shape
carat
color
clarity

Drilling a larger hole in a tahatian pearl ????????

Chemteach7

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have recently purchased a single tahatian black pearl from Bali. Really looking forward to getting it. It will be drilled with a 1mm hole (maxium they will drill). I need this hole enlarging to a 4mm hole. So, the pearl needs to find someone that will take great care in enlarging the hole. I am going to be putting the pearl on a nice 3-3.5mm sterling silver ball-type necklace (its for a man). Can someone suggest a pearl driller ? I live in the Detroit-metro/Flint, Michigan area. That would be ideal, however, if I have to send it off, so be it. Thanks..............

Chemteach7

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here is a picture of the pearl:

Tahitian black pearl.jpg

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
How big is the pearl? The hole is gonna be so big! Maybe you can check with a jeweler to see if they can drill that size. If there is already an hole its gonna be more easy to make the hole bigger than to start a new hole.

Chemteach7

Rough_Rock
Trade
16mm x 11.75mm x 11.6mm is the size of the pearl. It has been drilled at the wider/rounder part with a 1mm hole by the company I purchased it from. I had them drill the smaller hole to serve as a guide for a larger hole. I am going for a very casual look and just would like the pearl put on the silver chain. Anyone know of a good pearl driller ?

I think the harder part might be finding someone WILLING to drill a 4mm hole :???:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was tooling around looking for something completely different when I stumbled across this jeweler's blog: perhaps Cheyenne Weil might be the one for you? Scroll about halfway down to see what she did with a drilled out golden South Sea pearl ....

http://blog.cheyenneweil.com/

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Are you willing to put a post or something thru the pearl and then add the chains to both sides? that way you can use the ball chain and wouldn't have to drill a 4mm hole...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's a great idea, Forte.

MoZo

Chemteach7

Rough_Rock
Trade
Jeremy at Pearl Paradise took care of the drilling and puttimg the pearl on the chain for me. I like the way it came out.

8-26-10b.jpg

PP always does great work.

Looks great! Neck shot perhaps?

Chemteach7

Rough_Rock
Trade
I dont have a camera LOL.... That picture was done at PP. I will say the length is 22" and the chain is sterling silver. I just got the necklace back today and it is very nice. They did a wonderful job. Thanks Jeremy and all the staff at Pearl Paradise, I look forward to doing business in the future..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results