shape
carat
color
clarity

drive by shooting into apartment building accross the street.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
45min or so ago, 10 shots fired semi-auto likely a 9mm by the sound.
Couple people cut by glass from a broken window.

Was surfing PS when it went down and it was close enough that I dived under the desk and reached for my gun.
Cops are swarming all over the place.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
are you okay?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 5:05:51 AM
Author: ForteKitty
are you okay?
I'm fine they were shooting the other way.

I did bang my sore arm pretty good diving under the desk and its hurting but that's all.

Just got done talking to the cops again, didn't see anything so wasn't much help other than telling them for sure it was a semi-auto and not a revolver.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
scary! hopefully nobody else got hurt...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 5:17:07 AM
Author: ForteKitty
scary! hopefully nobody else got hurt...
So far other than the glass cuts everyone is ok they have been to the other apartments and checked allready.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang strm, glad you''re ok.

Does this happen often?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,
I am so sorry; that is Horrible! I pray it does not happen again!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow scary. Glad your okay. Whats the area like usually?
I lived in a slightly bad part of town when I was in the early 20s and a few times people were shot on the street I lived on. Where I live now it never happenes. Thank goodness!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Wow, I''m glad you are ok!! Don''t you live in Rockford? I guess it can happen anywhere. Yikes!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank god you are OK Storm. Wow, that must have been terrifying!!!!
32.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
good lord storm - where on earth do you live??? maybe you should move to canada!!!! If I was W2B I''d be flippen about now!!!

yikes!!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 11:10:37 AM
Author: innerkitten
Wow scary. Glad your okay. Whats the area like usually?
I lived in a slightly bad part of town when I was in the early 20s and a few times people were shot on the street I lived on. Where I live now it never happenes. Thank goodness!
When my husband was in the gulf on westpac he was stationed in alameda californa and the only place we could afford on military $$ was san leandro and we ended up in the cutest little house a block up from E14th at like 65th avenue? Boy I forget that part LOL Anyway... there were always shootings and once the helicoptor with the searchlight went up our street at 2am. Boy, that was fun - especially since I lived next to an abandoned building that was next to a park where they had old lady bingo by day and drug and prostitution transactions by night. And yeah it was just me and my baby girl for six months... that really sucked. This is what holds me back from living in CA again before I can live in a GOOD neighborhood. Its one thing when you''re single and another thing altogether when you''re a family with kids.

Crazy stuff storm, do you live in a neighborhood that has problems or was this totally a-typical (and I know it is not normal anywhere but...)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very frightening, Storm, and of course I am glad you are OK. Drive-by shootings are way out of my realm. Even when I was a poor student and lived in a bad area, (a close friend left my apartment and was raped when she tried to enter her building), there were no drive-by shootings. In those days (the 1970's) I don't think drive-by shootings were a normal crime in US cities.

Deborah
34.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 4:54:45 AM
Author:strmrdr
45min or so ago, 10 shots fired semi-auto likely a 9mm by the sound.
Couple people cut by glass from a broken window.

Was surfing PS when it went down and it was close enough that I dived under the desk and reached for my gun.
Cops are swarming all over the place.
ok hon...I know u did not plan for me to find this out by reading it on PS....and I thot my stomach was starting to settle down...Thank God you are alright and my parents just left so they didn''t hear me gasp and then declare that there was no way now that I would be moving there - lol
Thank you Lord for keeping my sweetheart safe... I wondered why you hadn''t called yet, you are probably trying to get some sleep...Hope your arm will not suffer too much...I would feel so much better if I was just there with you...
lumbtd!!!! Ptcou4m!!!!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Poor Storm...........

That has to be frightening at least.

Especially at 4 am, when most people are in bed.

Hope they catch whoever was doing it.

Good to hear you weren''t injured ..... dealing with your arm is enough to deal with.

Rockdoc

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 11:22:57 AM
Author: Catmom
Oh Wow, I''m glad you are ok!! Don''t you live in Rockford? I guess it can happen anywhere. Yikes!!!!
Yep Rockford.
It happens across the river on the west side every once in a while like maybe 2-3 times a year but hardly ever on this side.
Last time I heard gunshots a few years back around here it was a guy who shot his wife then she grabed a gun and shot him 15 times.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since everyone is on-line and reading this thread, let me ask this pool of talent for some help! Please take a look at the Jewelry Pieces thread on Asian Gold and weigh in on what you think may be in the 14K gold alloy of Indian gold that looks "darker" than US 14K gold. I, who am fascinated by pure gold, was immediately taken with this poster's question. John Q. just published an article on Pricescope about platinum alloys used in jewelry making, too. Alloys are the topic of the day!

Storm, I don't want to hijack your thread. I am hoping to direct some attention to another thread that otherwise won't get a glance!

14K Indian Gold Thread

Deb
34.gif

blingless

Rough_Rock
It happens alot in most big cities now. Very scary stuff. This may sound like a joke but I''m serious, if you can''t position your desk so that you are not exposed to anything but brick or cement shooting up from the street, switch to a highback chair with a steel back plate. That is what I did when I worked in Htfd. CT and had bullets come through the window on two occasions. Wore a "second chance" vest to work every single day. Neither were very expensive and made me feel much safer. The company paid for both but I would have without any arguement if they didn''t. The news doesn''t cover these events most of the time so very few are ever known to folks who aren''t in the immediate area. The problem is two fold - drug dealers don''t have sufficient training to hit what they are shooting at and you''re never expecting bullets to come through your window when they do.......

Glad they were shooting the other way. I''d buy some bling and a bottle of wine to help me get over it if I were you sparkles make everybody feel better :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that would scare me to death. so glad you''re ok storm..

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i knew you were prepared......glad you''re ok.

movie zombie

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are okay, that must be scary. There is more shooting going on in London now we here it on the news everyday.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m amazed that this happened, a new thing in your neighborhood. And I''m GLAD that you''re OK.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about that, Storm. Sorry for your scarey experience and that you ended up bumping your arm. Really gald you are okay. I hope your neighborhood calms down soon.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, we were in Rockford today.
I am glad you are ok.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are your neighbors okay???? Did you find out why it happened? I am just so glad you all are safe!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
om goodness! thank goodness you are ok. hopefully the neighbors are too.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 9:55:26 PM
Author: Skippy123
Are your neighbors okay???? Did you find out why it happened? I am just so glad you all are safe!!
just some cuts from flying glass, I don't know them that well other than saying heyas a couple times.
No word on why it happened the apartment next door to theirs was a drug house for a while this summer until it got raided because of everyone complaining about it so maybe they hit the wrong apartment.
Hard to say whats going on.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My office mgr. lives in Rockford, Strm....glad to hear you are no worse for the wear...I wonder if she''ll have the story tomorrow morning, though.

Sorry to hear this happened in your neighborhood! Take care.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Heck Strmrdr, it would have scared the living daylights out of me and I wouldn''t have come out from under the desk. Glad to hear you''re okay and in one piece. It could happen anywhere, says she looking over her shoulder! I remember when we had that terrorist hit at the Oasis Compound in Khobar, where so many expats were killed, over 3 years ago. Well, it had us all jittery for a long time and we had worked out exactly where we were going to hide in the office and had acquired steel bars to put across the office door. Thankfully it hasn''t come to anything, but we''re always watchful... just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results