shape
carat
color
clarity

Drusy Dangles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was doing an errand yesterday and there was a sign outside a local florist that said "Jules Gems". Naturally, I was intrigued so I had to check it out. She (Jules) has some beautiful handmade sterling silver jewelry on display with an assortment of differnt semi-precious gemstones. I have seen Drusy online before, but (1) much of it is fake and (2) not seeing it in person, you don''t realize how beautiful it is. These are titanium coated druzy. Titanium is a metal that turns color when certain chemicals are applied. I believe they rotate them in a drum. Jules had an array of colors that were out of this world beautiful. After talking with her for awhile and telling her a little about my jewelry knowledge, she asked if I would be interested in helping her at various shows! ABSOLUTELY! She also has a little shop that is about 4 miles from my house. I drove past it and I may have to make a visit in the next week or so as I have my eye on several pieces. I just loved the color of these dangles and how the drusy crytal formations in these stones look like diamonds. Not usually a big sterling silver fan......but I just had to have these!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what happened as I tried to "clip board" this post and the images didn''t show??

Drusy Dangles 002.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These looks so pretty with my diamonds!

Drusy Dangles 006.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one...

Drusy Dangles 004.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCN,
Very unique and pretty. I remember some fascinating drusy that Barry had on his website as well.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCN, those are so cool! I''ve never heard of drusy before. I''m going to have to investigate.
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
CCN.. I''ve never seen nor heard of those before. Very neat looking...I like it.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are really interesting, I like!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I really like those! The color is awesome, and you are not likely to see someone else walking around with the same earrings :) Very unique.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I love drusy as well, but I have to warn you that the coating will eventually wear off, just like any other surface coating used on (almost) any gemstone. Drusy is also often coated with platinum or gold, but those wear away even faster as these metals are even softer. Be sure to store it away from other jewellery as I believe even quartz can scratch titanium, not to mention anything harder than that, and don''t allow dust to build up on them (dust can contain quartz particles).

But in the meantime, by all means enjoy them
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CC I love those earrings. Love the color play in them. They look beautiful on your ears too.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Drusy fan here! There''s just something that''s magical looking about it and in a strange way it reminds me of my childhood. I love your earrings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool looking earrings.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!

Lori

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:30:01 PM
Author: Linda W
CC I love those earrings. Love the color play in them. They look beautiful on your ears too.
Ditto, they are very pretty. I can imagine how they catch the light
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 3:45:36 PM
Author: akmiss

Date: 3/27/2009 12:30:01 PM
Author: Linda W
Ditto, they are very pretty. I can imagine how they catch the light
1.gif

For some reason, my husband NEVER notices my jewelry, but today at work he made a comment on them. They really are eye catching!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 11:06:17 AM
Author: ma re
I love drusy as well, but I have to warn you that the coating will eventually wear off, just like any other surface coating used on (almost) any gemstone. Drusy is also often coated with platinum or gold, but those wear away even faster as these metals are even softer. Be sure to store it away from other jewellery as I believe even quartz can scratch titanium, not to mention anything harder than that, and don''t allow dust to build up on them (dust can contain quartz particles).

But in the meantime, by all means enjoy them
2.gif

Thanks MA RE! I can always count on someone on PS to know some information concerning a certain gemstone. I have done my research too and found that 95% of Drusy that is sold on Ebay is Fake. It is usually just some painted over plastic. I am glad that I have a local source as I have a feeling this won''t be my last piece of Drusy!

Would anyone else like to share their Drusy pieces? I would love to see them!

Thanks Everyone for your compliments! I was a little apprehensive about posting these as I didn''t know the reaction I would get...but I am glad to see that a few members enjoy Drusy too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results