, using OxyClean regularly, etc.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would use liquid tide with bleach alternative, using the longest cycle you have available on your machine. in addition to the tide, i would add oxyclean to the load. i would only do underwear type items together and make sure the load is not too full. you want to be sure the water and detergent can freely move through the fiber. after washing i would hang them outside in the sun. if it is a windy day all the better.

Little Monster

Shiny_Rock
I second the suggestion for WIN laundry detergent that is designed for sports clothing. We use it on our gym & hockey stuff & it''s the only way to get the nasty smell to go away. It''s definitely pricier than regular detergent (and harder to find), but worth it. Good luck!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
If you have a Whole Foods near you, try Charlie''s Soap. You can go to the Charlie''s Soap website and read all about it.
Another product worth trying is Arm + Hammer Washing Soda, not Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. I used to find it on the top shelf of the laundry aisle at Target. It is not there anymore. As an alternative, I add Borax to the Charlie''s Soap for really bad smells.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 11:35:54 AM
Author: MC

Oxyclean does work for odors. When I use it, I wash in hot water and then hang dry. (I''ve used it when my kids have thrown up on their clothes! lol)
The oxyclean totally did the trick. I tried baking soda first, which helped but I could still smell it. Then went to the oxyclean and the stench is gone!
Thanks!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2009 12:37:19 AM
Author: tiffanytwisted

Date: 8/29/2009 11:35:54 AM
Author: MC

The oxyclean totally did the trick. I tried baking soda first, which helped but I could still smell it. Then went to the oxyclean and the stench is gone!
Thanks!!
HI:

Good to know!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results