shape
carat
color
clarity

driving myself crazy!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
hi everyone,
i have been mostly lurking for a while, but had to post because i don''t know what else to do with myself!

my boyfriend of 3 years and i spent over 2 months meeting with 4 different jewelers on a mission to find my ring-- we finally found THE ONE and he bought it over a month ago. i stepped away for the conversation he and the jeweler had about how long it was going to take to complete and when it should be delivered-- but i know he MUST have it by now. it''s taken all my will power and then some not to go through his closet searching for it (we live together and that''s the only place i can imagine he would hide it without risking me finding it) and i''ve been really good about not bothering him about it or bugging him with questions about the status.

well, we are going away for memorial day weekend and i''ve convinced myself that''s when he''s going to propose. i''m going absolutely crazy trying to make the week pass faster-- how is it still only monday?! but then i keep thinking to myself "what if he doesn''t do it?!" -- i can''t imagine how much longer he''s going to make me wait or what he could possibly have planned. our next few weekends are already filled with plans that are not very exciting and we both work way too much to have a spontaneous getaway or even to pull together a romantic proposal at home. so basically if it doesn''t happen this weekend, i''m going to completely lose my mind.

i can''t talk about this with friends or co-workers because nobody knows that we bought the ring-- if it''s not a surprise for me i want it to at least be a surprise to everyone else. i think this is the only place where i can come out with all of these details! please share your tips for keeping your sanity when you''re convinced it''s going to happen any day now!!!!! (and then maybe some tips for what to do if it doesn''t happen when you''ve already convinced yourself that it''s coming...).

RL

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its all part of the excitement. Just try to enjoy the anticipation instead of worrying over when it will happen. You are being very good not searching for the ring. Keep it up!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
thanks maisie- you have no idea how hard it is when i know i''m safely alone in the apt! he told me he was going to set up booby traps to keep me in line -- the last thing i need is a bucket of water getting dumped over my head when i finally get to the box :)
i have to admit that i''m enjoying the buzz of excitement that comes along with the anticipation, but still can''t help myself from stressing out about it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A bucket of water wouldn't be funny for you....but we would think it was hilarious!
9.gif

I bet he knows how excited you are, even though you have managed not to keep going on about it. He won't make you wait too long.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say, that my boyfriend has had my ring for 7 months now. It drives me CRAZY too but I really try to take a step back and just enjoy the ride.

PLEASE do not "convince" yourself that he is going to propose this weekend. IF he does not, you''re setting yourself up for some major disappointment and being upset. Not only that but I''m sure that once he see''s you''re upset about something you''ll owe him an explanation. Just go with the flow and don''t convince yourself of certain times that it is going to happen. I''m telling you from my own experience and many times within the 7 months my boyfriend has had the ring that I "convinced" myself that he was going to propose and did not. It led to me being very upset, him asking why, me bitching about him not proposing = not cool/starts arguments.

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
autumn-- i admire your patience!!! and i totally feel for you- 7 months is a long wait.

agreed that he will see it all over my face if we are traveling home and left hand is bling-less...and i will definitely have to admit that i thought it was coming. he will probably get a kick out of putting me on an emotional roller coaster ride! especially if he has something planned that i am clueless about.

i know what you''re talking about with the arguments that come out of the bitchfest based on my crazy expectations - we lived through plenty of those in the months leading up to the first jeweler appt!

it''s so great to come here and know that i''m not the only one waiting/bitching/stressing/etc!

RL

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
RL...If I could ONLY begin to explain and describe the bitch fits I had, hahahah...we''d be here ALLLLLL day. :) Trust me, you are not the only one and I can bet anyone I''ve been REALLY bad.

Just try to enjoy your time this weekend and remind yourself that you won''t be upset (or as upset) if he does not propose.

***SENDING MY DUST TO YOU!***

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s really exciting. Good job on keeping your will power and not looking for the ring or bugging him about it, that''s got to be incredibly hard lol. Maisie and Autumnovember gave some great advise, just enjoy the excitement of not knowing when it will happen and don''t convince yourself of when it will. That would be extremely disappointing if you were wrong. He''s probably going to wait til you aren''t expecting it at all. Sounds like it''ll be soon though so hang in there.

SAPHIRINA

Rough_Rock
What an exciting time for you, RebeccaLynn!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I agree with the advice other posters have given you. Try to enjoy this exciting pre-engagement anticipation time and let yourself be surprised when the proposal comes! You will have wonderful memories of this time, if you don''t stress yourself out too much!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
haha i just became a member today cuz my boyfriend and i finally picked the ring out and put a down payment on it.. I was almost in tears because i was sooo happy and he hadnt even asked me yet.. Like everyone says.. i guess we just have to relax and let it happen on its own terms.. Just remember they really try to make the moment perfect.. and that could be in the planning of the whole proposal.. I know my boyfriend said he knows what hes going to do and he knows i will love it :) thats all i need to know and i know he will never let me down ! Keep us all updated :)

Nikki

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My BF has had the ring for over two weeks - my coping strategy has just been to put the whole thing out of my mind as much as possible.
Do your best to forget and carry on as usual. Thinking about it will only make you crazy.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting that you finally found your perfect ring! You have been doing a great job of not searching for the ring. I know if my BF already had the ring, I would be going crazy and thinking about it all the time too. But, as others have said, you need to enjoy this time in your life. Don''t expect a proposal this weekend. Instead, focus on how much fun you are having with your wonderful BF, who WILL eventually propose to you and marry you!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
my weekend starts in approximately 7 hours--- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh finally!
for the record, getting crazier by the minute!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
to pass the time, how about a pic of what your ring looks like?

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
HappyNewLife-

Sorry to post-jack, but I was just curious as to how things are going with you and your SO? I don''t want to make you uncomfortable, so feel free to tell me to back off, but I was just wondering if you had sorted through things a bit and if there was any new news? Was thinking bout you and your situation the other day and just wanted to make sure you''re ok!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I don''t have any photos, because we basically custom made the ring-- we chose the center stone and then I went through all the elements that I liked on a number of settings that the jeweler had on hand, and sort of pulled them all together into my dream ring! That''s another reason that I''m anxious to see it already, I have a vision of what I think it will all look like together but I want to SEE it already! (although I''m still fighting the thought of going through the closet in fear of the booby traps
2.gif
)

It''s a 1.8 ct, E VS1 Emerald cut with .5 ct Emerald side stones on a 2mm pave band with pave also along the basket. Hopefully I used all of the correct terms, I''m still learning from you experts out there! Fingers crossed I''ll be able to post pictures on Tuesday and you can tell me what I screwed up on...

No worries about post-jacking, Anne-- Happy, I also hope things are going well...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
good luck! My bf will have the ring TODAY! I have no idea how I can stop thinking about when he''s gonna propose. I''m scared I''ll expect him to propose and he didn''t and I''ll start an argument.

DUSt to you Rebecca!***************************

Autumn, I''m very proud of you... for waiting that long!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
Thanks and good luck beezy!

I''m already mentally preparing for the ride home in case it doesn''t happen-- he hasn''t seemed excited/nervous AT ALL for our weekend so I''m losing confidence. But it just makes too much sense to me for him to do it this weekend....then again we don''t often have the same thoughts on what "makes sense"! Boys are dumb
9.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 2:50:25 PM
Author: RebeccaLynn
Thanks and good luck beezy!

I''m already mentally preparing for the ride home in case it doesn''t happen-- he hasn''t seemed excited/nervous AT ALL for our weekend so I''m losing confidence. But it just makes too much sense to me for him to do it this weekend....then again we don''t often have the same thoughts on what ''makes sense''! Boys are dumb
9.gif
so true! It seems like they''ll only propose during long weekend or special occasion. Enjoy your weekend. He will propose when you''re least expecting it. (I keep on trying to convince myself...)

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
dust to both of you ladies!!

I would go crazy knowing that my SO had the ring...Hopefully you''ll both get a proposal very soon! :) crossing my fingers for ya!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
RIGHT-- he better think I''m "least expecting it" tomorrow night!!!! I mean, if your long weekend/special occasion theory is correct, I''ll have to wait til 4th of July! Maybe I should convince him I''m a serious observer of Flag Day...hmmmm....or Father''s Day?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 3:40:45 PM
Author: RebeccaLynn
RIGHT-- he better think I'm 'least expecting it' tomorrow night!!!! I mean, if your long weekend/special occasion theory is correct, I'll have to wait til 4th of July! Maybe I should convince him I'm a serious observer of Flag Day...hmmmm....or Father's Day?
lol... good luck! At least you know he's gonna propose sooner or later since he has the ring. Don't you wish you can just enjoy the engagement for a LITTLE bit longer? I feel that way. I want to have a 2011 fall/winter wedding. I want to be engaged now so that I can enjoy being engaged for a few months longer.

So funny! I told him I THINK I know when he's planning to propose... our 6 year anni July 24. I was hoping that by telling him I "kinda" know his plan, maybe he'll propose sooner. I'm evil. HAHA! I told him I want to have a "OMG.. I HAVE NO IDEA IT'S COMING" proposal. So... I hope he'll propose sooner than our anni.

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
YES I totally agree, but I don''t want to completely scare him off by laying out the timelines that exist in my head! I also gave a strict requirement for a "real" proposal even though I picked out every single part of the ring...I guess I asked for this torture???

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I know what you mean Rebecca. I told my BF I wanted to be completely surprised so now it''s killing me having no clue when he''ll propose or even buy the ring. AHHH!!!
23.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to admit this.. yes.. we''re torturing ourselves. BTW, at least we get the ring WE LOVE!!!!

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
well...after all of the stressing and pricescope venting, i can say it was worth it-- i''m engaged!

a big thank you to each of you that tried to keep me sane over the past couple of weeks. now on to the planning!!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m so happy for you! PLEASE show some pics :)))

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH!!!! CONGRATS!!! pics and story please!
31.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, RebeccaLynn!!! You MUST post pictures of the ring you spent so long searching for!!!
36.gif

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! That is so sweet! Pics?! I love seeing new ''custom'' rings revealed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results