shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress shopping tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bodice on dress #2 of the first lot, but there is too much going on with the bottom for your frame. The 3rd one is the best of that lot.

The first one you posted in the 2nd lot looks nice on you too. The foofy skirts with the pick ups don''t work IMHO.

Hope you had fun!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
So Happy, thanks for your tips! I will try the Maggie''s, if I can find a store that carries them near me. I''m feeling a lot more open now than I felt earlier in the evening and less depressed btw. Actually, I''m even a little optimistic and feel like next time, I''ll be going in w/much more info. so that I can try other styles.
I would definitely try a v neckline but they didn''t have any for me to try today. There is one on my list that I''ll try at the next store. Btw, what''s MSRP? At the moment, I''m liking that 2nd dress the most too. I''d like to find a similar bottom but a top w/no beading and just flows right into the bottom.. if that makes sense.

IrishAngel, I did have a good time, thanks for asking! It''s only when I got home and saw the pics that I got upset. It wasn''t nearly as bad as I thought. Now, I''m even looking fwd to going again.

Anchor, good idea! I will definitely try on other dresses. I wish I liked the 3rd as much as everyone else!

Kcoursolle, thanks! That''s a good idea about having ribbons sewn on the dress on the bottom. But still not thrilled w/the top of the dress and all the beading, especially the part in the center that goes higher up than the rest of the beading. I am still so surprised that I don''t like all the beading but I''m learning all sorts of new things about myself w/the wedding planning.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MSRP - manufacturer''s suggested retail price

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
TG, thanks for your opinion! I kind of like the "foofy" skirts but just a little foofy!
19.gif
The last two are definitely too much for me. Hmmm, where or where is that perfect dress for me???? The first one in the 2nd lot just seemed a bit blah to me, too much beading and it didn''t feel special to me. It was on my "ok" list.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TG! I looked on the Maggie website and there are tons of them. They also have a store near me that sells them so I will put that on my list for the next trip.
You guys are very helpful, and I appreciate all of your comments! I really would hate to think I look great and then all my wedding pics come back and I am wondering what happened. That would NOT be good!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 11:04:52 PM
Author: dixie94
TG, thanks for your opinion! I kind of like the ''foofy'' skirts but just a little foofy!
19.gif
The last two are definitely too much for me. Hmmm, where or where is that perfect dress for me???? The first one in the 2nd lot just seemed a bit blah to me, too much beading and it didn''t feel special to me. It was on my ''ok'' list.
Well of course a bit of foof is par for the course!
2.gif
Don''t worry Dixie, you are off to a great start and we are all here to help you. You will find something you feel special in that will also look great on camera. But as cliche as it sounds, you will be happy on your wedding day and glowing smiles will make any dress look pretty darn good!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, you found a Maggie store
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Just know that they CAN run more expensive than your budget is but honestly, I think the Rebecca and Olympia are in fact below $500. And the Olympia has all that lovely simplicity you are looking for. I want to be open with you since now you''re gonna go look at Maggie gowns.....if the gown has crystals on it (Maggie uses Swarvoskis) then it is most likely in the $800 and up range
31.gif
So, if you are as good as I wasn''t DON''T even put them on!!! I''m sorry, but for me, while not Monique L gowns, they are fantastic and I did end up buying one out of my budget.

Those second round of pics...were they also from DB? Have you only gone to DB so far? I can''t remember. If so, the Maggies are construction and design STARS and very affordable for a designer name
30.gif
30.gif
I really think you''ll notice the difference. Of course, now you may be psychologically primed to feel that way (lol).

Oh, and do me one favor.....everytime someone takes ur pic in any gown from now on.......give a SMILE if you can!!! Because when you look back on the pics, it may be hard to separate your facial expression being made at the time from what the gown looks like. Ham it up, lady!! Your''e trying on WEDDING GOWNS :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I actually prefer the second to the others. I think it fits you beautifully.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Dixie~ Just looking over your pics again and I have to say I don''t think the pick-up style skirt does you justice. I think the ball gown look like in the first round of pics, second one down, looks much cleaner with it''s pleating while still giving some "froof".

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
My FI says you look best in the second one with the slight pick-ups (I actually like this one on you too)...though he thinks it would look even better with a curved neckline. So, there''s a guy''s perspective... :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 10:48:31 PM
Author: dixie94
Well, since there's such a consensus against dress 3, I thought I'd throw some other pics of dresses I didn't like but maybe you guys will.
1.gif

ETA: I'm just loving my facial expression here.
20.gif

I think this is the most figure flattering on you by far. I really like how it slims you and elongates your torso. And the detail photographs nicely.

ETA.. I don't normally like Basque waistlines... but this one really works on you. if you don't like the basque... I definitely think a dropped waist a line is the way to go.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
So Happy, don''t worry, I won''t try on anything at $700 or more. I figure maybe in the $600 range I''d be willing if it''s extra special or maybe there will be a sale but over that, I just can''t justify it on my budget.
Yes, the second round was from David''s also. I did go to House of Brides but didn''t see anything great so didn''t even bother taking pics. And none were my size so they''d have to be ordered and were more expensive. Now, I kind of wish I''d have at least taken pics but whatever. I''m going back to David''s to try on another set of dresses and another place which has Maggie''s and other designers.
I agree about the pick-up style; I think it''s just too much. But is the 2nd pic still considered pick-up style? I do still like that one too.
Ok, ok, I''ll smile!
1.gif

EBree, thanks! I haven''t ruled it out yet but am hoping to find something similar w/no beading on top.

Facet, thanks for asking him. I''m open to all opinions and since I can''t show my FI, it''s fun to have a man''s opinion too!

Gypsy, I don''t mind that one but it just seemed a little blah to me. What is a basque waistline?

Thanks again everyone. My spirits are definitely lifted and ready for round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results